Coughlin gets extended - are he or the giants going anywhere

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 am

no worries - we just feel different about this - see the disclaimer below :wink:

there is no doubt that the giants played well and I understand your points

I just feel that in looking at the whole 2011 season the giants were not as good as a number of other teams

however - I do feel that they were as good or maybe slightly better than the Patriots

However looking at the season before the first SB between these 2 teams the giants were IMO a better team than last season but not nearly as good as the Patriots

I don't consider luck in judging how a team plays

I am so glad that they have Coughlin for a couple more years at least
I am looking forward to them seeing that he's not even close to being a very good HC

eli's just a good QB and RGIII will prove to be even better

Im am also VERY biased against everything and anything to do with the giants

that is just me and I will not give them credit for much at all
Robert Griffin is a franchise QB - we are very fortunate

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

Postby Giants1977 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:31 am

So Skins Jock based on your assertion that the Giants weren't the better team, do you have the same feeling towards the Packers, and Patriots when they won they're SB recently?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Giants1977 wrote:So Skins Jock based on your assertion that the Giants weren't the better team, do you have the same feeling towards the Packers, and Patriots when they won they're SB recently?

for the most part the recent games were won by teams that were amongst the best for the season

last season, the giants were not that good - there were 2 games last season that the giants wanted very much to win
the first game of the season and the second game against the Redskins when they desparately needed a win
good teams and good HCs find ways to get that done

I do not think we'll win the NFC East but I doubt the giants do either - we're improving but the giants will have 6 tough games with the NFC East teams this season

I just don't like Coughlin much and while I think eli's good, he's not very good and he's a bit of a crybaby :twisted:

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:33 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
I am looking forward to them seeing that he's not even close to being a very good HC

OK, I can Under stand the "Giant" bias you have against Caughlin, but lets just say he left Jacksonville and had gotten to San Diego instead.
And hypathetically he had won two SB, had a 7 and 3 playoff record, and had won 20 more game in eight seasons than he had lost with the Chargers and only had one losing season (his first) in those eight years!

You combine that with the fact that he got the expansion Jaguar to the AFC Championship game in their SECOND year and followed that up with three more playof appearances. Yes, that is right he took the Jaguars, an expansion team, to the play offs 4 out of his first 5 seasons coaching them. He did this with Mark Brunell, whom in his prime wasn't anything special at QB.

Try to put your bias asside and answer this objectively, honestly, just between us, do you really think Coughlin isn't a very good coach? Because, he currently has a HoF type resume. If he wins one more, he is a lock! I could make a case he is better than Parcells and Bellicheat.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I did not like Coughlin when he was with the Jaguars - I felt he could have done better if he'd adjusted his attitude towards his players and his staff

to his credit he's adjusted in NY and would not be there now if he had not

I'll agree that Coughlin has a HOF resume and he could get in based on that - there are many that are not in the HOF based on better resumes

I'll also agree that if the giants were to win another ring - he'd be a shoo in

that's all past tense - the NY media was ballistic about this guy last season and that was after his great job in taking down the unbeaten Pats

I just don't see that happening again in the near future and he'll be gone soon

we get back to the basics - he's not going to be in another Super Bowl soon because he's not good enough and the NY media will crucify him

so we go round and round - there's just too many obstacles to overcome and that's a cruel town to be a beady eyed rodent

Hail to the Redskins

Postby yupchagee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:35 pm

SkinsJock wrote:no worries - we just feel different about this - see the disclaimer below :wink:

there is no doubt that the giants played well and I understand your points

I just feel that in looking at the whole 2011 season the giants were not as good as a number of other teams

however - I do feel that they were as good or maybe slightly better than the Patriots

However looking at the season before the first SB between these 2 teams the giants were IMO a better team than last season but not nearly as good as the Patriots

I don't consider luck in judging how a team plays

eli's just a good QB and RGIII will prove to be even better

Im am also VERY biased against everything and anything to do with the giants

that is just me and I will not give them credit for much at all

:rock:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Around the League