Episode 4 of HAIL!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:36 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Episode 4 of HAIL!

Postby HAILSkins! » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 am

See how our enemy rival fans are treated at OUR stadium in the 4th episode of HAIL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_HQTD59VQ

ATX
Posts: 3384
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:23 am

1. Eagles
2. Dallas
3. Giants

I am probably in the minority here but I cannot stand Philly fans or the city.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 am

ATX_Skins wrote:1. Eagles
2. Dallas
3. Giants

I am probably in the minority here but I cannot stand Philly fans or the city.


Can't remember if you were in the minority on that, but I remember you and I going back and forth about this very subject some time back.

For me, it is and always will be:

1. Dallas (and actually I don't remember being impressed by that city)
2. Giants (I despise everything about NY city. Literally everything, except for its historical position in the formation of our country).
3. Philly (Lived/went to school there for 4 years. Love the city, easily can understand why some hate it.)

I actually hate NY and Philly fans pretty much equally. Dallas fans are the worst fans in the country outside of Duke fans.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

ATX
Posts: 3384
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:41 am

This was a big discussion sometime last year.

Dallas fans are typically only obnoxious outside of Texas. Philly fans are obnoxious everywhere. Giants fans only come out of the woodwork when they are winning.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4402
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:29 pm

1. Pukes
2. Pukes
3. Philly +NY

Dullass is the worst of any sports. The fans the team the owner the arrogance... Hate everything about them. Then the fecals edge out the gnats (even with the recent cap robbery- haven't heard anyone mention that for hating ny NOW) because the fans from philthy are generally mindless loud mouths where ny fans are fairwheather wussies and not usually a problem. Even with the fluke super bowl last year I just don't hate them as much... They are stuck w Coughlin now and their mediocre play won't get them far for long. Shely is still not in the elite category imo, where as Vick is a much more dangerous opponent.... Cue #59
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Postby rskin72 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Good vid......as someone else mentioned, nice to see the vids of the draft party's for those of us that couldn't be there in person.

I disagree, though, with the parity thought. I do NOT like parity, and think the salary cap is crap. IF an owner wants to spend money on his team, I don't see where there should be some artifical limit as to how much they can spend on that team based on the fact that other teams may not be able to compete with the $$$. As it has been proven over and over again with other sports, just because you spend money on your team that does not necessarily equate to winning / championship trophies. If a team is in a market where they can't make money (Jax for example)....then relocate the team or get another owner group. Just look at the 2010 season to see the teams that don't spend money on their team....look at the teams that were well under 100 million dollars in total salary cap. Also, this really takes away from players staying with one team for a career.....and the connection between the fans and those players. It also takes away continuity of certain units (for example, oline) when we can't guarentee that we can keep the same basic players together for more than 3-5 years at a clip. Maybe my thoughts are also influenced by the fact that my team has deeper pockets than most.

Loved the line about philly fans learning how to boo before they know how to speak!

Love that woman who is dogging the fan from another team (boyz, eagles? not sure) saying "you knew what to expect when you came here wearing that jersey"......hilarous.

My hate rankings are:

1. Cowboys - since I have been following football....certainly since Jerry Jones took over the boys, and they had their early 90's success....the boyz have gotten a huge amount of media love. Actually, back in the days of Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, and others....I respected their teams. Now, over the years, I have grown to hate the self annointed America's Team and all the hype surrounding them. The only good thing about the boyz are the cheerleaders, and the supersized TV's at the stadium. One good thing.....as long as Jones is the owner AND GM....think the boyz will be underachievers....and that makes me smile.

2. Eagles - I have only had season tic's for past 3 seasons....but to me the eagle fans are THE MOST obnoxious fan base I have been around live at a game. Heck, they booed Santa. Even though I respect their coach, and think that they have the makings of a pretty darn good football team this season.....I do not wish them success......in large part because of their knucklehead fans. Also, I enjoy holding the fact that are the ONLY NFC East team never to win a SB over their heads.

3. Giants - Mara nonwithstanding.....I really don't mind the giants that much. I think Coughlin is an underrated coach, and while I do not put Eli at the elite level that his brother and Tom Brady are at, still he has two SB rings and 2 MVP's for the SB.....pretty darn impressive. I actually will pull for the Giants IF the Skins are not in the playoffs.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

CKRGiii
Posts: 4402
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Everything you typed made perfect sense... Until that last line.
NEVER root for any other NFC east team unless they are playing the pukes; where in you shall also root for a natural disaster or at worse a tie. Beating the pukes being the last exception to the rule. Never root for anyone inside the east other then
HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Postby rskin72 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:12 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Everything you typed made perfect sense... Until that last line.
NEVER root for any other NFC east team unless they are playing the pukes; where in you shall also root for a natural disaster or at worse a tie. Beating the pukes being the last exception to the rule. Never root for anyone inside the east other then
HTTR


I have had this conversation with others from NFC east foes...about whether they will support another team in the NFC East IF their team has been eliminated from contention, and over the opposition regardless of who it is. The view is that since their team is eliminated, then root for the NFC East until all teams are eliminated.....as it goes to the point of who has the better/deeper/stronger division so makes all teams in that division look better by proxy.

Personally, I would find it very difficult to support the Cowboys.....think I would choke on any words of support before I could utter them.

As for the Giants, I did prefer them over the Pats in the SB this past season.....am worn out of all the Belichik genius talk, and the darn Patriot Way nonsense. I spend a lot of time up north in Groton Ct and Kittery, Me....and trust me ALL you hear up there is Patriot this and Red Sox that. Fed up. Plus most of the Giant fans that I know can carry on realistic/decent conversation with.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

CKRGiii
Posts: 4402
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:53 pm

I didn't.make the rules friend I just follow them. While I fully understand the sentiment that if they win and we beat them we are____ and if the east wins then the east is ____. But frankly I disagree. The east being stronger or tougher then any other division has no bearing on the Redskins, and frankly I'd prefer the other three teams were all crap. On that note the.best team in the.NFL did.not win the sb, the.gnats didn't deserve it at all imo. Therefor I didn't root for ny any game in the post season. Especially giving them another trophy for them to brag about, not worth saying the east won it.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii
Posts: 4402
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:54 pm

I didn't.make the rules friend I just follow them. While I fully understand the sentiment that if they win and we beat them we are____ and if the east wins then the east is ____. But frankly I disagree. The east being stronger or tougher then any other division has no bearing on the Redskins, and frankly I'd prefer the other three teams were all crap. On that note the.best team in the.NFL did.not win the sb, the.gnats didn't deserve it at all imo. Therefor I didn't root for ny any game in the post season. Especially giving them another trophy for them to brag about, not worth saying the east won it.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Postby the poster » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:20 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:On that note the.best team in the.NFL did.not win the sb, the.gnats didn't deserve it at all imo. Therefor I didn't root for ny any game in the post season. Especially giving them another trophy for them to brag about, not worth saying the east won it.


jealous much???

one thing's for sure...the redskins definitely DESERVE last place. they own it. and the other 3 teams LOVE the redskins.

giants are world champs, enjoy it. redskins are 4 time last place owners.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4402
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:00 pm

The sissy puke fan drinking out of a redskins cup @ FedEx feild on OUR draft day party = attention whore/ closet redskins fan/ troll.

Three shades of ghey any way you look at it.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piglet
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:36 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby HAILSkins! » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 pm

From a strategic perspective, I think it's absolutely CRAZY to root for a division rival to win a championship or have any success in the playoffs.

The reality is success breeds confidence and it buys you continuity, two important ingredients for great teams. I wouldn't say Eli is elite, but he is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better QB than he was when he won the '07 superbowl, and I attribute that in large part to continuity. You put anyone in the same system with the same coaches for long enough and they will improve. Tom Brady wasn't nearly the QB he is today when he won his first 2 superbowls and even his 3rd to a lesser degree. He's gotten to the level he's at because he's been able to play in the same system for 10 years. You don't get those guarantees without winning superbowls and if the Giants hadn't won in '07 I think Coughlin would have been fired long ago and Eli would be learning a new system with new coaches and his progress would be seriously hampered. I'd bet money that our coaches didn't want to see the Giants win.

I would say the lack of continuity is one of the major reasons the Skins haven't done squat in forever. We finally appear to have some, and that gives me great hope.

piglet
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:36 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby HAILSkins! » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm

rskin72 wrote:Good vid......as someone else mentioned, nice to see the vids of the draft party's for those of us that couldn't be there in person.


Thanks man! Really appreciate it!

rskin72 wrote:3. Giants - Mara nonwithstanding.....I really don't mind the giants that much.


Live in Brooklyn for awhile and you'll learn to hate them pretty good LOL!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Postby rskin72 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I didn't.make the rules friend I just follow them. While I fully understand the sentiment that if they win and we beat them we are____ and if the east wins then the east is ____. But frankly I disagree. The east being stronger or tougher then any other division has no bearing on the Redskins, and frankly I'd prefer the other three teams were all crap. On that note the.best team in the.NFL did.not win the sb, the.gnats didn't deserve it at all imo. Therefor I didn't root for ny any game in the post season. Especially giving them another trophy for them to brag about, not worth saying the east won it.


I agree with some of what you say. I WOULD prefer that the other three teams were doormats for the Redskins. But, that is not reality. I am not a dual team fan, I am not buying any other team's gear, I am not driving 7 hours on a home Sunday just to see any other team play. BUT, when my team is eliminated.....I still watch football!! And, I have teams I would rather prefer to have win than other teams. Nothing more, nothing less.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football