Darelle Revis

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Darelle Revis

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:51 am

I have a major problem and a question to anyone who might be "in the know" about what is going on with the whole Darelle Revis situation. I honestly don't know why this hasn't received more press, especially in DC. I could care less that he's holding out. My big problem is why he is holding out. I read yesterday he is holding out because he is only due to make $13.5M over the next 2 years of his deal, while he made $32.5M over the previous two years. He's also only due to make only $3M per dunring the 2014-2016 seasons. I'm not an expert, but it sounds to me like someone FRONT-LOADED a contract here....and during an un-capped year to boot. How is this any different than what we got wrung up for with the salary cap hit we took? Can someone explain that to me?

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:39 am

Because Julius Peppers and Matt Schaub and a couple other guys got a bunch of money that year, but their teams didn't have $172 million payroll like the Redskins when most teams were around $120-125 million
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:01 am

Understood, but it still gives them a competitive advantage as they now get the services of the best CB in the league for a mere $ 6.75M for the next 2 years and only $ 3M per for the last three.....assuming Revis honors the contract, which as of right now he obviously isn't.

Re: Darelle Revis

Postby yupchagee » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:44 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:I have a major problem and a question to anyone who might be "in the know" about what is going on with the whole Darelle Revis situation. I honestly don't know why this hasn't received more press, especially in DC. I could care less that he's holding out. My big problem is why he is holding out. I read yesterday he is holding out because he is only due to make $13.5M over the next 2 years of his deal, while he made $32.5M over the previous two years. He's also only due to make only $3M per dunring the 2014-2016 seasons. I'm not an expert, but it sounds to me like someone FRONT-LOADED a contract here....and during an un-capped year to boot. How is this any different than what we got wrung up for with the salary cap hit we took? Can someone explain that to me?

Simple. The Jets aren't the Redskins.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:18 am

My question is why is he holding out when he obviously knew his salary would be going down on the front-loaded contract he signed? Did he think the Jets were going to come to him after the frist couple of years, and say "hey, let's renegotiate that deal?"
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:05 am

He's also only due to make only $3M per dunring the 2014-2016 seasons.

Does anyone else see the obscene irony here, or am I alone in this???
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:39 am

he's a bama
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Around the League