Chelsea v Bayern Munich, Champions League Final. Help!!!

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Chelsea v Bayern Munich, Champions League Final. Help!!!

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed May 16, 2012 2:48 pm

So, my team is in the final of the European Champions League on Saturday night, and I'm proper worried!

It's the biggest trophy in club football in the world, we've never won it before, got close a few times but never quite got there...we've had penalty misses, bad referees, phantom 'goals', last minute heart-breakers, the lot.

This year luck seems to have turned our way a bit, could this be our year..?

We came back from the dead against Napoli in the quarter finals, we somehow got past the mighty Barcelona in the semi-finals, and now German giants Bayern Munich stand in our way of our greatest day. Oh, and the game just so happens to be being played in Munich....

I never dreamed as a kid I'd actually see my team as champions of all of Europe, now that day could be coming. Maybe.

Spare me a thought on Saturday, I'll be biting my nails and praying to any God that'll listen. Your collective support may make the difference my Redskin brothers!

C'MON CHELSEA!!!!!

Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu May 17, 2012 7:00 am

I'm no fan of Chelsea, but they're an English club playing a German club in a European competition, so they can count on my support on Saturday ;-)

Have you got sufficient supplies of beta blockers for the game my friend?! Your ticker may need some assistance to get through it, lol.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 18, 2012 9:18 am

I'm nowhere close to being as into this as you guys but ...

In 1971, when I was in the UK for the Admiral's Cup sailing races - I went to a Chelsea game - I have been a supporter ever since

all the best - GO CHELSEA
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm no fan of Chelsea, but they're an English club playing a German club in a European competition, so they can count on my support on Saturday ;-)

I could make a joke here about the Germans being the only people the French like less than the English, but... Oh wait, I guess I did. :twisted:

Go Chelsea.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri May 18, 2012 2:38 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm no fan of Chelsea, but they're an English club playing a German club in a European competition, so they can count on my support on Saturday ;-)

Have you got sufficient supplies of beta blockers for the game my friend?! Your ticker may need some assistance to get through it, lol.

You're not wrong! I'm getting worse every hour. I've hardly eaten today, don't know what I'm going to be like tomorrow...

We've got a corner of the pub reserved, getting there for the Playoff final between West Ham and Blackpool at 3pm, then its Leinster v Ulster in the Heineken Cup final (rugby) before the BIG one at 7.45.

What a day of sport!

I might do an underdog treble: Blackpool, Ulster and Chelsea - should be about 7/1 I reckon.

Oh God, I'm nervous...

](*,)

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat May 19, 2012 4:00 am

Oh god, I dearly want Blackpool to beat West Ham today, lol. The thought of the team that's "too big for The Championship" having to stay there for at least another year is lovely. I'd hate Brighton to have to play them twice again next year, but they're such a bunch of big time charlies, it would be worth that small inconvenience :-)

Bayern are certainly favourites tonight, but it would be no shock if your chaps did it!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat May 19, 2012 9:48 pm

CHELSEA - what a great game

had to record it and came home to watch - what a game

am absolutely thrilled to see CHELSEA as champions

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun May 20, 2012 4:09 am

Important message to South London Redskin!!!!

Are you ok?! Lol. Please let us know when you regain consciousness. And can I suggest that you don't do any driving today ;-)

Congratulations to Chelsea.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 am

Still no response? Oh dear, probably hasn't been discharged from hospital yet :-)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun May 20, 2012 2:11 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Still no response? Oh dear, probably hasn't been discharged from hospital yet :-)

Well, at least his stay was free, right Kazoo? :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun May 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Oooooooooh! My fecking head is killing me!!!!

#-o

Did we really win or was it all just a dream....????

:hmm:

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon May 21, 2012 5:53 am

Yep, commiserations SLR. Bayern won 14-13 on penalties. Although Chelsea thought they'd won it after the first 10 penalties were taken, UEFA invoked the special "Clause 347a, Paragraph biii", which states that "Michel Platini reserves the right to award the trophy to anybody he likes, particularly if some lousy English club wins it, and if he feels like their football wasn't "beautiful enough"".

As a result, at 2am BST on Sunday, the players from Bayern returned to the stadium to continue the penalty shootout. Sadly, the Chelsea team had been in the Hofbrauhaus for several hours by this stage, and the Blues were therefore represented by a local boys team from Munich.

They put up a good fight, but it wasn't to be. Never mind - there's always next year ;-)

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 am

I know that is bollocks, but with Platini you can only be 99% sure its bollocks as he'd love to do that if he could!

Wow, what a night! I'm still buzzing....

I never thought I'd see the day. Champions of Europe. Wow...

Took the kids to Chelsea on Sunday to watch the parade. Still numb...

:celebrate:

Suck on that Spurs!!!!!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon May 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Not really fair on Spurs though, is it?!

Best part of the trophy ceremony was that John Adolph Terry was shunted to the back of the photo, out of sight :-) Worst part of the ceremony was Bosingwa! What the holy pants was he doing at the front and centre?!!!! Lol.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 21, 2012 4:01 pm

thought you chaps might get a kick out of this pic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/s ... tions.html

the German chancellor is not at all happy :lol:

Return to The Lounge