is Joe Gibbs the most overrated coach of all time?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:20 am

](*,)
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby spenser » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:46 am

Deadskins wrote:
spenser wrote:1. 3 Superbowl victory's, and the same record in super bowls as the "genius" bill bellicheck.

Nope, Belichick's is worse. He has two losses.

spenser wrote:unlike most on this board you amuse rather than anger me.

I don't think she anger's anyone here, but what you could find amusing is beyond me. :roll:

Ah yes, I was thinking the loss to the dolphins, but obviously that was George Allen. So thanks for bolstering my argument. I'm guessing the little :roll: was directed toward the poster and not for my comment about being amused? If not, let me clarify. I find it Funny that someone is so spiteful and spews such venom on a regular basis. I enjoy seeing what diatribe he is going to post just to get a rise out of people. Sorry if that upsets you

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:27 pm

:hmm:
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:16 pm

I think a lot of well-meaning members here are missing the point of how trolls and troll posts work.

Tearing holes in the logic of a troll post is like is like picking something out of somebody's garbage and tearing it up in front of them. It means nothing to them, but they are entertained because they got you to pick through their garbage.

Stop picking through the garbage, guys. It's hard to watch.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Hooligan wrote:I think a lot of well-meaning members here are missing the point of how trolls and troll posts work.

Tearing holes in the logic of a troll post is like is like picking something out of somebody's garbage and tearing it up in front of them. It means nothing to them, but they are entertained because they got you to pick through their garbage.

Thank you! =D>
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 pm

When I saw the title of the thread, my thoughts filled with the memories of the best years ever for Redskin fans, and for a much beloved coach deserving of every ounce of adulation he received ... praise for which his humbleness never took for granted, nor did he ever fail to express his gratitude to us, as if we were responsible for his great success. And he never failed to make us proud.

Coach Joe was not just a great football coach, but a great example for which everyone could learn a thing or two about being a better person, which is significantly more important than winning football games. That he was able to maintain his unquestionable character and disarming humbleness even in the spotlight of sports highest achievements, is testimony to the fact that this world could never have too many Joe Gibbs in it. In fact, we are sorely in need of many more.

Always ready to accept responsibility for every failure regardless of the nature, while never failing to insist on giving credit to others for the many successes and achievements, coach Joe was, and still is an impeccable example of decency, humility, and all of the best qualities a man should aspire to.

As for winning a Super Bowl in a strike shortened season, far from detracting from the value of his accomplishments, that might be the center piece ... the quintessential example of his genius and wisdom. Whether it be how coach Joe implored his regular players to stick together and not cross the picket line, knowing that such lack of unity could fracture the camaraderie he'd worked so hard to instill ... he continued on to work diligently to organize an effective team of replacement players in their absence, even able to defeat the Cowboys with a substantial number of regular players who had broken the strike ... Joe did what he always was able to do ... win in spite of the odds, while not compromising his bullet proof integrity.

Was it a shock to the lifelong stalwart veterans of the race car circuit, when this retired football coach and newcomer captured their crown jewel ...the Daytona 500 ? Maybe they were surprised ... but for those who knew Joe Jackson Gibbs ..... it was no surprise at all. It was something we all expected, because that's all we ever saw Joe Gibbs do.

Although if I had to bet, I'd be willing to wager that Joe Gibbs would be the first person to agree with "The Poster" .... Joe always tended to downplay his role in those great achievements. He'd be wrong of course, but for all of the right reasons ... as Joe's most endearing quality would no allow him to disagree. His humbleness wouldn't permit it.

Joe Gibbs always was a winner, in the very best ways a man can be measured. And it's always nice to have a reason to recall such fond memories, even if that was not the intent of the thread.

Thanks anyway.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 am

Ray, nice job.

:up:

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:58 am

rskin72 wrote:Spenser...i agree with many of your thoughts on the poster. I have never quite understood how someone has so much time to post tripe on a website of a team he does not like.

So moderators...instead of expecting the bm's not to reply to any musing from said poster in the hope that he will just fade into the sunset...why not just delete posts and threads from him as it is within the rules for this board? Why throw temptation our way?

That would make way too much sense and take the fun away from the circus act around here. Poster is a top notch nut case.. he isnt going anywhere cause he found the one site that will put up with his silly games.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:39 am

A person may get lucky once in there lifetime. I would say Barry Switzer coiming into a SuperBowl ready roster was one example.

Joe Gibbs going to the SuperBowl four times in his career is no small accomplishment. If anything he might be underrated.

Think of it this way. Joe Gibbs overated? Says who? The Browns fan! Nuff said.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

########

Postby Scottskins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 am

I cant wait until we get the breakdown on how overrated shanny is after we win our next superbowl with rg3 :-) it will undoubtedly be because of horrible competition...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

########

Postby Scottskins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:38 am

Dp
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am

Im not going to worry about the DFTT thing anymore ....its just stupid . If you let some retarted browns fan get to you then that's your problem anyway. Anyone with half a brain knows Gibbs isnt overrated. A man with 4 superbowl trips . In the hall of Fame, with players under him in the hall of fame. What the hell has the Dog pound done....nothing at all. Im mean nothing at all but lose :wink:

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Hooligan wrote:I think a lot of well-meaning members here are missing the point of how trolls and troll posts work.

Me like, me like.........
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:02 pm

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:08 pm

rskin72 wrote:So moderators...instead of expecting the bm's not to reply to any musing from said poster in the hope that he will just fade into the sunset...why not just delete posts and threads from him as it is within the rules for this board?

Because at THN we tolerate anyone who plays by the rules. It doesn't mean that everyone who writes something is worth listening to, but that's life. Censoring is not something we do here.

Why throw temptation our way?

No offense, but most people seem to handle it fine. People can choose how they react to trolling. Clearly most think the best way to address it is by ignoring it. But the kind of micro-manager moderating you're asking for isn't going to happen.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football