Morris and the secondary.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge
Posts: 14362
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:34 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm looking forward to Halls progression into a similiar role that Woodson was in. Hall is best when he can read the QB and make a jump on the ball, Morris is putting him a position that will maximize his strengths.


That's what coaches are supposed to do and has been lacking around here for some time.
Agreed.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 13102
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:57 am

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm looking forward to Halls progression into a similiar role that Woodson was in. Hall is best when he can read the QB and make a jump on the ball,
Morris is putting him a position that will maximize his strengths.


That's what coaches are supposed to do and has been lacking around here for some time.
Agreed.


good point Chris

it's a little off topic but hopefully Kyle can do the same with the plays and players he has ...... :roll:
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:48 am

SkinsJock wrote:good point Chris

it's a little off topic but hopefully Kyle can do the same with the plays and players he has ...... :roll:


I'd argue that the defense is and has been more thoroughly loaded with play makers than the offense has. At least up until this year. Actually, that's factual.

I'd also say that, our offensive players have been used within their areas of strength but that offense relies heavily on cohesive execution.

ex.
Anthony Armstrong
Strength - straight line speed
Medium - hands
Weakness - beating the jam, routes

In year 1 with McRibb, AAA has a banner year. He's being used to take the top off the defense and we have a QB who has the arm to get it out there.

In year 2, we have two noodle arm QB's who effectively negate AAA's impact on the team.

In year 3, we have "The Arm", don't be shocked to see AAA make a resurgence. His lack luster year had everything to do with who was throwing him the ball as it did with his own deficiencies.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:01 pm
Location: Wash, DC

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 pm

The "Poster"...You might want to slow your roll and ease up a bit! Do you want to test my Redskin knowledge or would you like to test me??? It's your call.

I know a whole lot more than you think. Especially, when Carlos, who is a friend, echoed the same words that I stated previously, which made him not want to return back to the Skins, particularly DC. Fans did not embrace him...mostly due to his ball dropping woes. Unlike Hall..who can catch and catches very well.

Now...let's see what you know


HTTR

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:01 pm
Location: Wash, DC

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:09 pm

the poster wrote:
ICEMAN wrote:I recall him winning three or four games for the B & G in 2010!


he did not win 4 games by himself in TWO years in washington. but he IS a frequent contributor to their 20 plus losses.

d. hall is one of the worst corners in all of football.

We ran Carlos Rogers out of town...


oh, now I see. you're one of those fans who just doesnt know anything. rogers wasn't run outta town, he ran outta town. he didn't want to play in dc anymore, he called it what it was.

and as soon as he left, he was playing in a conference championship and going to the pro bowl. he's glad to be gone.


Did you not watch the First Cowboy Monday Nighter when he caused the game winning fumble and score and how about the Four pick interception game in Chicago by D. Hall in 2010? Are you even a SKINS fan?

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11008
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:40 pm

ICEMAN wrote:Did you not watch the First Cowboy Monday Nighter when he caused the game winning fumble and score and how about the Four pick interception game in Chicago by D. Hall in 2010? Are you even a SKINS fan?


Where have you been? The poster is a Brown's fan who came here to troll right around the time Holmgren was supposed to steal RGIII from the Skins. Then when that trade fell through, he figured he'd just stick around and try to get a rise out of people for a while.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#14
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:47 pm

ICEMAN wrote:
the poster wrote:
ICEMAN wrote:I recall him winning three or four games for the B & G in 2010!


he did not win 4 games by himself in TWO years in washington. but he IS a frequent contributor to their 20 plus losses.

d. hall is one of the worst corners in all of football.

We ran Carlos Rogers out of town...


oh, now I see. you're one of those fans who just doesnt know anything. rogers wasn't run outta town, he ran outta town. he didn't want to play in dc anymore, he called it what it was.

and as soon as he left, he was playing in a conference championship and going to the pro bowl. he's glad to be gone.


Did you not watch the First Cowboy Monday Nighter when he caused the game winning fumble and score and how about the Four pick interception game in Chicago by D. Hall in 2010? Are you even a SKINS fan?


Why ask a question when everyone already knows the answer?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:01 pm
Location: Wash, DC

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
ICEMAN wrote:Did you not watch the First Cowboy Monday Nighter when he caused the game winning fumble and score and how about the Four pick interception game in Chicago by D. Hall in 2010? Are you even a SKINS fan?


Where have you been? The poster is a Brown's fan who came here to troll right around the time Holmgren was supposed to steal RGIII from the Skins. Then when that trade fell through, he figured he'd just stick around and try to get a rise out of people for a while.


I should've known...I should've known!

HTTR

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:01 pm
Location: Wash, DC

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 pm

LOL!

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:01 pm
Location: Wash, DC

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
ICEMAN wrote:Did you not watch the First Cowboy Monday Nighter when he caused the game winning fumble and score and how about the Four pick interception game in Chicago by D. Hall in 2010? Are you even a SKINS fan?


Where have you been? The poster is a Brown's fan who came here to troll right around the time Holmgren was supposed to steal RGIII from the Skins. Then when that trade fell through, he figured he'd just stick around and try to get a rise out of people for a while.


I should've known...I should've known!

HTTR

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:02 am

Countertrey wrote:
ICEMAN wrote: I know we are still upset about the 4th and 25 last year...but truthfully, it was a bad call by our D Coordinator, which exposed our lone D. Hall. It's all good!!

HTTR!!!


This is, simply, wrong. The play you note is merely the most glaring of the MULTIPLE examples where Hall got burned by an elite receiver who understood that Hall INVARIABLY bites on a good outside headfake, especially when Hall is maintaining inside position... because, that means he is looking for a route to jump.

There are times to take such a risk...

4th and 25, with the game in hand, and no help deep is NOT such a time. Hall is, indeed, high risk, high reward... on the other hand, Haslett's D requires a cornerback to actually think, from time to time. I love Hall's skillset... but his brain needs much work.


Look you can kill Hall for any number of plays where he got beat (there are plenty of them), but I wish purple would stop bringing up the one play that was absolutely not his fault. As long as Romo got time to get the ball off that was going to be a complete pass. Hall had no way of stopping the play. If he had had perfect coverage (which he didn't) the result of the play would have been the same.

4&25 is on Haslett; Hall deserves none of the blame blame! Pick on any number of the plays where Hall actually got not the one he was on a no win situation.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:02 am

Countertrey wrote:
ICEMAN wrote: I know we are still upset about the 4th and 25 last year...but truthfully, it was a bad call by our D Coordinator, which exposed our lone D. Hall. It's all good!!

HTTR!!!


This is, simply, wrong. The play you note is merely the most glaring of the MULTIPLE examples where Hall got burned by an elite receiver who understood that Hall INVARIABLY bites on a good outside headfake, especially when Hall is maintaining inside position... because, that means he is looking for a route to jump.

There are times to take such a risk...

4th and 25, with the game in hand, and no help deep is NOT such a time. Hall is, indeed, high risk, high reward... on the other hand, Haslett's D requires a cornerback to actually think, from time to time. I love Hall's skillset... but his brain needs much work.


Look you can kill Hall for any number of plays where he got beat (there are plenty of them), but I wish purple would stop bringing up the one play that was absolutely not his fault. As long as Romo got time to get the ball off that was going to be a complete pass. Hall had no way of stopping the play. If he had had perfect coverage (which he didn't) the result of the play would have been the same.

4&25 is on Haslett; Hall deserves none of the blame blame! Pick on any number of the plays where Hall actually got not the one he was on a no win situation.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge
Posts: 14362
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:46 am

Hall absolutely deserves to be blown up, for failing to display very fundamental, sound cornerback play in that situation.

Haslett absolutely should have come out with a more conservative play... but, if Hall actually played as if he had a clue on that play, the game is over. Period.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 13102
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:07 am

Countertrey wrote:Hall absolutely deserves to be blown up, for failing to display very fundamental, sound cornerback play in that situation.

Haslett absolutely should have come out with a more conservative play... but, if Hall actually played as if he had a clue on that play, the game is over. Period.


that's it in a nutshell

it's not a play or a player or a coach or a play call

it's a team game - sometimes the combination of a play call and a decision by a player combine for a good or bad outcome

it happens

we win the game against the pukes (Brunell/Moss) - we should have lost this game

we lose the game to the pukes (Haslett/Hall) - we should have won this game

Hall can help this defense this season ... IF he uses his head :wink:
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:40 am

People always wonder why our drafted talent goes elsewhere and plays well.

People always wonder why in the past free agent talent came here and sucked.


I'll say, coaches aren't always right. Coaches aren't perfect and can be very stubborn. This team had layers upon layers of issues. Ownership, FO, Coaching, Training staff, facilities, scheme, players, depth.... Let's get real here.

Hall and many other players haven't and aren't always being used how they should be and it could be for many reasons. It could be because the surrounding cast doesn't allow the coach to use the player properly, or maybe the coach doesn't know how to use the player. Time will tell.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football