The many sides of Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun May 13, 2012 1:45 am

As the Redskins kicked off their 80th anniversary celebrations with the unveiling of the practice bubble, Mike Shanahan said he has 'never been more excited for a season to get started.' As he explained why he felt this way, one would even describe the head coach as jovial. Yes, Mike Shanahan.

Those in a attendance saw a few different sides of Mike Shanahan.

First, there was 'The Architect.' Since his arrival in Washington, Shanahan has methodically constructed his team, noting that only 15 of the 90 players from 2 years ago remain in Washington.

"When you work for for a couple of years and what you are trying to do is get a foundation built and you see the foundation coming together…you feel pretty good. It's like building a house, if you build a home and you don't have a foundation…you know it may last for a week, it may last for 6 months, a year, 5 years but eventually that house is going to fall apart. I really believe we have a foundation with our football team, right now, that gives us a chance to have success for a long time."

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 103#579103]Only 15 of the 90 current players are from before ShannAllen :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Fri May 18, 2012 10:08 am

Foundation - strange that it didn't start with the Off/Def lines... That said, I am happy with what he has done. I think he has been opportunistic to get the right people when available for the right positions at a good price/value.

The only really bad move was getting McNabb. Never liked it.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 18, 2012 10:25 am

McNabb was a mistake but Mike had to find a QB - he had zero faith in Campbell
it hurt to give up the draft picks but having Campbell as QB was not an option

mistakes happen and these guys have made them

all that matters is where we are now and what do we need to do to continue improving this franchise

these guys have a plan and now they have the most important piece - RGIII will not only help the offense for many years
RGIII will be a key to many other players wanting to come here
- and wanting to be a part of the franchise for all the right reasons, not just the money
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby the poster » Fri May 18, 2012 1:28 pm

SkinsJock wrote:McNabb was a mistake but Mike had to find a QB - he had zero faith in Campbell
it hurt to give up the draft picks but having Campbell as QB was not an option

Wrong. It was an option. He was still under contract. What actually happened is the coach decided there was a choice to make: Stick with Campbell for one season and evaluate him by watching him perform in his offense during a season he clearly recognized was about rebuilding or decide right then and there that a complete rebuilding project would benefit by tossing two draft picks including a high second round pick out for a 30+ year old QB.

The option your coach chose was wrong. Start calling Redskin mistakes what they are. Stop sugar coating them with made up caveats.

mistakes happen and these guys have made them

They have given away to my count FOUR draft picks in the first two seasons alone to 30+ year old players and topped that off by using FOUR more draft picks to take one QB this year.

That's 8 picks for 3 guys, 2 of which do nothing for them and a third, well, they're praying his beat-boxing skills translates to stardom.

Simply put, the mistakes they've made in 3 short offseasons would be boderline unforgiveable at this point --IF-- these guys were employed by an organization used to success. The bar is low in Washington. The impact of these mistakes are not fully understood by an organization and its fans who have admittedly seen even worse for the past decade plus.

all that matters is where we are now and what do we need to do to continue improving this franchise

where you are now: 5-11 and last place.
to improve: obviously youre not basing that on W-L but intangible things that you hope will grow into something nice because to suggest "continued" improvement would be ignoring the obvious FACT that their record was 6-10 in year 1 and 5-11 in year two.

these guys have a plan and now they have the most important piece - RGIII will not only help the offense for many years

Ahh, the old "they got a plan" speech. That plan is as good as RG3 is healthy and he is as advertised (because there are concerns about both).

I know you, as a Redskin fan in May (your favorite season), hate this but I have to say....."it is to be determined if you have the most important piece or not"

RGIII will be a key to many other players wanting to come here
- and wanting to be a part of the franchise for all the right reasons, not just the money

ok, now you just sound like a damn recruitment officer for the US Army. Where's your Uncle Sam hat? Players play for money. Ok. Get that through your head.

Washington never has needed an RG3 or anyone else to go sign any free agents it ever wanted and when/if Washington stops violating league agreements on contract language and it has more cap space, they wont any problems signing whoever they want. 99% of players play for cash. 1% like Manning (who not coincidentally turned DOWN Washington) , forcing the Skins to GO TO PLAN B - RG3!! - are more interested in their experience on the field because theyre probably near the end of their career.[/quote]

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Somebody please make him go away.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:13 pm

GoSkins wrote:Somebody please make him go away.

Who? SkinsJock? C'mon, he's not that bad.

/sarcasm
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri May 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Who???

THERE'S NOBODY THERE!!!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Fri May 18, 2012 2:29 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:

Who???

THERE'S NOBODY THERE!!!

Claude Rains.

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:36 pm

I hear voices in my head

They council me

They understand

They talk to me, they talk to me

They tell me things that I will do

They show me things I'll do to you

They talk to me, they talk to me

All the lawyers are defenseless

All the doctors are diseased

And the preachers all are sinners

And police just take the grease

All you judges you are guilty

All the bosses I will fire

All you bankers will have losses

And politicians are all liars

I see darkness falling

I hear voices calling

I feel justice crawling

I see faith has fallen

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 pm

I already asked one time if they could ban ...him and a thread got started in smack about banning someone the pisses off the staff....but what about just banning him for being just stupid and football retarded...oh well guess I can dream anyway. 8)
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 18, 2012 9:58 pm

dftft
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football