Shanahan has cut 150 players since he arrived

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Cleveland Park, Wash DC

Shanahan has cut 150 players since he arrived

Postby ArlingtonSkinsFan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:04 pm

........and only ONE PLAYER (and now two I guess if you count him not resigning McIntoch) is still in the league!! So we had a roster full of players that no other team would want? Does this explain why we sucked? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? :shock: :shock: :shock:
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -Vince Lombardi

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:13 pm

It means Dan Snyder is to be commended for hiring the right man for the job, and learning enough to stay out of his way.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:15 pm

emoses14 wrote:It means Dan Snyder is to be commended for hiring the right man for the job, and learning enough to stay out of his way.


This...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:15 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:16 pm

I saw what you are referring to and it said one player was currently STARTING for another team (Carlos Rogers), there are more guys still in the league... and I believe Rogers was a free agent, so I'm not sure how that counts as being cut...
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:It means Dan Snyder is to be commended for hiring the right man for the job, and learning enough to stay out of his way.


This...


Oh, look at me, I've got a shiney new avatar so now I only need to give one word posts!!!!

You make me sick!!!!



:wink:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

#14
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Re: Shanahan has cut 150 players since he arrived

Postby yupchagee » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 pm

ArlingtonSkinsFan wrote:........and only ONE PLAYER (and now two I guess if you count him not resigning McIntoch) is still in the league!! So we had a roster full of players that no other team would want? Does this explain why we sucked? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? :shock: :shock: :shock:


Rogers, Gaffney, K. Williams are a few who come immediately to mind.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:41 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:It means Dan Snyder is to be commended for hiring the right man for the job, and learning enough to stay out of his way.


This...


Oh, look at me, I've got a shiney new avatar so now I only need to give one word posts!!!!

You make me sick!!!!



:wink:


Exactly :)
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Cleveland Park, Wash DC

Postby ArlingtonSkinsFan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Ok i Stand corrected: starters, not players just on rosters.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -Vince Lombardi

the 'mudge
Posts: 14837
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:35 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:It means Dan Snyder is to be commended for hiring the right man for the job, and learning enough to stay out of his way.


This...


Oh, look at me, I've got a shiney new avatar so now I only need to give one word posts!!!!

You make me sick!!!!



:wink:


Exactly :)


+1
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4881
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Yes..

Wait I don't have one yet so I need to fill space with pointless words, usually made up words in no particular order that take a trained professional to decypher
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Countertrey wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:It means Dan Snyder is to be commended for hiring the right man for the job, and learning enough to stay out of his way.


This...


Oh, look at me, I've got a shiney new avatar so now I only need to give one word posts!!!!

You make me sick!!!!



:wink:


Exactly :)


+1


:hmm:

:mrgreen:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**ch44
Posts: 2387
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 pm

I was just coming on to post this. There only one STARTER in the league but it's still an unbelievable stat. Vinnie should be put in a carbon fiber chamber forever.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:29 am

Andre Carter was a starter. He was only on a one year deal with NE and all signs are pointing that he'll be back there later this year. They know he'll show up in shape and be productive.

#14
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Gaffney may well start.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

**ch44
Posts: 2387
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:02 pm

This is the source of this thread...at the bottom
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... t&id=40092
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football