Redskins training camp in Richmond starting 2013

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ATX

Redskins training camp in Richmond starting 2013

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 am

Just heard this on 106.7, no link.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 am

The Washington Redskins will be have a new home from training camp starting in 2013. As first reported by SB Nation's Hogs Haven and confirmed on Wednesday by local ESPN 950 radio, the team will decamp for Richmond, Va. starting next season.

The team is expected to make an official announcement later on Wednesday.

Link
XVII XXII XXVI

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:14 am

Awesome news. Even though it's further away, at least I know that I'll be able to see the darn action. I hate their current set up.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:19 am

I don't see the point in holding practices further away from season ticket holders.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 am

ATX_Skins wrote:I don't see the point in holding practices further away from season ticket holders.

To get away from fans... LOL To get away from the circus. To foster a team atmosphere. Are you really foreign to this practice? And are you a season ticket holder? And you know they used to hold camp in PA?

And I'd much rather drive further, and be at a better faciliity.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:I don't see the point in holding practices further away from season ticket holders.

To get away from fans... LOL To get away from the circus. To foster a team atmosphere. Are you really foreign to this practice? And are you a season ticket holder? And you know they used to hold camp in PA?

And I'd much rather drive further, and be at a better faciliity.

So, they used to be in PA, then Reston, Ashburn, now Richmond... where next? Morgantown?

This is a marketing move.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:36 am

Apparently there are plans of a $30 million expansion to Redskins Park as well
XVII XXII XXVI

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 am

ATX_Skins wrote:So, they used to be in PA, then Reston, Ashburn, now Richmond... where next? Morgantown?

This is a marketing move.

No, it's not. It's a Shanahan move. It's something that he has stated that he desired since comiong on board. It's something that I believe he used to do in Denver.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:58 am

andyjens89 wrote:Apparently there are plans of a $30 million expansion to Redskins Park as well

This is the best reason I have heard so far.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 am

andyjens89 wrote:Apparently there are plans of a $30 million expansion to Redskins Park as well

I hope part of that money is going to installing bleachers for the fans.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Mark Mosely, Brian and Doc Walker are loving the move. Mark revealed that Bruce has been polling him and other former players about the benefit.

Coupled with Mikes comments about wanting to get the team away and grow chemistry, it makes perfect sense.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:44 pm

I know he's not earned it at this point, but approximately when do we think Redskins' fans will stop immediately jumping to the "every move Dan Snyder makes is only about the marketing/making money/other slimeball angle"?

Postseason? Superbowl? 1 title? 5 Titles? 20 years from now?

I know. I know. He's messed our beloved team up, but if/when we all agree that they are improving at one point is it despite Snyder? At what point do we gotta give him the same credit for hiring the current management as we do blame for not doing so sooner?

By the way, that's not a shot at ATX, he just happened to remind that I've seen that more than a few times in the last few days around here.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 pm

emoses14 wrote:I know he's not earned it at this point, but approximately when do we think Redskins' fans will stop immediately jumping to the "every move Dan Snyder makes is only about the marketing/making money/other slimeball angle"?

Postseason? Superbowl? 1 title? 5 Titles? 20 years from now?

I know. I know. He's messed our beloved team up, but if/when we all agree that they are improving at one point is it despite Snyder? At what point do we gotta give him the same credit for hiring the current management as we do blame for not doing so sooner?

By the way, that's not a shot at ATX, he just happened to remind that I've seen that more than a few times in the last few days around here.

:up:

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:35 pm

I like it! I live a Southern, Md. so the drive will be the same distance, but it will be a much easier drive. Anything is beyer than having to drive all the way out to Ashburn.

The facility at this site will probably be even more bare bones than the current set up. It isn't like they are putting that $30M into the training camp site.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Forgive my ignorance from a few thousand miles away, but can someone explain to me why this is big news and/or good news...?

Thanks!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football