Hightower re-signs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Hightower re-signs

Postby the poster » Sun May 13, 2012 9:05 pm


tribe
Posts: 6175
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 pm

^^^ hey it's the poster.

What are you thoughts on the re-signing, mr poster?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Postby the poster » Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 pm

ehh it's all right. I was actually wondering if they'd give Clinton Portis a tryout, seeing that they really need a veteran in camp.

right now I'm reading this ranking 1-32 of all NFL teams' offensive lines when I noticed that Hightower was re-signed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/4 ... kings?pg=2

Hog
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA

Postby aswas71788 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Not a surprise, he could not find anything anywhere else. I don't think he really adds anything to the team.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14640
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun May 13, 2012 10:45 pm

dftt...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 pm

This new tactic is amusing. By posting relevant news, the bees have been lured to the hive. Lolol.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon May 14, 2012 2:56 am

aswas71788 wrote:Not a surprise, he could not find anything anywhere else. I don't think he really adds anything to the team.



Adds nothing to the team!?!?!? Are you mad..?!?!?

Apart from experience at a position where we have none, leadership skills and a brilliant team and work ethic, some fantastic pass protection ability, great hands out of the backfield, and most importantly excellent cut-running ability, or is that not enough for you....?

He fits the Shanahan scheme perfectly.

I'm DELIGHTED he's back, he's such a positive influence off the field which is a bonus with a team that's as young as ours is, but I'm happy to wager if he stays fit he'll lead the team in rushing next season.

This has made my day!

That and Man United losing the title...

:celebrate: \:D/ \:D/ :celebrate:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon May 14, 2012 4:24 am

I agree 100% SLR. There are some very strange fans around. Hightower is a great re-signing. I personally expect Helu to lead the team in rushing, but it could be close. We might not even have a 1000 back this year, but still have one of the better running attacks around.

And as for Man U losing the title - well, I'm not a hater of that team, nor a lover of City and their billion pound project, but I watched the City game yesterday, and couldn't help willing them to win it.

Still, that's off topic - hooray for Hightower!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA

Postby aswas71788 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:Not a surprise, he could not find anything anywhere else. I don't think he really adds anything to the team.



Adds nothing to the team!?!?!? Are you mad..?!?!?

Apart from experience at a position where we have none, leadership skills and a brilliant team and work ethic, some fantastic pass protection ability, great hands out of the backfield, and most importantly excellent cut-running ability, or is that not enough for you....?

He fits the Shanahan scheme perfectly.

I'm DELIGHTED he's back, he's such a positive influence off the field which is a bonus with a team that's as young as ours is, but I'm happy to wager if he stays fit he'll lead the team in rushing next season.

This has made my day!

That and Man United losing the title...

:celebrate: \:D/ \:D/ :celebrate:


Let's see....hummmm....he rushed for a staggering 64 yards per game (321 yards total in 5 games). I repeat, he adds nothing.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4759
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:I'm DELIGHTED he's back, he's such a positive influence off the field which is a bonus with a team that's as young as ours is, but I'm happy to wager if he stays fit he'll lead the team in rushing next season.


I don't disagree with you, SLR. And I am stoked that you have used the word "delighted" on here. :)

I'm still concerned about the ACL injury though. How many RBs are effective the year after that injury? Maybe the number is better than I am guessing. Maybe not. This is fantasy football related, but has some good, relevant numbers here:
http://www.footballdocs.com/RB_injury_rule.html

Check out the YDS the year before the ACL injury and the YDS the year after. GRIM.

All that said, Hightower wasn't really a big yardage back last year anyway, and I know they like him as much for his blocking and pass catching. So I have no issue with bringing him back.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4759
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:That and Man United losing the title...

:celebrate: \:D/ \:D/ :celebrate:


Ugh. And how can you pull for City over United???

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon May 14, 2012 11:00 am

Welcome back, 39!!!

Show the fools and give me some ammo this season to ridicule them in smack, please. :twisted:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 am

aswas71788 wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:Not a surprise, he could not find anything anywhere else. I don't think he really adds anything to the team.



Adds nothing to the team!?!?!? Are you mad..?!?!?

Apart from experience at a position where we have none, leadership skills and a brilliant team and work ethic, some fantastic pass protection ability, great hands out of the backfield, and most importantly excellent cut-running ability, or is that not enough for you....?

He fits the Shanahan scheme perfectly.

I'm DELIGHTED he's back, he's such a positive influence off the field which is a bonus with a team that's as young as ours is, but I'm happy to wager if he stays fit he'll lead the team in rushing next season.

This has made my day!

That and Man United losing the title...

:celebrate: \:D/ \:D/ :celebrate:


Let's see....hummmm....he rushed for a staggering 64 yards per game (321 yards total in 5 games). I repeat, he adds nothing.


nothing....?

So let's say he only avgs 64 yards a game. What about his blocking (questionable OL)...? What about his ability to catch from the backfield, a useful thing with a rookie QB maybe...?? What about his off field support to the young Helu and Royster...??

Nothing.

Sums up what you know....
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4653
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 14, 2012 11:25 am

High class local guy veterans are something we can't have enough of. Plus he looked good in preseason when we were running the ball more. His ypg may be low due to rex trying to air it out since his first two ints put us down by 20
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Posts: 13401
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 am

I'm sure RGIII is glad to have this RB back there :wink:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football