Hey Trent Williams....where's the bong?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Posts: 6271
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Hey Trent Williams....where's the bong?

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Does this guy NOT have a clue about being a professional....? Get a clue dude or you'll be sitting in the Goodell Suspension Box.

Williams in program but is not changing his ways
Redskins tackle Trent Williams raised some eyebrows yesterday when he said that he did not intend to make any changes to his lifestyle in the wake of last year’s four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

When asked about changing his ways, Williams said that he did not plan to do so.

“We’re dealing with the program,” he said. “They take certain amount of measures to make sure it doesn’t occur again. But not really.”

Given another chance to say he was going to alter his lifestyle to help ensure that the “measures” will be effective, he simply replied, “Nah.”

Williams’ responses have left some feeling less than confident that he will be able to avoid testing positive again. Such a result would lead to a one-year suspension for the Redskins’ starting left tackle.

On the one hand, it would be nice if Williams stayed home and watched TV and played video games every night. But it just isn’t realistic to expect any 23-year-old man to do that, especially one who happens to be a millionaire. Since he is going to go out at night all the team can do is hope that the program works and that Williams is able to make good decisions.

Williams’ future, and, to an extent, that of the franchise, rests on his ability to do so.



http://www.realredskins.com/
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4917
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Maybe his lifestyle doesn't involve using...

Ya I know he failed last year but he didn't his rookie year. A "program" for weed is stupid and I think that's what he.was saying.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge
Posts: 14843
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Maybe his lifestyle doesn't involve using...

Ya I know he failed last year but he didn't his rookie year. A "program" for weed is stupid and I think that's what he.was saying.

Ummm. this was the second strike. You seriously think he wasn't using????
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

09 Champ
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:24 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Postby TeeterSalad » Tue May 08, 2012 6:26 pm

I read a different take on the interviews....

...here

I think he's saying a major lifestyle change is not needed in order to keep off the ganga.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

tribe
Posts: 6271
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue May 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Funny how 2 writers can get a different take on one interview....hahaha

Trent just needs to "SAY NO" to dope
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14843
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 pm

He has said that he's committed to being a leader, and the best LT he can possibly be. We shall see...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13934
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm all for him showing that he's going to be himself and to prepare and be as good a LT as he can

No matter what he does - if he does not make much of an effort to do ONLY that ... his departure WILL happen whether he smokes weed or not

there is no room on this team and especially on the offensive line for any player that thinks he can get by on talent alone

I want him to be great but I would love to see him get cut if he does not make a huge effort to be really good


players that think they've got it made, don't belong here - there have been a few here recently that are NOT here any more


there will be some players that are going to realize - I could have been there :lol:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 8:19 am

TeeterSalad wrote:I read a different take on the interviews....

...here

I think he's saying a major lifestyle change is not needed in order to keep off the ganga.


This.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5168
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
TeeterSalad wrote:I read a different take on the interviews....

...here

I think he's saying a major lifestyle change is not needed in order to keep off the ganga.


This.


I agree. I think he's saying "fine, I won't smoke weed, but being suspended for smoking weed in the first place is stupid."

Quit treating the man like he's a heroin addict.

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed May 09, 2012 8:45 am

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
TeeterSalad wrote:I read a different take on the interviews....

...here

I think he's saying a major lifestyle change is not needed in order to keep off the ganga.


This.


I agree. I think he's saying "fine, I won't smoke weed, but being suspended for smoking weed in the first place is stupid."

Quit treating the man like he's a heroin addict.

Who's treating him like a heroin addict? Regardless of anybody's views on the merits or pitfalls of smoking weed, the issue that would worry most Redskins fans is: is Trent Williams capable of dedicating himself to the lifestyle required to be the best player he can be? And is he likely to exercise good judgment in making the right decisions in future?

I'm not getting on my moral high horse about the exact nature of his offence, but the fact is he is one stupid decision away from a year long suspension at a position where we don't have strength in depth.

For my liking, he's a little too laid back about the position he is in, but maybe that's just the effect of the pot (on him, not me! ;-))
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 9:04 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm not getting on my moral high horse about the exact nature of his offence, but the fact is he is one stupid decision away from a year long suspension at a position where we don't have strength in depth.


It won't be a death sentence if he's gone. We drafted a tackle and Big Mo Hurt played well towards the end of the season. Mike's drafting well for contingency puporses.


UK Skins Fan wrote:For my liking, he's a little too laid back about the position he is in, but maybe that's just the effect of the pot (on him, not me! ;-))


I understand but I'd be the same way. If I had to deal with the media like they do, I'd be a minimalist. Those guys come in on their high-horses and ask you the stupidest questions ever, and it's the 1000th time you've answered. I'd most likely be worse and tell people what they really want to hear, even though it'd be the opposite of what I'd be doing.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:57 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm not getting on my moral high horse about the exact nature of his offence, but the fact is he is one stupid decision away from a year long suspension at a position where we don't have strength in depth.


It won't be a death sentence if he's gone. We drafted a tackle and Big Mo Hurt played well towards the end of the season. Mike's drafting well for contingency puporses.


UK Skins Fan wrote:For my liking, he's a little too laid back about the position he is in, but maybe that's just the effect of the pot (on him, not me! ;-))


I understand but I'd be the same way. If I had to deal with the media like they do, I'd be a minimalist. Those guys come in on their high-horses and ask you the stupidest questions ever, and it's the 1000th time you've answered. I'd most likely be worse and tell people what they really want to hear, even though it'd be the opposite of what I'd be doing.

I'm sorry it want the 1000th time he was asked that question by the media, it was the first time. It was the first time because this was the first time he had to faced the media since his suspension. It wasn'ta stupid question, it was relevant and the media would have been irresponsible not to ask him of he changed his life style.

Frankly, him saying he didn't have to change a life style that lead to three (or four) failed drug test in a year is just plain stupid.

We aren't talking about one failed test we are talking about 3 or 4. What a moron!

He lost almost $3M because of his life style, is one toke away from losing a season, and even of you are in denial and don't think you need to change anything in your life style be smart enough to know that telling the media that is absolutely the DUMBEST thing he could have said!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 10:17 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I'm sorry it want the 1000th time he was asked that question by the media, it was the first time.

About this, yes. In general, the media here in DC are hounds. We as fans hate DC coverage of the team at times, so we can relate.


skinsfan#33 wrote:Frankly, him saying he didn't have to change a life style that lead to three (or four) failed drug test in a year is just plain stupid.

That's your interpreation of it. I took it as it isn't an addiction and that he won't have anymore issues.

If he said that he needed to make drastic changes, you'd all be speculating that he's a coke addict and needs to be on the show Intervention.



skinsfan#33 wrote:We aren't talking about one failed test we are talking about 3 or 4. What a moron!

Agreed.


skinsfan#33 wrote:He lost almost $3M because of his life style, is one toke away from losing a season, and even of you are in denial and don't think you need to change anything in your life style be smart enough to know that telling the media that is absolutely the DUMBEST thing he could have said!

Anything he said would/could have been spun way they wanted it to be. It would have been interpretated any and every type of way, just like it has on here. Sure, he def could have shown more remorse. I agree.

But seriously, what would have more remorse netted him? A few more fans on a message board? A few less jokes? A flower basket? At the end of the day, what matters is him not smoking. Anything else is trivial to me. I dont give a darn what he says to the media if he's on the field for every game and playing at a high level.

I dont need Trent to be my role model. I don't need him to be a beaconing light of hope and justice.
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Wed May 09, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13934
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 09, 2012 10:26 am

I agree Chris - I think too much is made of "the role model" BS

I'm going to take it that this kid 'gets it' and he doesn't think that it's an issue anymore

the media almost want it to be an issue

HOPEFULLY both of these guys kick it into gear and become a part of what looks like being a special time in DC

the DC media love to 'blow' everything :wink:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5168
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed May 09, 2012 10:33 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Who's treating him like a heroin addict? Regardless of anybody's views on the merits or pitfalls of smoking weed, the issue that would worry most Redskins fans is: is Trent Williams capable of dedicating himself to the lifestyle required to be the best player he can be? And is he likely to exercise good judgment in making the right decisions in future?


We had a lengthy forum discussion months ago about this with some people comparing Williams to a crackhead and calling him an addict. I don't personally care to revisit it. I have my own views on marijuana use and others are welcome to theirs.

I don't disagree with your question about his judgement though. Deciding to smoke weed when you KNOW you could be tested, when you've already failed one test, and smoking could potentially cost you millions of dollars is pretty much the epitome of poor judgement.

I think what Williams was arguing about was whether or not he needs to change his "lifestyle". The man is a high first round pick, playing one of the toughest positions at the highest level of professional football. Maybe he feels like he is personally ok with that and has been pretty successful with his "lifestyle".

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football