NOT interested in .....Hark Knocks

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

NOT interested in .....Hark Knocks

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed May 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Shanny has no desire to participate in Hard Knocks. It suits me just fine, as it may become a big distraction.

Count the Washington Redskins among the teams that will not be featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks" this year.

Coach Mike Shanahan was asked on PFT Live if he'd consider having his team featured on the show, which takes a documentary-style look at an organization during training camp.

Shanahan said that he declined an opportunity to be a part of the program when he was head coach of the Denver Broncos, and in explaining why, described a reluctance to be in front of the camera.

"I just didn't feel comfortable with being in that situation," Shanahan said. "You know, I can't be myself. I don't think coaches can be their self and I'd like players to concentrate on their job. I don't know if it's old-school or what. You know, for me, I just didn't feel comfortable with that atmosphere."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:25 pm

yea, i like the show, i hope somebody does it, but glad its not us.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu May 17, 2012 8:15 am

Seems like something Pete Carrol and the neons would be interested in.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu May 17, 2012 11:08 am

lmao@atx.. the neons though? that is great!!

im wit u b, i like the show but i hope its NEVER us.. we've had our REAL HARD KNOCKS for the last decade.

lol
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu May 17, 2012 11:20 am

ATX_Skins wrote:Seems like something Pete Carrol and the neons would be interested in.

:lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 17, 2012 11:45 am

Admit it, you would LOVE to get to see the Skins on Hard Knocks. I know I would! Amazing show. For all that, I'm glad Shanny says no. Not a distraction the team needs.

I wonder what Danny thinks though. That's gotta be killing him to pass up on a marketing opportunity like that. Especially with a super star like RGIII in camp this year.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Thu May 17, 2012 12:20 pm

riggofan wrote:Admit it, you would LOVE to get to see the Skins on Hard Knocks. I know I would! Amazing show. For all that, I'm glad Shanny says no. Not a distraction the team needs.

I wonder what Danny thinks though. That's gotta be killing him to pass up on a marketing opportunity like that. Especially with a super star like RGIII in camp this year.

I know I'd love to see it. Sure, there is a potential for it being a distraction, but it would be such a unique opportunity to get an inside look at the organization that you'd otherwise never get to see, it would be great for Redskin fans.

And, this team might actually gain from the experience such national exposure might offer.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu May 17, 2012 2:01 pm

RayNAustin wrote: And, this team might actually gain from the experience such national exposure might offer.

I'm sure the media would just find things to beat us over the head with.

And you can be sure Goodell would be watching, trying to find things he can fine us for to get back the cap space we're about to regain!!!

:roll:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 22, 2012 12:48 am

+ the shanny plan means being shush shush about team affairs... He'd never agree to it and I don't want the pukes getting an inside look at our progress.

Right?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue May 22, 2012 10:09 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:+ the shanny plan means being shush shush about team affairs... He'd never agree to it and I don't want the pukes getting an inside look at our progress.

Right?

+1
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football