nfl.com: RGIII inspired by rookies' trip to Hall of Fame

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

nfl.com: RGIII inspired by rookies' trip to Hall of Fame

Postby ACW » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 pm


the 'mudge
Posts: 14236
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:53 pm

RGIII said:
"Alright, Sammy," Griffin said. "I'll see you later."

:up:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:51 pm

As NFL.com walked with the Redskins' rookie class through the Hall of Fame, many moments stood out that weren't simply about treasuring players of past. At one point, Griffin pulled out his iPhone to take a photo of a quote from Lynn Swann that was painted onto one of the walls.

"Forget about being MVP; forget about being in the Pro Bowl," the quote reads. "Those things are nice consolation prizes if you don't get a Super Bowl ring."

As he took the photo, Griffin said, "I've got to print that one out."


Only a few minutes later, standing beside a case that showcased a Super Bowl ring from every year's winner, an employee of the Hall of Fame showed the Redskins that they were represented three times in the display.

"That's not enough rings," Griffin said. "We've got to get more."
=D>

**LPJ**
Posts: 6278
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 am

Haha imagine being those kids seeing RG3 standing there and talking to you. Man I'm sure those kids just for that moment will root for us. lol.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

CKRGiii
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:13 pm

ACW wrote:
As NFL.com walked with the Redskins' rookie class through the Hall of Fame, many moments stood out that weren't simply about treasuring players of past. At one point, Griffin pulled out his iPhone to take a photo of a quote from Lynn Swann that was painted onto one of the walls.

"Forget about being MVP; forget about being in the Pro Bowl," the quote reads. "Those things are nice consolation prizes if you don't get a Super Bowl ring."

As he took the photo, Griffin said, "I've got to print that one out."


Only a few minutes later, standing beside a case that showcased a Super Bowl ring from every year's winner, an employee of the Hall of Fame showed the Redskins that they were represented three times in the display.

"That's not enough rings," Griffin said. "We've got to get more."
=D>


I love this kids drive man, no pressure no diamonds!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:46 pm

ACW wrote:
As NFL.com walked with the Redskins' rookie class through the Hall of Fame, many moments stood out that weren't simply about treasuring players of past. At one point, Griffin pulled out his iPhone to take a photo of a quote from Lynn Swann that was painted onto one of the walls.

"Forget about being MVP; forget about being in the Pro Bowl," the quote reads. "Those things are nice consolation prizes if you don't get a Super Bowl ring."

As he took the photo, Griffin said, "I've got to print that one out."


Only a few minutes later, standing beside a case that showcased a Super Bowl ring from every year's winner, an employee of the Hall of Fame showed the Redskins that they were represented three times in the display.

"That's not enough rings," Griffin said. "We've got to get more."
=D>



Who the hell does he think he is...?

Frodo...?!?!??!




:!:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:50 pm

He can call himself what ever he wants so long as he brings back the preciousesss!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:10 am
Location: Columbia, MD

Postby rick301 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:58 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:He can call himself what ever he wants so long as he brings back the preciousesss!


+1

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:10 pm

rick301 wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:He can call himself what ever he wants so long as he brings back the preciousesss!


+1


No, I would prefer +3!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

CKRGiii
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:47 pm

+4 would be great between now and 2020 eh?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football