Three Observations by John Keim

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Three Observations by John Keim

Postby 1niksder » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:35 am

Three Observations

1 Rookie corner Chase Minnifield performed well Tuesday and continues to look like a wise pickup. He went undrafted after having microfracture surgery on his knee in January, but he hasn't been limited in workouts. On Tuesday, he jumped a route and picked off Rex Grossman (throwing off his back foot). Minnifield also did an excellent job covering Pierre Garcon, jamming him at the line, turning and running step for step. Minnifield consistently holds his own against the starting receivers. He'll be worth watching this summer.

2 Quarterback Robert Griffin III does a nice job of staying poised in the pocket, resulting in patient throws and completions. He made a nice easy pitch-and-catch to Garcon on an out route. Griffin was relaxed on the throw. He also enabled Santana Moss to gain big yards after one catch by leading him away from the defenders and into an opening. On the play, Moss ran a crossing route vs. DeAngelo Hall, who was on the receiver's outside hip. Griffin threw back inside, Hall slipped as he planted and Moss turned it up for an easy score.

3 It's hard to say what sort of blocker Niles Paul will be as a tight end, but I'm not sure his transition will be that difficult. He has to know what the other linemen are doing on their blocks and how to play off them, but the rest comes down to competitiveness and that's where Paul excels. He did a nice job picking up a blitzing linebacker Tuesday, riding him out wide. The real test comes against starting quality linebackers and ends, which he'll face in the preseason. But Paul isn't afraid to engage them, and that's more than half the battle. As far as blocking in the stretch zone, it often comes down to quick feet and that's what he has.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 am

"Hall slipped, Santana scored..."

#-o
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 am

Have I been asleep or something? Totally missed that sweet avatar, ATX.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 am

emoses14 wrote:Have I been asleep or something? Totally missed that sweet avatar, ATX.

It showed up this morning. So yes, most everyone was probably asleep :lol:
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Big ups to Minnifield. However, I don't think anybody should be judged very much on their ability to intercept Grossman.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I read where Minnifield also deflected/dropped another interception, believe thrown by RGIII....but he also allowed a TD thrown by Cousins. Sounds like some of the optimism for him from BM's may prove to be true.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Haslett said the team projected Minnifield as a third-round draft pick when he addressed the media today.
XVII XXII XXVI

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:29 pm

not sure why draft position indicates anything

all that really matters is how well the players fit with what the coaches want to do and what sort of effort they make to make the roster

I could care less if the player was drafted or not if he shows he's got what it takes to win a roster spot here

this ain't the old Redskins - these guys are here to try and show the coaches they can play and fit in with what the coaches want to do

we are re-inventing the franchise and it will not be like anything we've had here before

enjoy the ride :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:55 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:Have I been asleep or something? Totally missed that sweet avatar, ATX.

It showed up this morning. So yes, most everyone was probably asleep :lol:

Very sweet avatar.. and I'm super jealous.

Hows it go again? I thought I was...

Ya minnifeild is a beast I think he makes the final roster for sure.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby the poster » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 pm

SkinsJock wrote:this ain't the old Redskins

11-21 so far.

And traded 4 draft picks for two 30+ year old offensive players who have given them nothing.

Yeah, that's so much different..

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:08 pm

The Cleveland Browns visited an orphanage in Ohio today.

"It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope..." said Wesley, aged six.

FootballIcon
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:40 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:The Cleveland Browns visited an orphanage in Ohio today.

"It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope..." said Wesley, aged six.

FootballIcon
ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 am

riggofan wrote:Big ups to Minnifield. However, I don't think anybody should be judged very much on their ability to intercept Grossman.

I hope you aren't serious.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:26 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
riggofan wrote:Big ups to Minnifield. However, I don't think anybody should be judged very much on their ability to intercept Grossman.

I hope you aren't serious.

Just kidding around. :)

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:The Cleveland Browns visited an orphanage in Ohio today.

FootballIcon

Lol!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football