THE THN END OF SEASON AWARDS

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Read the instructions!

Pick a different def player of the season. You got London once, pick someone else you plum!

There were instructions?

:shock:

Yeah, I kept them brief with you in mind!

:wink:

SLR wrote:
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON: If your overall player of the season plays on defense then chose someone different here.

Got it...?
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

---

Re: THE THN END OF SEASON AWARDS

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:13 am

PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Kerrigan (his level of play and consistency made me place him here)

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Fred (despite his smoking issue, he was the best player on the team)

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON: London (obvious)

ROOKIE OF THE SEASON: Kerrigan (obvious)

PLAY OF THE SEASON: Kerrigans pick 6 (i considered helu but Kerrigans ability to not only locate and catch the ball after batting it, says a lot)

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE AGAINST THE REDSKINS: Gronk (dudes a beast. he's the main reason I won my FF league. it was my first time too!)
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:19 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Pick a different def player of the season. You got London once, pick someone else you plum!

There were instructions?

:shock:

Yeah, I kept them brief with you in mind!

SLR wrote:
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON: If your overall player of the season plays on defense then chose someone different here.

Got it...?
Bam! Are those bus tracks I see on your back, LPJ? :moon:

That's gonna leave a mark...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Real men don't read instructions :!:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 pm

yupchagee wrote:

Real men don't read instructions :!:

That's only for electrical products and DIY flat-packed furniture!

:)

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Fred (despite his smoking issue, he was the best player on the team)

I thought about it, but that's hard to give to anyone who misses a quarter of the season due to his own mistake. Then again, who else was really pushing him for this one?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Definitely a cool idea, good job SLR... I think we won't see a lot of variation but I might have a good point on O.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON: London Fletcher, leading in tackles, and still a beast of a great leader.

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Evan Royster, not just cuz I named my son Evan, but: Fred Davis effed us hard w his failed drug tests so it was Helu or Royster. Helu saw more action had great games catching and running, but got hurt after only a couple games.. Roysters stats were onpar to be the best rookie, his ypc are the best we've seen from a rb in a loooooong time. Right?

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Ryan Kerrigan. Yup

ROOKIE OF THE SEASON: Ryan Kerrigan. Yup.

PLAY OF THE SEASON: tough one.. Helus run, BBs run returns or pass, or Kerrigans pick six... If any have a tie ill vote that way.

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE AGAINST THE REDSKINS: Pains me to even bring it up, but butthole bueler (sp) kicker for the pukes.. beat us without them scoring a single flippn TD in game One, then made two or three and one in ot for the second win. F him.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:06 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Definitely a cool idea, good job SLR... I think we won't see a lot of variation but I might have a good point on O.

Yeah, there won't be a lot of variation and therefore it'll lack debate a little bit, which is another reason why I was a little slow doing it. I mean 3 or 4 of the categories are nailed on. But then I thought, well that's the case for this season, but if we have multiple candidates for each category next year then it's another way to mark our progress.

Next time I'm gonna add a 'Most Improved Player' category. The funny thing is with the turnover we've had we couldn't really have it this time round, know what I mean...? Who would you have? Davis or Reilly maybe but it's weak. Last season we had 11 rookies involved and a number of new recruits, only a handful featured in the previous season. It's a category that requires stability and we're evolving radically!

But at the risk of sounding like SJ, we're getting there!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:35 pm

I think a lot of the players on D improved through the year... Bowen, Carriker, Golston, Riley, and Wilson.

On O the whole O line improved especially with injuries and rookies but I truly think Trent stepped it up big.. he was owning d ware bit the suspension would take that award away. Same for Davis.
Basically I agree a lot of new faces and a lot of up and down play. I'd vote Riley on D and water boy on O... Oh wait I don't want to give Becksy a vote, umm.... BB. Saw the field a few times on offense put up a rushing td, aswell as passing. The first of course called back on some of that ol bs.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Fred (despite his smoking issue, he was the best player on the team)

I thought about it, but that's hard to give to anyone who misses a quarter of the season due to his own mistake. Then again, who else was really pushing him for this one?

I think it's sad that someone who missed 1/4 of the season is even in consideration. Hankerson could have been a possibility if he hadn't been injured and continued down the path he was one. And lets not take too much credit away from Davis, he would be a BEAST if he was in NE.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:05 pm

I just thought of Banks' pass to Moss. Maybe you should poll each category ... or not. :idea:

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:24 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:Definitely a cool idea, good job SLR... I think we won't see a lot of variation but I might have a good point on O.

Yeah, there won't be a lot of variation and therefore it'll lack debate a little bit, which is another reason why I was a little slow doing it. I mean 3 or 4 of the categories are nailed on. But then I thought, well that's the case for this season, but if we have multiple candidates for each category next year then it's another way to mark our progress.

Next time I'm gonna add a 'Most Improved Player' category. The funny thing is with the turnover we've had we couldn't really have it this time round, know what I mean...? Who would you have? Davis or Reilly maybe but it's weak. Last season we had 11 rookies involved and a number of new recruits, only a handful featured in the previous season. It's a category that requires stability and we're evolving radically!

But at the risk of sounding like SJ, we're getting there!

How about a "Most Regressed Player" -

My first thoughts were Rex, but Rex was just being Rex.

Beck? He looked good in relief against Philly, but since he never looked good as a starter, I couldn't seriously say that he regressed.

Armstrong was my next serious thought, but QB woes could be his excuse

Ryan Torain is my guy. After a fine 2010 campaign and after that stellar performance in St. Louis, who could have predicted that Torain would be healthy and no longer on the team (NFL.com - showing that he is with Carolina right now)?

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:31 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I think a lot of the players on D improved through the year... Bowen, Carriker, Golston, Riley, and Wilson.

On O the whole O line improved especially with injuries and rookies but I truly think Trent stepped it up big.. he was owning d ware bit the suspension would take that award away. Same for Davis.
Basically I agree a lot of new faces and a lot of up and down play. I'd vote Riley on D and water boy on O... Oh wait I don't want to give Becksy a vote, umm.... BB. Saw the field a few times on offense put up a rushing td, aswell as passing. The first of course called back on some of that ol bs.

I agree that Bowen and Wilson improved as the season went along, but since they weren't on the team in 2010, I don't think that they meet SLR's rules for this unofficial award. :)

As far as improved from last year, I agree that Carriker and Riley should be candidates, but my guy is Lichtensteiger. He was horrible at the beginning of last year but was said to the the O line leader until he got hurt.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:41 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I just thought of Banks' pass to Moss. Maybe you should poll each category ... or not. :idea:

DarthMonk

I had an after thought about the Banks pass as well. That was one heck of a play and against the Pats as well.

I almost changed my vote from Kerrigan, but I thought back to the moment of each and how I felt when the play happened. As someone mentioned earlier, Kerrigan had to fend off the guy trying to cut him. Bat the ball. Find the ball. Catch the ball and then keep his balance and run into the end zone. The TD, if I remember correctly, broke a tie game and we never looked back. Winning the game seals the deal for me that, Kerrigan's play is tops over the Bank's play.

Helu's play still is a close second for me.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:53 pm

I agree with all three of your posts..

I was on the all Torain train after last year and had high hopes, he just fell off horribly. Triple A played like total poop aswell, even though Rex couldn't throw the ball far enough he also had some big drops.

Rocky on D bit the Wang pretty hard too...

I also thought about adding Kory to the list, but being injured almost half the season doesn't help his case. He was looking good though that's for sure.

The best play is tough for me.. I'd say the banks reverse that got called back was just as exciting as his pass, and Helus was right there with that leap over a defender.
Not to take anything away from Kerrigan, but that was as much skill as luck. Kind of like a hole in one. Ya u are aiming for it but the gods have to give you a little grace IMO.. it was a great individual effort but happened once, vs bb continuing to make great plays w his speed, u know what I mean?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football