Coughlin gets extended - are he or the giants going anywhere

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:... Eli is defiantly in the great category. Maybe even elite. How many QBs do you put in the great category. Is Eli top five for you. Is he top ten? I'm talking current players not all time. You could make a case he is better than his brother.

Personally, I think he is a top five QB. In no particular order you have Brady, Rodgers, Eli, Breeze, and I guess Peyton still. Yes I have Eli ahead of big Ben, Rivers, and Cutler.



Eli is a good QB - Peyton is a great QB

that's not hating - that's a fact

there is no Breeze playing QB :roll:


Eli is a good QB but he's not a great QB - I doubt he ever makes it to great - Peyton's a HOF QB

wait and see - I'll be happy to say I was wrong but I'll be even happier to know that Eli's not going in the HOF
Hail to the Redskins

CKRGiii
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 am

I'm with ya again sj... Prepared to eat crow, but pretty sure ill be cheersing rgiii with a tuducken!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:04 am

SkinsJock wrote:

Eli is a good QB - Peyton is a great QB

that's not hating - that's a fact


Actually, that is an opinion.

SkinsJock wrote:
there is no Breeze playing QB :roll:

Whatever, you know who I was referring to!

SkinsJock wrote:


Eli's not going in the HOF


I wouldn't put too much money on that. If Aikman can make it on Eli certainly has a very good chance. Yes I do think Eli is better than Aikman was.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:35 am

no worries - I doubt that many would agree with you about Eli being a better QB than Troy

Troy did have some great weapons but he deserves to be in the HOF - I doubt that Eli gets in based on what he's done

I just don't see him as being great - good yes, but not HOF ....... yet

he could surprise me - he already has :roll:
Hail to the Redskins

**LPJ**
Posts: 6281
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:10 am

<-- with SF33 on this one.

Eli is playing GREAT football the last couple of years and he's been improving.

Peyton is not a great QB at all.

Him, Breezie, and Brady deserve a category ABOVE great.. yes, that's my opinion but I honestly believe that!!

Eli and Rogers IMO are great QBs but still a step down from the ones above.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am

And this from Countertrey in another thread

True story...
Quote from a friend who, regretably, is a Giants fan: "Don't get me wrong... I love that we won the Superbowl... but, just like the last time, the downside is that we are now stuck with Coughlin and Manning for another 2 years... again! This sucks!"

All I could do was LOL


maybe you guys are right but I'll gurantee there are a huge number of giants fans that don't like Coughlin at all

and there are a lot of giants fans that don't like Eli

I love the fact that the giants have these 2 to witness the Redskins being a better team again

it's going to happen soon :D
Hail to the Redskins

**LPJ**
Posts: 6281
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:04 pm

you win 2 SBs wit a coach and a qb and you complain about them?

Dag, I thought OUR expectations were incredibly high!! Good grief!! :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:27 pm

the fact is that Coughlin is not highly regarded as a HC - he lost 2 games to the Redskins last season that he should not have lost - the opening game is almost a must win game and the 2nd game was a must win game they lost

that does not happen if you are a very good coach and you have the better group of players

Eli's good but he's not great and he's a bit of a crybaby :lol:

all the fans that like Coughlin and Eli are in for a little surprise - they're not closer to winning another Super Bowl - I'd rather have Mike and RGIII :wink:
Hail to the Redskins

newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Postby Giants1977 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:41 pm

It boggles my mind that when the GIANTS win we are the luckiest team in the world. Why is the same analogy given to the Patriots they won 3 Super Bowls at the last minute with field goals. In that regards, why isn't the Steelers lucky when they beat the Cards with the last minute drive and tip toe by Santonio Holmes. I understand, it's the hatred you have cause ya'll haven't won squat and bask in the glow of beating us twice. But I will give you losing twice to ya'll if it means winning more super bowls

the 'mudge
Posts: 14242
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Boggled minds seems to be the constant in G-strings land...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Giants1977 wrote:It boggles my mind that when the GIANTS win we are the luckiest team in the world. Why is the same analogy given to the Patriots they won 3 Super Bowls at the last minute with field goals. In that regards, why isn't the Steelers lucky when they beat the Cards with the last minute drive and tip toe by Santonio Holmes. I understand, it's the hatred you have cause ya'll haven't won squat and bask in the glow of beating us twice. But I will give you losing twice to ya'll if it means winning more super bowls


welcome to the best site for Redskins fans

The giants were not lucky to win the 2 games against the Patriots - they deserved to win both games

fact is they were just not the best team in the NFL in either season

The giants could win another but I doubt it will be with Coughlin :D

I don't know about the others here but I don't hate the giants because of their recent success
I just flat out hate the sports teams from NY especially the skankees and the giants

I don't hate Mara - he's scum - that's just a fact :twisted:
Hail to the Redskins

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:04 am

SkinsJock wrote:
fact is they were just not the best team in the NFL in either season.


I'm sorry SJ that is an opinion, not fact.

SkinsJock wrote:I don't hate Mara - he's scum - that's just a fact :twisted:


Now that is a fact! However, I do hate the cheating beady eyed bastard of a thief! I wish he and his butt buddy would GodaHell!
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:06 am

actually - they're both opinions

aside from giants fans .... there are not many that would disagree :twisted:



I'm not taking anything away from the 2 wins - they have the Super Bowl trophies - done deal

I'm only stirring the pot a little by pointing out that in both seasons the giants were not considered the best team in the NFL

I'm not implying they were lucky to win - they played well

that is over, past tense, history - just like the Redskins of the past 10 + years :D



my opinion is that the giants do not win another Super Bowl under Coughlin because he's not a great HC and Eli is just a good QB he's not a great QB

I'm glad we have Mike and RGIII - my opinion, is that over the next 3 years, both will be better than Coughlin and Eli :)

btw - that's just my opinion, in case there's any doubt :wink:
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:18 am

AND now this

I'm sure Mara will see to it that his butt buddy makes sure that Diehl does not miss any time

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... d-with-dwi
Hail to the Redskins

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:55 am

SkinsJock wrote:
actually - they're both opinions

About the opinion comments I made. Obviously I knew both of your comments in the previous post were opinions - just trying to make light of the second one. Also, if you just state something like "Mara's a pud" then I obviously know that is your opinion (and I agree), but if you say something is a "fact", then you have crossed out of opinion territory. Unless, of course you say something like, "It is a fact that every Giants fan is compensating for their Mike and Ike sized wedding tackle and are upset about having blue testicles". That I would just take as a joke.

SkinsJock wrote:I'm not taking anything away from the 2 wins - they have the Super Bowl trophies - done deal

I'm only stirring the pot a little by pointing out that in both seasons the giants were not considered the best team in the NFL


I would agree with that DURING the season, but by the time the SB's rolled around I would think that many would have to agree that if not the best, they were one of the best.

Weren't they favored for the last SB? :?:

And didn't they almost break up the Pats 16-0 run in week 17 of the 2007 season? They had the Patsies on the ropes and they were furtunate to pull out the win. Then the Giants completely dominated them (defensively) in the SB.

I think the team playing the best football at the end of both of those seasons won the SBs.

SkinsJock wrote:
my opinion is that the giants do not win another Super Bowl under Coughlin because he's not a great HC and Eli is just a good QB he's not a great QB



I have to disagree with your assessment of ELI! That is hard for me to say since he is a Giant and looks like one of Jerry's kids sometimes when things don't go right.
To me he is a top five QB. Maybe we don't have any great QBs in the NFL any more, but he is right up there with his brother (now with age and bum neck on his shoulders), he is at least as good as Brees and Rodgers, close to Brady, and better than all the rest.

You probably will be right about the Giants and Coughlin (that just odds, nothing else)!

SkinsJock wrote:I'm glad we have Mike and RGIII - my opinion, is that over the next 3 years, both will be better than Coughlin and Eli :)


I hope you're right, but I would settle for just as good.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Around the League