Trent Williams & Kory Lichtensteiger Better Than You Thi

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:31 pm

I think we will be fine.

ROASTED

:wink:
XVII XXII XXVI

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Mmmmmm. Roasted Bom.

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:Im talkin bout winnin superbowls not just being good enough to win 8-10 games. And m

8-10 games got the Giants to a superbowl, again, you're not making a valid point.

I ignored the rest because you think that our starting OL is on the FG team.

Oh if you wish to be a wild card team and barely make the playoffs every year then we may have the right o-lineman. But I'm pretty sure it is a low percentage of wild card teams that win the SuperBowl.

If you find ANYWHERE where I said our starting OL was a duplicate of our fg blocking oline you WOULD be a smart man...but guess what?

You ignored it because you could not reply

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Wait.... :oops:
XVII XXII XXVI

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed May 16, 2012 4:23 pm

SkinsJock aka FO wrote: :shock: DUH!

let's get real here - this FO has made some progress - they had very little to work with and they know better than you how important the O line is

the FO is doing something about that

building an offensive line does not happen overnight - especiallly given what they had to begin with

this FO will continue to add offensive players to ensure this offense has all the pieces it needs to execute and be effective AND that we have depth

this FO knows a whole lot more than we do about how to build a consistently competitive franchise - they are doing that :D

Just noting, before I reply, that SJ mentioned FO FIVE TIMES in this one! :up:

Anyway, it all works together. Even the D impacts our OL play. No one, IMO, can honestly say our OL is above average. It does not suck either. I saw too many good things. The tackles could be very good but we all know the problems and potential problems there. The interior is average and some new blood=competition has a chance to change that. I say we are currently average with a chance to be top third in the league this year if things break right, i.e., injuries, developing together, and the rest of the team doing their parts.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 16, 2012 4:33 pm

mastdark81 wrote:..How many NFCE teams run the ZBS? None.

so what - do you think we'd be better off if we changed now :shock:

WHY?

Offensive line play is all about players doing their jobs together - let's say we could get the best 3 offensive linemen in the NFL - do you really think they'd be great immediately - it takes a lot of time to develop the teamwork needed and then you have to have depth that is compatible too

Im talkin bout winnin superbowls not just being good enough to win 8-10 games.

we are getting the O line in shape to be able to contend for the playoffs and eventually be a SB contender

it takes time

what have you been looking at - this O line is greatly improved and will continue to get better and have great depth

it's going to take RGIII a little time too - he's going to have a great line in front of him in a couple of years

thank God we have Mike Shanahan as the coach here & not one of the other NFC East HCs - not one of them could develop RGIII like Mike will

HTTR

damn - I forgot to mention the FO :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 pm

DarthMonk wrote:.. it all works together. Even the D impacts our OL play. No one, IMO, can honestly say our OL is above average. It does not suck either. I saw too many good things. The tackles could be very good but we all know the problems and potential problems there. The interior is average and some new blood=competition has a chance to change that. I say we are currently average with a chance to be top third in the league this year if things break right, i.e., injuries, developing together, and the rest of the team doing their parts.

DarthMonk

If we end up in the top third of the NFL this season, it's a good thing, right?

I agree the O line is not great but by the time RGIII is getting hot, he's going to have a young, fast and very good O line in front of him

it takes time :wink:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Our oline is not as terrible as some would describe it. But, we are far from good enough. We are an average line with below average depth. Meaning, we're just okay when healthy and borderline awful when someone goes down with injury.

Trent Williams needs to dedicate himself to being great. A Chris Samuels level of professionalism would help this line a great deal.

Kory Lichtensteiger is coming off a serious injury. I am not optimistic that he'll be ready to play at a high level right off. I hope we give Leribeus a look to start there.

Will Montgomery - I think he's a decent center. Nothing spectacular, but not a total liability.

Chris Chester - decent RG. Durable. Maybe he'll take a leap in Year 2.

Jammal Brown - Good RT when healthy. Hopefully he's fully recovered from his hip. If not, who knows.

If we hadn't been hit with the cap penalty, I could have seen us making a harder push for Eric Winston out of Houston.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed May 16, 2012 5:29 pm

SkinsJock wrote:If we end up in the top third of the NFL this season, it's a good thing, right?

Hail yeah. I hope it happens, but a lot of things could derail us - weed, injury, the poster and his voodoo dolls, crappy play by other units on the team, etc.

[-o<

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:54 pm

The Hogster wrote:Our oline is not as terrible as some would describe it. But, we are far from good enough. We are an average line with below average depth. Meaning, we're just okay when healthy and borderline awful when someone goes down with injury.

Trent Williams needs to dedicate himself to being great. A Chris Samuels level of professionalism would help this line a great deal.

Kory Lichtensteiger is coming off a serious injury. I am not optimistic that he'll be ready to play at a high level right off. I hope we give Leribeus a look to start there.

Will Montgomery - I think he's a decent center. Nothing spectacular, but not a total liability.

Chris Chester - decent RG. Durable. Maybe he'll take a leap in Year 2.

Jammal Brown - Good RT when healthy. Hopefully he's fully recovered from his hip. If not, who knows.

If we hadn't been hit with the cap penalty, I could have seen us making a harder push for Eric Winston out of Houston.

I'm anxious to see Leribeus play too. The good news is some of our youngens got experience last year; so our Oline will have a little better debth.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 pm

mastdark81 wrote:If you find ANYWHERE where I said our starting OL was a duplicate of our fg blocking oline you WOULD be a smart man...but guess what?

You ignored it because you could not reply

Since you asked so nicely. Here you are mentioning the starting OL and the FG unit in the same breath.

mastdark81 wrote:
This is not a playoff line. We need an interior all-pro. Couldn't get an inch with this line if we really needed it in crunch time, shoot we can't even stop guys from blocking our field goals!!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 17, 2012 8:16 am

DarthMonk wrote:

let's get real here - this FO has made some progress - they had very little to work with and they know better than you how important the O line is

building an offensive line does not happen overnight - especiallly given what they had to begin with

this FO will continue to add offensive players to ensure this offense has all the pieces it needs to execute and be effective AND that we have depth

this FO knows a whole lot more than we do about how to build a consistently competitive franchise - they are doing that :D

To be fair, I only count four. :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu May 17, 2012 8:32 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Hail yeah. I hope it happens, but a lot of things could derail us - weed, injury, the poster and his voodoo dolls, crappy play by other units on the team, etc.

[-o<

I wouldn't worry about the Poster and her voodoo dolls, nothing she can do will derail the Skins this year. Her sorcery didn't bring RG3 to Cleveland as she boasted it would, did it....?!?

Her powers are weak now, like Bernie Kosar's, just don't look into her eyes or you'll turn to stoned....

:shock:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu May 17, 2012 9:26 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

I was waiting. The fifth is in SJ's sig. 8)

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

I was waiting. The fifth is in SJ's sig. 8)

DarthMonk

Ahhh, but not in your quote. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football