15 pre-Shanahan Redskins remain

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 15, 2012 7:02 am

as the man said - change is not always good ... progress however implies that things are getting better or heading in the right direction

we have seen quite a few changes .... now we are enjoying the progress

you cannot get to where we all want to be as quickly as we'd like

not long ago, this franchise had no hope of success

the changes have been good and bad but this FO now has a foundation on which to build

the progress will be clearer to the doubters soon

this franchise had many players that did not suit or were not willing to make the effort required by this FO and the coaches
Robert Griffin will become a really good NFL QB he's got the physical attributes and he knows what he has to do to

hopefully Kirk Cousins can take advantage of this opportunity till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 am

yupchagee wrote:Nor should they. Change is not always progress. They will be judged by wins & losses.

And if you're going to judge them solely by the W/L column, then you're going to miss a lot. That column doesn't tell the entire story, it doesn't not even begin to hint at the level of ineptitude that festered within the foundations of this franchise.

I hope that Snyder isn't as forgetful and narrow-minded as some, for some reason I think he more-so than anyone else realizes that Mike and everything that comes with him is needed. There's more good than bad that has come with this regime. I need not list them, you all are aware. Regardless of the W/L this organization as a whole is light-years ahead of where it was when Mike came in.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue May 15, 2012 9:31 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:And if you're going to judge them solely by the W/L column, then you're going to miss a lot. That column doesn't tell the entire story, it doesn't not even begin to hint at the level of ineptitude that festered within the foundations of this franchise.

Wrong. Sports, like sales, are judged by the bottom line. Either you win or you get fired. It's_as_simple_and_pure_as_that.

It's year 3 now, not year 1. Enough with the excuses. Start winning and start winning NOW.

Your team is not a special snowflake - its not the only team that had to overcome poor managment and start to win.

Start winning now

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

DFTT

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:DFTT

+1

ditto :lol:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 am

Strong praise from the coach about those remaining 15:

“Of the 90 players that we have on our football team right now, we have 15 of those players from two years ago,” Shanahan began. “Those 15 players that we have, I guarantee you, you want to go to war with.

I gotta say, Shanny's entire speech kinda fires me up!

“We’ve had draft classes, we’ve had free agency, we had this draft, free agency, and I can promise you, the 90 guys that we have right now, you want to go to war with. Not only do you want to go to war with, but we’ve hit some areas that we needed in the skill positions, both on offense and defense, to give us a chance to be very competitive within the NFC East. That’s what I’ve been looking for, and that’s what we’ve got.

“On offense we added a few wide receivers that give us a chance to do something special that we didn’t have a year ago. Obviously with the addition of our quarterback, a franchise quarterback, that will be here for the next 15 years. And you will see in time — it’s not gonna happen overnight, we’ll have some growing pains — but I promise you, he will do things that you have not seen quarterbacks do.

“And the reason I’m so high on him is I’ve studied him, I’ve watched him, day in, day out. Not only is he a great athlete, a great thrower and a great runner, but he’s a natural leader. He has the things that you look for, and that’s how you build a franchise. So if you can surround a quarterback with people that believe and work extremely hard, you have a chance to do something special.”

I get the sense Shanny rubs a lot of Redskins fans the wrong way. The whole "he's got too much of an ego" thing. It seems to me that what he really has is a plan and a vision for the long term interests of our team. Something we've lacked for a long time.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 15, 2012 10:20 am

riggofan wrote:Strong praise from the coach about those remaining 15
“Of the 90 players that we have on our football team right now, we have 15 of those players from two years ago,” Shanahan began. “Those 15 players that we have, I guarantee you, you want to go to war with.

I gotta say, Shanny's entire speech kinda fires me up!
“We’ve had draft classes, we’ve had free agency, we had this draft, free agency, and I can promise you, the 90 guys that we have right now, you want to go to war with. Not only do you want to go to war with, but we’ve hit some areas that we needed in the skill positions, both on offense and defense, to give us a chance to be very competitive within the NFC East. That’s what I’ve been looking for, and that’s what we’ve got.
“On offense we added a few wide receivers that give us a chance to do something special that we didn’t have a year ago. Obviously with the addition of our quarterback, a franchise quarterback, that will be here for the next 15 years. And you will see in time — it’s not gonna happen overnight, we’ll have some growing pains — but I promise you, he will do things that you have not seen quarterbacks do.

“And the reason I’m so high on him is I’ve studied him, I’ve watched him, day in, day out. Not only is he a great athlete, a great thrower and a great runner, but he’s a natural leader. He has the things that you look for, and that’s how you build a franchise. So if you can surround a quarterback with people that believe and work extremely hard, you have a chance to do something special.”

I get the sense Shanny rubs a lot of Redskins fans the wrong way. The whole "he's got too much of an ego" thing. It seems to me that what he really has is a plan and a vision for the long term interests of our team. Something we've lacked for a long time.

:up:

I would add that it is very obvious that Mike is really looking forward to getting this show on the road

if it's possible - I think he's actually more excited about the possibilities and the opportunities we have ahead of us than most here :lol:
Robert Griffin will become a really good NFL QB he's got the physical attributes and he knows what he has to do to

hopefully Kirk Cousins can take advantage of this opportunity till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:21 am

Instead of DFTT, it should really be DATT (acknowledge). All these DFTT posts are really getting just as annoying, I think we all understand by now... My 2 cents
XVII XXII XXVI

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 15, 2012 10:37 am

OH MY! :shock:

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am

Shanahan is not the only coach in Washington who took over a terrible organization.

So did Gibbs. Remember the Steve Spurrier era? Remember 2003? There's some of you in here that probably don't even know that Steve Spurrier tried to get out of his contract and quit BEFORE the 2003 season started - a month before.

Talk about a disaster.

By Gibbs second season, he won 10 games with a strong December and won a playoff game. In fact he would take the same team to the playoffs again on the strength of a strong December in 2007.

Shanahan's second season? He had a worse record than in his first. You don't like that? That's too bad. Why? Because I'm stating what you guys hate to debate: FACTS.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 15, 2012 10:53 am

riggofan wrote:I get the sense Shanny rubs a lot of Redskins fans the wrong way. The whole "he's got too much of an ego" thing. It seems to me that what he really has is a plan and a vision for the long term interests of our team. Something we've lacked for a long time.

IMO, it's not ego... When you work around real professionals, they have a sense of arrogance about them when it comes to their craft.

Wait, here's a good example. RGIII is said to tiptoe the fine line between confidence and arrogance. He's confident in himself and his ability, that comes off as arrogant to some people. I'm confident in my profession and it irritates me to no end to have someone who isn't knowledgeable try to skool me based off of their feelings.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
riggofan wrote:I get the sense Shanny rubs a lot of Redskins fans the wrong way. The whole "he's got too much of an ego" thing. It seems to me that what he really has is a plan and a vision for the long term interests of our team. Something we've lacked for a long time.

IMO, it's not ego... When you work around real professionals, they have a sense of arrogance about them when it comes to their craft.

Totally agree. If Shanny can start delivering some big wins, then the fans will stop complaining that he's "an egomaniac" and start saying "wow, what a genius". See: Belichick, Bill.

He's got me hyped with his comments about RGIII for sure.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Wait, here's a good example. RGIII is said to tiptoe the fine line between confidence and arrogance. He's confident in himself and his ability, that comes off as arrogant to some people. I'm confident in my profession and it irritates me to no end to have someone who isn't knowledgeable try to skool me based off of their feelings.

The perceptions of Shanahan will change when things get turned around

Like you said Chris - a lot of these HCs have huge egos - prime example is the fat slug, Bill Parcells :roll:

I'm not a fan of the guy but I really like Mike as the HC and what he's doing with Bruce Allen in managing this franchise

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 am

andyjens89 wrote:Instead of DFTT, it should really be DATT (acknowledge).

Acknowledgement is food for trolls.

andyjens89 wrote:I think we all understand by now...

Apparently not.

This is the troll's favorite part of the season, when she can make any statement she wishes, because she knows that real fans have to wait four more months before their team can show the world the progress that's been made.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue May 15, 2012 8:15 pm

then why did he trade four draft picks (including a high second round pick) for a pair of 30+ year old offensive players? how is that long term? not to mention they both sucked to this point.

apologies in advance for stating facts that contradict your beliefs.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football