Coughlin gets extended - are he or the giants going anywhere

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:20 am

That was my point. I'm not saying they shouldn't have won the SB game, or that either game hinged on a single play, more that they were lucky to even be in the game in the first place. Although that first one did have the one play where Eli should have been sacked, and then Tyree (sp?) caught the ball against his helmet.
But the Patsies played really poorly both times, and the playoffs fell perfectly for the G-strings both times, giving them the best matchups.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 am

I did not mean to imply that the giants were lucky to win based on a lucky play in each game

I do feel that the Patriots were better teams during both seasons - they got outplayed in both games

I do not think the giants were the best team in the NFL for those 2 seasons

there are many Super Bowl winners that just happened to be better or play better on that day - that's fine with me

I also feel that there are many coaches that would have done a better job with the same group of players that Coughlin had

basically this thread is based on my feeling that Coughlin would not handle this franchise as well as Mike will - that's all

like I said - the Redskins wins and losses have not been good but that is about to change and by the end of 2013 there will be no doubt who is the better coach in the NFC East

I'll even predict that Coughlin will not win another Super Bowl - Mike has a better chance of that happening :D

I just don't like that beady eyed little sucker - never have - I'm really glad he's the giants coach - he's a rodent :lol:

conversely - I don't like the eagles but I do respect Reid as a HC
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:05 am

I was speaking of them coaching the NFC East, nothing from their past teams.

Right now, MS isn't hacking it compared to the other two.

Yes yes, of course he hasn't been here long enough to get his players and this may be the first year we see his full plan.. that's not my point.

My point is from the time they touched down in the NFC East.... 1- coughlin, 2- reed, 3- shanahan
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 am

Right now, coughlin, reid, shanny, and whoever is coaching here in Texas.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 am

ATX_Skins wrote:Right now, coughlin, reid, shanny, and whoever is coaching here in Texas.

:!:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:25 pm

that's what I said - the past record is the past - nothing changes it

and .... who cares, it's done - 3 cheers for the idiot rodent in NY :roll:

Coughlin just got a 2 year extension that I will agree he deserves .... but

I like the fact that a guy I do not think is a good coach is going to be there for a couple of years

he will get to experience ( & help through his not being a good HC :wink: ) the rise of the B&G :lol:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
I just don't like that beady eyed little sucker - never have - I'm really glad he's the giants coach - he's a rodent :lol:

It is funny I didn't want Shanny at first either because he lood like a rat with a fake tan. I'm over that now (still think he looks like a 1st with a fake tan, but respect him as a coach and GM), but one thing big blue's vermin looking coach has is a proven franchise QB. We have a guy that should become a franchise QB, key word is should.

The blue rat also has an owner that can arbitrarily punish two of his division rivals w/o any legitimate reason, even if they didn't do anything wrong! That is a serious advantage.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:37 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

It is funny I didn't want Shanny at first either because he lood like a rat with a fake tan. I'm over that now (still think he looks like a 1st with a fake tan, but respect him as a coach and GM), but one thing big blue's vermin looking coach has is a proven franchise QB. We have a guy that should become a franchise QB, key word is should.

The blue rat also has an owner that can arbitrarily punish two of his division rivals w/o any legitimate reason, even if they didn't do anything wrong! That is a serious advantage.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:39 pm

^^ I'll admit to being biased about anything to do with the trash in blue

it took forever for me to even grudgingly admit that Eli could play - I still have trouble agreeing that he's a good QB - he is :roll:

I cannot wait to have the best QB in the NFC East and that should be the case by December 2013

and

while I still don't like OR trust the man - Mike Shanahan should be clearly the best HC in the NFC East

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:45 pm

*good qb. Yes. Great amazing elite? Non of the above. His receivers have carried him most if not all of their winning seasons. That same pass that salsa Cruz cought is dropped or ob by a large majority of receivers. I personally thought it was bobbling around and not a catch.

Oh and... Id take shanny and co over any other coaching staff in the east. I hope he proves why sooner then later but for what he was handed to what we now have speaks enough for the guy
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:09 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:*good qb. Yes. Great amazing elite? Non of the above. His receivers have carried him most if not all of their winning seasons. That same pass that salsa Cruz cought is dropped or ob by a large majority of receivers. I personally thought it was bobbling around and not a catch.

Oh and... Id take shanny and co over any other coaching staff in the east. I hope he proves why sooner then later but for what he was handed to what we now have speaks enough for the guy

I whole-heartedly agree with the above sentiment

Or

What he said ^^

:)
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:*good qb. Yes. Great amazing elite? Non of the above. His receivers have carried him most if not all of their winning seasons.

This is just a big jug of haterade! Eli is defiantly in the great category. Maybe even elite. How many QBs do you put in the great category. Is Eli to five for you. Is he top ten? I'm talking current players not all time. You could make a case he is better than his brother.

He has good WR, but not great. It isn't like he has Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne in their prime. Or Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

Personally, I think he is a top five QB. In no particular order you have Brady, Rodgers, Eli, Breeze, and I guess Peyton still. Yes I have Eli ahead of big Ben, Rivers, and Cutler.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:04 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:*good qb. Yes. Great amazing elite? Non of the above. His receivers have carried him most if not all of their winning seasons.

This is just a big jug of haterade! Eli is defiantly in the great category. Maybe even elite. How many QBs do you put in the great category. Is Eli to five for you. Is he top ten? I'm talking current players not all time. You could make a case he is better than his brother.

He has good WR, but not great. It isn't like he has Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne in their prime. Or Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

Personally, I think he is a top five QB. In no particular order you have Brady, Rodgers, Eli, Breeze, and I guess Peyton still. Yes I have Eli ahead of big Ben, Rivers, and Cutler.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:10 pm

No way. Eli isn't in the same category as Peyton. I'm not sure I've ever even seen him audible, much less call the entire game. The G-strings are kept in games on the strength of their defense, not because of Eli.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Bom.

Roastsed.

I will only concede he had good 4th quarter numbers last year.
Chomo was "top five" statistically last year, does that mean he is? I think u see.my point.
One sack or int Eli puts on his cry baby little brother face and is all pouty where big bro pulls his pants up and gets a td the next.possession.
Good yes. Great no. Elite ferget it.
I'd take a lot of qbs before Eli at least ten.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Around the League