Hey Trent Williams....where's the bong?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 09, 2012 11:34 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm all for him showing that he's going to be himself and to prepare and be as good a LT as he can

No matter what he does - if he does not make much of an effort to do ONLY that ... his departure WILL happen whether he smokes weed or not

there is no room on this team and especially on the offensive line for any player that thinks he can get by on talent alone

I want him to be great but I would love to see him get cut if he does not make a huge effort to be really good

players that think they've got it made, don't belong here - there have been a few here recently that are NOT here any more

there will be some players that are going to realize - I could have been there :lol:

So far, the guy hasn't shown much. I said he was a bad pick because of his attitude and and lack of work ethic, which was known to everyone, and now am more convinced than ever that he'll be a bust, one way or the other. The hell with him. Shanny ought to put him on the block.

What the heck are you talking about? He's already shown he's an excellent player. He's way past the point of ever being considered a bust.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu May 10, 2012 6:30 am

the poster wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Quit treating the man like he's a heroin addict.

what are you talking about. people aren't treating him like a heroin addict. they are treating like a person who let his teammates, his coaches, and probably a lot of other people down by doing something that could get him suspended. that suspension hurts more people than just himself.

you have to think outside your small box and realize this isn't about drugs. if the NFL suspended players for smoking cigarettes......it's not the cigarettes that people would be upset about. it's the action the guy took , knowing it was against lague rules, that only can hurt his football team if he gets caught.

Right but it was last year. Time to get over it. Let's untwist these panties, it's a new season.

Deadskins wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm all for him showing that he's going to be himself and to prepare and be as good a LT as he can

No matter what he does - if he does not make much of an effort to do ONLY that ... his departure WILL happen whether he smokes weed or not

there is no room on this team and especially on the offensive line for any player that thinks he can get by on talent alone

I want him to be great but I would love to see him get cut if he does not make a huge effort to be really good

players that think they've got it made, don't belong here - there have been a few here recently that are NOT here any more

there will be some players that are going to realize - I could have been there :lol:

So far, the guy hasn't shown much. I said he was a bad pick because of his attitude and and lack of work ethic, which was known to everyone, and now am more convinced than ever that he'll be a bust, one way or the other. The hell with him. Shanny ought to put him on the block.

What the heck are you talking about? He's already shown he's an excellent player. He's way past the point of ever being considered a bust.

I'd have to say that his worth ethic hasn't been a big issue at all, he played very well last year. Attitude, that's def an area of concern. The pot issue and his absence from player organized activities last year didn't help. Plus, he does have some mental lapses during games. However, let's hope that he continues to mature.

I'm not worried cus we have a coach that's not gonna put up with it. Trent isn't gonna run this team.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 10, 2012 6:56 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Right but it was last year. Time to get over it. Let's untwist these panties, it's a new season.

Et tu, Chris? :thump:

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I don't know what's more disappointing at this point, the troll or the people who keep feeding it.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu May 10, 2012 7:22 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:not like i smoke ganjer or anything like dat 8-[
but i do recall a certain buddy of mine *cough cough* went to orlando with his wife for an entire week and couldn't smoke at all. he came back, joined a skins fans messg. board and started to curse alot. all because he couldn't smoke his lil bitty ganjer that hurt no one but himself.

:wink:

So it's the fault of the weed that you're on this site!!! Now there's another reason to keep it illegal....

:wink:

Alls I know is I'm defintiely looking you up when I visit DC, so you can (ahem) show me the sights...

Cool
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu May 10, 2012 9:48 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Right but it was last year. Time to get over it. Let's untwist these panties, it's a new season.

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I don't know what's more disappointing at this point, the troll or the people who keep feeding it.

:up:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu May 10, 2012 9:53 am

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

:up:

OMG! LMAO. I didn't even realize who I responded to!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I saw something wrong and thought to correct! LOL

I apologize.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu May 10, 2012 10:19 am

rskin72 wrote:Reading that article on Williams lifestyle choices....I agree that maybe much is being made over potentially nothing. Yes, he did not exercise sound judgement for smoking during the ban without thinking that maybe someday the ban would end and he would be first in the pee test line based on his prior history.

I also get the fact, and am more upset with, the position that his carelessness put his team in....without their "franchise" starting left tackle, a position of significance with right handed throwers. Hopefully he has finally learned that this particular lifestyle choice could cost him his lucrative career......hope he has reviewed Ricky Williams history.

Just can't get that worked up over this. I was more torqued that Merriweather was popped for DUI than Williams for smoking grass...though each act demonstrated certain levels of poor judgement......Merriweather potentially placed others lives in jeopardy whereas Williams poor judgement only impacted his teammates, and potentially his career. Bad, but not the same as manslaughter.

Williams knows the score, and he is an adult. If he has another lapse in judgement then he will pay severe consequences, and will probably not be a Redskin any longer. Hopefully the second time is the charm, and no more positive tests are in the future.

Normally I take this stance. But Trent Williams has displayed shockingly bad judgment in the past, so he's set an awful precedent for future behavior. To me, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here.

I'm fully expecting him to be suspended for a year. Set expectations low, you'll never be disappointed...

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 10, 2012 10:38 am

PulpExposure wrote:
rskin72 wrote:Reading that article on Williams lifestyle choices....I agree that maybe much is being made over potentially nothing. Yes, he did not exercise sound judgement for smoking during the ban without thinking that maybe someday the ban would end and he would be first in the pee test line based on his prior history.

I also get the fact, and am more upset with, the position that his carelessness put his team in....without their "franchise" starting left tackle, a position of significance with right handed throwers. Hopefully he has finally learned that this particular lifestyle choice could cost him his lucrative career......hope he has reviewed Ricky Williams history.

Just can't get that worked up over this. I was more torqued that Merriweather was popped for DUI than Williams for smoking grass...though each act demonstrated certain levels of poor judgement......Merriweather potentially placed others lives in jeopardy whereas Williams poor judgement only impacted his teammates, and potentially his career. Bad, but not the same as manslaughter.

Williams knows the score, and he is an adult. If he has another lapse in judgement then he will pay severe consequences, and will probably not be a Redskin any longer. Hopefully the second time is the charm, and no more positive tests are in the future.

Normally I take this stance. But Trent Williams has displayed shockingly bad judgment in the past, so he's set an awful precedent for future behavior. To me, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here.

I'm fully expecting him to be suspended for a year. Set expectations low, you'll never be disappointed...

I don't see any problem with what you're saying.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 10, 2012 10:47 am

Deadskins wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

... there is no room on this team and especially on the offensive line for any player that thinks he can get by on talent alone

we don't really get the full picture on how much effort the player is making
OR
what the communication is really like between the player and the staff

I don't think Williams is a bust at all - I really hope for both his sake and ours that he prepares and plays to his ability

both Davis and Williams should be trying to show the recent past is behind them

they have an opportunity to be a big part of what is shaping up to be a really good offense here
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:16 pm

This isn't the problem, he didn't get suspended for smoking during the lock out. He failed that test and two or three more.

So lets not act like he only failed one drug test or it was because of smoking during the lockout. In fact, the NFLPA managed to get that failure tossed out. He failed MULTIPLE test! He smoked pot a lot or was EXTREMELY unlucky.

Personally, I feel luck doesn't run THAT bad.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby Burnzido » Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 am

I would be interested to know how far apart the drug tests were given. The average sized person holds THC in their bloodstream for around 30 days. Trent is three times the size of an average person so the drug could possibly stay in his system for a lot longer.

I'm not condoning his actions by any means but the drug test results could be a little misleading if the tests were conducted within a 2 or 3 month time span. If that is the case then his "drug problem" might not be as troubling as some of us have assumed. Anyone know the time span these tests were administered?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 am

Burnzido wrote:The average sized person holds THC in their bloodstream for around 30 days.

If you're a regular user, it can be three times that long, especially if you have a lot of body fat. But this has been discussed many times before. He failed multiple tests, and actually had one positive thrown out. He obviously didn't stop after he was caught the first time. If he get's caught again it will mean a year-long suspension.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 10:17 am

This has been disected, discussed, and dissed forever - it's time to move on :roll:

Both Williams and Davis could be very valuable parts of what is shaping up to be a very different and more effective offense than we've had EVER

These guys just need to focus on doing whatever it takes to make sure they are a part of this offense, this season

their past behaviour and lifestyle choices have been hashed over ad infinitum

just like the players, we aught to just focus on the future - their past behaviour is just that - it's over

their only choice that matters now is how much effort are they going to put out to make sure they are available to play here
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri May 11, 2012 10:23 am

Correct... they either get it now... or they don't.

We'll know soon enough. On to preseason... I suspect this pair has to be just excited about playing on a team with RGIII as everyone else... and will do what they need to do to STAY a part of it.

If not, they'll be sitting at home somewhere. It's really that simple. Y'all can conjecture and postulate about their motivation, desire, discipline, intelligence, drive, whatever all you want... the bottom line is, we know all we are going to know for now. They will either play the whole season and show why they need to be on the team... or they won't.

Can we move on now?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri May 11, 2012 11:36 am

It IS time to move on: time for Williams and Davis to move on, and prove that they exercise sensible judgment.

As for the rest of us? Well, I'm out of work at the moment, so if you don't mind, I'll happily keep discussing it ad nauseum. Lol.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football