RGIII's Baylor Teammate Says Team Had No Playbook

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed May 16, 2012 7:28 pm

This is nothing that any team didn't know prior to the draft, yet almost everyone in the league wanted this guy.

Non Issue

Besides, he indicated that he's comfortable with the playbook already.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/RP-Update-5-14/0d8a0c7e-d346-44ee-b88f-8bd025ec298f#?id=61e72da4-60d5-470d-a864-bad2c3728f05&channelName=Recent
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:24 pm

The Hogster wrote:This is nothing that any team didn't know prior to the draft, yet almost everyone in the league wanted this guy.

Non Issue

Besides, he indicated that he's comfortable with the playbook already.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/RP-Update-5-14/0d8a0c7e-d346-44ee-b88f-8bd025ec298f#?id=61e72da4-60d5-470d-a864-bad2c3728f05&channelName=Recent


Hey Hogster, the link for "RGIII comfortable with the playbook" will not copy. When you post it, it automatically goes to the latest video RP Update. For those who want to view the RGIII video, scroll down and you will find it. IT is definitely worth watching concerning this topic - good post!

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 16, 2012 8:48 pm

there are a few that either don't think that RGIII will become a great QB or are hoping he will not

there are many more, all of whom seem to know a lot more about QBs in the NFL, that are very sure he will, at worst, be a good QB

I know which group I have more faith in about this QB


there is no way that this kid could fool all those scouts and fans by not being able to have a handle on what plays he was running in college
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed May 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:This is nothing that any team didn't know prior to the draft, yet almost everyone in the league wanted this guy.

Non Issue

Besides, he indicated that he's comfortable with the playbook already.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/RP-Update-5-14/0d8a0c7e-d346-44ee-b88f-8bd025ec298f#?id=61e72da4-60d5-470d-a864-bad2c3728f05&channelName=Recent


Hey Hogster, the link for "RGIII comfortable with the playbook" will not copy. When you post it, it automatically goes to the latest video RP Update. For those who want to view the RGIII video, scroll down and you will find it. IT is definitely worth watching concerning this topic - good post!


Or try this
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:This transition is going to be tough. I hope he understands that -- and when I say understand, I mean truly understanding. He is saying all the right things, but RGIII is a very smart guy, he knows what people want to hear. I hope he is actually listening to himself.


Hey Mark, check out what Shanny said about RGIII after only one mini camp. What are you basing your opinion on? You were negative about the RGIII before the draft and you continue to be even though the positive evidence is out there for even you to see.

Mike Shanahan on RGIII:
“He’s great,” Shanahan said of Griffin. “I don’t think we had one bust with a play call or coverages the whole minicamp.”


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... his-elway/


According to Shanahan, Griffin was everything a coach could love during the five practices that made up the minicamp. The rookie had studied in advance and arrived with a rudimentary knowledge of the playbook.

"You can see what an incredible athlete he is," Shanahan said. "I was impressed because the first day we didn't have one bust with a formation or a play call, and I don't think I ever had that in any minicamp that I've been involved with."


Check out the video in the link below

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78968 ... kins-day-1


While I do understand how it appears that I am negative, it is more being cautious. While I am extremely excited, there are some things that most fans have decided to overlook with regards to RGIII's game mainly because we have been so desperate for a QB for so long.

It may be that I don't want to be vastly disappointed again or that I have just grown bitter to the abundantly common over-hyping of players that is now a mainstay in washington.

If there is anything I have learned over the past 10 years, it is that I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure RGIII can digest a playbook -- he was a very good student at Baylor. I am just the type of person that needs someone to acutally produce before I annoint them the next savior in washington. I write this more to show that being an elite QB isn't something that is earned in college.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 17, 2012 8:04 am

.. it's just that the posts have come across that RGIII might not be as good a QB in the NFL as expected

there is little to zero chance that RGIII will not be a huge help to the offense here

there is little to zero chance that RGIII will not be a huge help to this franchise having a consistently competitive product on the field

why not just watch that play out here - why would any Redskins' fan want to consider anything else











I tried to restrain from using caps or pointing to the great job the FO has done ................... :oops: I guess I just did
Last edited by SkinsJock on Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1183
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 am

SkinsJock wrote:.. or pointing to the great job the FO has done :oops: I guess I just did


Wait.... wait.... There it is!

I thought someone had hacked your account for a second there, and then the FO popped up to save the day!!!

:lol:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu May 17, 2012 2:47 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:This transition is going to be tough. I hope he understands that -- and when I say understand, I mean truly understanding. He is saying all the right things, but RGIII is a very smart guy, he knows what people want to hear. I hope he is actually listening to himself.


Hey Mark, check out what Shanny said about RGIII after only one mini camp. What are you basing your opinion on? You were negative about the RGIII before the draft and you continue to be even though the positive evidence is out there for even you to see.

Mike Shanahan on RGIII:
“He’s great,” Shanahan said of Griffin. “I don’t think we had one bust with a play call or coverages the whole minicamp.”


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... his-elway/


According to Shanahan, Griffin was everything a coach could love during the five practices that made up the minicamp. The rookie had studied in advance and arrived with a rudimentary knowledge of the playbook.

"You can see what an incredible athlete he is," Shanahan said. "I was impressed because the first day we didn't have one bust with a formation or a play call, and I don't think I ever had that in any minicamp that I've been involved with."


Check out the video in the link below

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78968 ... kins-day-1


While I do understand how it appears that I am negative, it is more being cautious. While I am extremely excited, there are some things that most fans have decided to overlook with regards to RGIII's game mainly because we have been so desperate for a QB for so long.

It may be that I don't want to be vastly disappointed again or that I have just grown bitter to the abundantly common over-hyping of players that is now a mainstay in washington.

If there is anything I have learned over the past 10 years, it is that I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure RGIII can digest a playbook -- he was a very good student at Baylor. I am just the type of person that needs someone to acutally produce before I annoint them the next savior in washington. I write this more to show that being an elite QB isn't something that is earned in college.
I'm still waiting for the point... I really don't see anyone "annointing" him... I see an awful lot of excitement over his potential, and the likelihood that he represents a new era of competitiveness.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 pm

1niksder wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:This is nothing that any team didn't know prior to the draft, yet almost everyone in the league wanted this guy.

Non Issue

Besides, he indicated that he's comfortable with the playbook already.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/RP-Update-5-14/0d8a0c7e-d346-44ee-b88f-8bd025ec298f#?id=61e72da4-60d5-470d-a864-bad2c3728f05&channelName=Recent


Hey Hogster, the link for "RGIII comfortable with the playbook" will not copy. When you post it, it automatically goes to the latest video RP Update. For those who want to view the RGIII video, scroll down and you will find it. IT is definitely worth watching concerning this topic - good post!


Or try this


That will work

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:33 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:This transition is going to be tough. I hope he understands that -- and when I say understand, I mean truly understanding. He is saying all the right things, but RGIII is a very smart guy, he knows what people want to hear. I hope he is actually listening to himself.


Hey Mark, check out what Shanny said about RGIII after only one mini camp. What are you basing your opinion on? You were negative about the RGIII before the draft and you continue to be even though the positive evidence is out there for even you to see.

Mike Shanahan on RGIII:
“He’s great,” Shanahan said of Griffin. “I don’t think we had one bust with a play call or coverages the whole minicamp.”


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... his-elway/


According to Shanahan, Griffin was everything a coach could love during the five practices that made up the minicamp. The rookie had studied in advance and arrived with a rudimentary knowledge of the playbook.

"You can see what an incredible athlete he is," Shanahan said. "I was impressed because the first day we didn't have one bust with a formation or a play call, and I don't think I ever had that in any minicamp that I've been involved with."


Check out the video in the link below

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78968 ... kins-day-1


While I do understand how it appears that I am negative, it is more being cautious. While I am extremely excited, there are some things that most fans have decided to overlook with regards to RGIII's game mainly because we have been so desperate for a QB for so long.

It may be that I don't want to be vastly disappointed again or that I have just grown bitter to the abundantly common over-hyping of players that is now a mainstay in washington.

If there is anything I have learned over the past 10 years, it is that I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure RGIII can digest a playbook -- he was a very good student at Baylor. I am just the type of person that needs someone to acutally produce before I annoint them the next savior in washington. I write this more to show that being an elite QB isn't something that is earned in college.


I get the "I'll believe it when I see it" part," but do you have to knock it down before you see it? That is a rhetorical question.

Thank you for the explanation of your prespective. Though I don't agree with your perspective, it helps me put a tone on your post that probably fits your intent.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 pm

this is not the same old Redskins

there have been very significant changes here

we are not quite there yet ... but we're very close :D
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Fri May 18, 2012 3:41 pm

Wow. I don't think I have been responded to as much about anything before these comments...

What I post I do not consider as "knocking" RGIII; I see it as analysis based on his performance/circumstance in college (which sort of makes me think that some people may be a little over-sensitive of RGIII critism or even simple analysis based on his college game). If I were "knocking" him, you would know it. I am the type that will straight out say I dont' think someone is not a good player and will not work out. Saying a QB played in a spread offense, has small hands, needs to put on weight etc. -- I say these things as analysis. I said similar things about Alex Smith when he came out (re hand size) -- yet I still though he was a solid QB. I don't offer a conclusion (actually my only real conclusions have been that I am optimistic he will work out), so I'm not sure how people see these things as an attempt to say he will be a flop. Honestly, I look at a lot of what I am saying as warning that the franchise will need to be patient with RGIII because while he has skill, he doesn't have experience in an NFL style offense (among other things). When players come in with this type of hype there is an expectation, and if they immediately don't meet those expectations, people tend to write them off -- and I don't want that to happen in the case of RGIII.

But, in terms of people "annointing" him -- I am not sure how you don't see the annoiting....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ins-savior

To continue, people have serious RGIII fever. Fans are buying RGIII stuff in droves....license plates, tshirts, jerseys, etc.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/17859907/r ... erchandise




There are a ton of people that believe RGIII will just come out and kill it -- and they have no questions about it; as if it is a fact.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:22 pm

markshark84 wrote: (actually my only real conclusions have been that I am optimistic he will work out).


In an earlier post, markshark84 wrote:
Regardless, RGIII better be working hard because he has to make a SERIOUS transition. His college days are going to be NOTHING like his pro ones. I seriously question how well he is going to make the transition --


I see you have both ends covered here. One post has you saying that you seriously question that he can make the transition and then in your most recent post, you say that you are optimistic.

For this thread topic, RGIII has proven that there is no issue for RGIII with Baylor not having a playbook - the evidence is out there. You have chosen to go with your own opinion vs. the fact that RGIII is taking his transition seriously.

Markshark84 wrote:

which sort of makes me think that some people may be a little over-sensitive of RGIII critism or even simple analysis based on his college game


The ultimate I want to post my opinion but leave me alone post. Why post it if you don't want to discuss?

This is a Redskin message board, expect fans to get excited over players drafted by the Redskins and buy merchandise. When you post your opinion without basing it on the evidence out there on this topic, then expect folks to challenge your opinion. Why not discuss instead of deflect?

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 18, 2012 10:02 pm

:lol: my position as the chief of those who reside on the fence is seriously threatened :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

the 'mudge
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat May 19, 2012 6:59 am

There's no doubt... expectations are high... at the same time, sane fans here are hoping for a Newton like season, but but expecting a more realistic season with rookie mistakes.

This is probably the most talented college quarterback ever to put on B&G. He will have pressure... it comes with it. I think he'll take care of business, and be fine... real fine... I'm standing on only one side of the fence... and think I'll end up on the right one.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football