O.M.G.....at Tight End...?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:Yeah I'm just confused by this stuff now. If he's been good enough to play six positions now, why wouldn't coaches expect him to be awesome if they just allowed him to grow into one position.

Its hard to be good at anything when you're dabbling in everything.[/quote]

He's one of the best special teams players in the NFL. You might even call him Awesome on teams. Everything he does on defense or O is for the team. His special teams play keeps him on the roster or would earn him a spot on some other team. Most players wouldn't want to play multiple spots for the reason that have been mentioned but he's a team player.

I'd be interested in how you think a player can be a part of any NFL roster when he's 'dabbling in everything' :shock:

I think you're picking an argument about nothing in particular. Must be a slow Friday.

If anybody other than Mike Shanahan's Personal Confidant thinks I wrote anything especially controversial there, definitely let me know though and I'll give it another look.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm

OMG is doing whatever it takes to make the roster AND some are not appreciating that

we should be so lucky that other players would follow that path as willingly
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 2:10 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:Yeah I'm just confused by this stuff now. If he's been good enough to play six positions now, why wouldn't coaches expect him to be awesome if they just allowed him to grow into one position.
Its hard to be good at anything when you're dabbling in everything.

I'd be interested in how you think a player can be a part of any NFL roster when he's 'dabbling in everything' :shock:

I think you're picking an argument about nothing in particular. Must be a slow Friday.
If anybody other than Mike Shanahan's Personal Confidant thinks I wrote anything especially controversial there, definitely let me know though and I'll give it another look.

You're right - it is Friday :shock:

I'm not picking an argument - just pointing out that this player has constantly made a huge effort and the word dabbling is not close :lol:

I think we've seen the last of players that like to dabble here ... :lol:
Last edited by SkinsJock on Fri May 11, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 11, 2012 2:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:OMG is doing whatever it takes to make the roster AND some are not appreciating that

we should be so lucky that other players would follow that path as willingly

Yeah pretty much nobody said that. Work on your reading comprehension or something.

I don't have any issue with what Alexander is doing. The guy is a beast. My comment was about the coaches. If OMG is good enough to play multiple positions - which seems pretty tough in my book - I wonder how good he would be if they let him take over one spot.

<sarcasm>However, you clearly don't think Alexander is good enough to play just one spot. Must be some kind of OMG hater.</sarcasm>

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 11, 2012 2:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm not picking an argument - just pointing out that this player has constantly made a huge effort and the word dabbling is not close :lol:

Yeah that's a fair if completely unnecessary point. I clearly don't think any NFL players actually "dabble" in their work. I kind of doubt anybody else who read that took it literally. But thanks for pointing it out.

Just for future reference, if I ever write "You're making a mountain out of a mole hill." on here, I don't literally believe you are making a mountain.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Thankfully we have players like #97 that are able to be able to play more than one position really well rather than just focusing on one position

I would not infer that an NFL player dabbled at playing or practicing this game :twisted:

as they say - some people can't see the forest for the trees :lol:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 2:26 pm

just to clarify - you did point out
riggofan wrote: .. Its hard to be good at anything when you're dabbling in everything.

there is very clear evidence that this statement is incorrect ... is all ... :roll:

slowly building a mountain ...... :lol:

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:30 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Thankfully we have players like #97 that are able to be able to play more than one position really well rather than just focusing on one position

I would not infer that an NFL player dabbled at playing or practicing this game :twisted:

You cant even smell your own on your knees

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Thankfully we have players like #97 that are able to be able to play more than one position really well rather than just focusing on one position

The key to understanding SJ's posts is to go in with low expectations. There is not going to be any substance or real meaning in them, and you will learn nothing other than the obvious. Save yourself the headache. They usually read something like this:

Lorenzo Alexander WILL play where ever the COACHES want him to this year BECAUSE he is a TEAM player

He CAN play many positions and THATS WHY he is on THIS team

I BELIEVE in the COACHES and NOT some of the posters here :roll:

I like REDSKINS and OMG TOO :lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm

8) I would love to see him at tight end a few times that would be awesome to see.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 8:15 pm

and that, like most of the Hogster's posts, smells like cheeze

having fun yet? :lol:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote: .. You cant even smell your own on your knees

oh really! - some deep south attempt at humor? ROTFALMAO

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

and that, like most of the Hogster's posts, smells like cheeze

having fun yet? :lol:

Fromunda? fart:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sat May 12, 2012 4:26 am

Goal line or short yardage 2 TE set with Paulsen and OMG as your TE's?
The coaches have mentioned running option. Maybe they want that big body out there protecting the franchise. Hes got the speed for it. If I were gonna try running option in the NFL, He's the perfect guy on the roster to pull this off.

Its situational sure. Everything Alexander does is situational and it usually works out pretty well.

I dont know what the coaches have in mind but, it could be cool. I'd like to see him line up at FB too.

Fact of the matter is, OMG has done more than "dabble" at every position he has played. He's been a serviceable back-up pretty much at all of them. This wont be any different.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:15 pm

jmooney wrote: I'd like to see him line up at FB too.

I would love to see Zo lined up as FB as well. Zo talked about blowing guys off the line. Imagine him blowing backers out into space.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football