Cut to the Chase

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Cut to the Chase

Postby 1niksder » Wed May 09, 2012 12:40 am

Cut to the Chase:

Former NFL coaching great Bill Parcells ranked Minnifield fourth among cornerbacks in the draft.

“They say if you have a microfracture, they’re not gonna draft you,” Frank Minnfield said. “When they told me there was a problem with the cartilage, I thought it was a miscellaneous injury. The microfracture was done on a non-weight bearing area of the knee. But at the end of the day, every (team) removed him from their draft board. Just the word microfracture scares teams to death.”

Before signing Chase, the Redskins had him sign a medical waiver relieving the Redskins of liability if there is a problem with his knee. The next question is whether Chase will work out at the team’s rookie minicamp or wait for training camp later in August.

“He’s working out three times a day. He’s already guarded people one on one. He’s ready to go. The question is the business part: When do you lay it on the line? Three months before they’re going to make a decision or do you wait like one of those long-distance runners and go for it on the last lap?”

“I told the Washington Redskins they are getting a person hell-bent on correcting this misfortune he had,” Frank Minnifield said. “I would say they got the best deal in the draft.”

I told Minnifield I feel awful about what’s happened and wished his son the best.

“He’s gonna be OK,” he said. “You’ll be writing about his first appearance in the Pro Bowl.”
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed May 09, 2012 1:49 am

:up: me like.....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed May 09, 2012 6:07 am

That's great. I think Shanny and Allen know what they are doing and I have full confidence this kid will be a contributor on th Redskins. Sort of cancels out the Kirk Cousins pick.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 09, 2012 7:33 am

It looks like the FO has done a great job again in addressing 2 major areas of concern

Adding RGIII was great but adding Cousins was pure genius AND luck (Grossman is not a QB we want to see on the field)
- his job is SOLELY to help get the other QBs ready and to provide insurance
- there is no way anyone (except his family) should want to see Grossman play another down in the regular season

Getting a CB of the caliber of Minniefield who seems to have a great desire to do really well, bolsters our secondary - BIG TIME

trying not to get too excited about our prospects here :wink:
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 7:37 am

But, but, but, the Redskins failed to address positions of need by drafting Cousins!!!!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:20 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:But, but, but, the Redskins failed to address positions of need by drafting Cousins!!!!

1. . . 2. . . 3. . . 4 . . .5. . .6. . .7. . . 8. . .9. . .10
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby rick301 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:But, but, but, the Redskins failed to address positions of need by drafting Cousins!!!!

if they didn't, what would the skins options be if RG III had to leave a game? Put in Grossman, Beck? Been there done that - didn't work.

RG III's playing style is riskier than a pocket passer that stays home - hense a greater chance for injury. I hope he stays healthy, but I think Cousins will prove to be an upgrade over Grossman and Beck.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 am

rick301 wrote:

if they didn't, what would the skins options be if RG III had to leave a game? Put in Grossman, Beck? Been there done that - didn't work.

RG III's playing style is riskier than a pocket passer that stays home - hense a greater chance for injury. I hope he stays healthy, but I think Cousins will prove to be an upgrade over Grossman and Beck.

Is your sarcasm detector broken?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:27 am

emoses14 wrote:

1. . . 2. . . 3. . . 4 . . .5. . .6. . .7. . . 8. . .9. . .10

cool little buddy, you made all the way to ten!!!! =D> :up:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 09, 2012 10:33 am

I think that many are blowing the risk of injury to RGIII out of proportion - there's a risk with all players

The way that RGIII plays QB does not put him at any more risk than most other QBs - EXCEPT those that put themselves at risk

THAT is NOT how this kid will be playing QB here

that being said - how hard is to see that Cousins is more than a BIG upgrade over Grossman

another great move by the FO
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed May 09, 2012 10:42 am

SkinsJock wrote: trying not to get too excited about our prospects here :wink:

Hard, isn't it? This is looking good. Real good. We're doomed!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 am

How epic would it be if Chase transitioned to the NFL faster and became a better shut down corner then Claiborne?
I'd go weeeeweeeeweeeee all the way home!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 pm

It's starting to sound like this guy will be our most exciting new player (not including future all-pro, record breaking, Superbowl winning, funky sock wearing QBs).

If he comes in and does the job at CB, and Jackson turns it on at safety like I hope he will, we're gonna have one hell of a defense!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:12 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:It's starting to sound like this guy will be our most exciting new player (not including future all-pro, record breaking, Superbowl winning, funky sock wearing QBs).

If he comes in and does the job at CB, and Jackson turns it on at safety like I hope he will, we're gonna have one hell of a defense!

We may have found a real cover guy. I hope so.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Hope that Chase is that impact db that we so sorely need.....would be a coup for us.

Would also add that just because we may find some diamonds in the rough at some positions with undrafted fa's like minnifield......same could have happened with the qb position. Guess there are a lot of posters here who must be msu alums...... :D
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football