Health Care

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
cappster

Re: Health Care

Postby Cappster » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:52 am

Countertrey wrote:
Cappster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Cappster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:This is a fairly amazing result:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/28/politics/ ... index.html

It truly is. It's amusing that the repubs held voted to hold Holder in contempt of Congress to try and make lemonade out of the baskets they were given yesterday. Such a sad attempt to deflect attention from one of the biggest historical rulings of my generation.

Since the Contempt charge has been brewing for months... only a herculean distortion and suspension of reality could result in the above claim.

Perhaps Holder should not be covering up for his underlings.

Just a thought.

Haha. It must have been pure coincidence. Gotcha

sooo... your contention is that John Issa planned and timed this out months ago... setting dozens of unconnected pieces in motion, including manipulating the Supreme Court to release the decision on the last day of their term, manipulated Eric Holder to continue to refuse to release demanded documents, and timed it just perfectly. Clearly, you must believe that he is the most brilliant Machiavellian mind in history...

Sure thing.

OTOH... perhaps Holder should simply stop covering up for his underlings, and give the committee what they require. One federal officer is dead. Probably dozens... if not more... Mexican civilians killed by these weapons. It's not like it's a big deal, or anything. Yeah... you got me. :?

So you don't find any irony in that after the Supreme Court ruling on healthcare, they pushed forward to go with a vote on holding Eric Holder in contempt? Whatever.

So, back to the topic at hand, how do you feel about Romney doing an about face on the heathcare principles that he endorsed in MA?
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Cappster wrote:So you don't find any irony in that after the Supreme Court ruling on healthcare, they pushed forward to go with a vote on holding Eric Holder in contempt? Whatever.

Irony = some kind of fitting incongruity between what you expect and what actually happens. I don't see what's ironic about the Holder charges — except for the irony that a bunch of criminals have pressed criminal charges against another criminal. But that I doubt you intended. ;)

I'm guessing you mean "you don't find it coincidental that . . ." or "you don't find the timing suspicious that . . ."?

:?:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Cappster wrote:So you don't find any irony in that after the Supreme Court ruling on healthcare, they pushed forward to go with a vote on holding Eric Holder in contempt? Whatever.

Irony = some kind of fitting incongruity between what you expect and what actually happens. I don't see what's ironic about the Holder charges — except for the irony that a bunch of criminals have pressed criminal charges against another criminal. But that I doubt you intended. ;)

I'm guessing you mean "you don't find it coincidental that . . ." or "you don't find the timing suspicious that . . ."?

:?:

Haha. Okay! For clarification, I find the timing of the vote for contempt conspicuous for being suspicious!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Never mind that they'd been telling you for weeks that it was going to happen...

Oh, that's right... it was all carefully orchestrated. Yup... got me again.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:56 am

Countertrey wrote:Never mind that they'd been telling you for weeks that it was going to happen...

Oh, that's right... it was all carefully orchestrated. Yup... got me again.

Moving on....Why didn't you address the question about Romneycare? Romney is now campaigning against his own legislation. Obamacare and Romneycare are very similar yet he vows to undo Obamacare.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:15 am

Why would I? "Romneycare" is a STATE mandate... not Federal. I could care less what Massachusetts does... Now, I know that you may not get the distinction (most libs seem to struggle with it) but the Constitution views the Federal government as subordinate to the States, in terms of rights. Romneycare does not impact me... if the boneheads in MA are happy with it... may they knock themselves out.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Countertrey wrote:Why would I? "Romneycare" is a STATE mandate... not Federal. I could care less what Massachusetts does... Now, I know that you may not get the distinction (most libs seem to struggle with it) but the Constitution views the Federal government as subordinate to the States, in terms of rights. Romneycare does not impact me... if the boneheads in MA are happy with it... may they knock themselves out.

Romney was for implementing his plan or something similar to it nationwide, but now since Obama beat him to it and is a liberal he cannot endorse legislation that all, but mirrors his very own policies in MA. That is a bit hypocritical, IMO. Healthcare just isn't a state issue as it is an issue that affects the entire country not just individual states. We know that Obamacare is Constitutional, as declared by the Supreme Court, so why is team 17th century so against a law that will help individuals get care that everyone needs? I mean it does invoke personal responsibility where just about everyone has to pay for healthcare. Isn't personal responsibility a staple issue in the conservative doctrine? Oh...nevermind. The word *tax* has been evoked and all else is erased! Oh geez I hate when that happens as conservatives always get in a tizzy when they hear that term.

And as far as rights are concerned...didn't civil rights flow down from the federal government to the state governments? I mean, we saw how well some states were able to enable fairness and equality for all, right? You know with separate drinking fountains, schools, restaurants, etc... for people of color

And FYI, I am a progressive minded thinker just like an increasing number of people my age are becoming or have already become. Yep, we are the ones who are going to "destroy America" by allowing people to get medical treatment and hold them responsible for carrying insurance! Oh the humanity!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Yup... you are.. You have discovered the key to the treasury. It will be over soon enough. You know nothing of the Constitution, and expect the Federal government to take care of you.

You should actually read the constitution... instead of what Nancy Pelosi tells you it says.

Personal Responsibility??? Seriously??? 53% of the adult population does not pay taxes... that means that 47% are carrying the load. You want personal responsibility? Then expect EVERYONE to pay for it.

EVERYONE.

What? crickets...

Yeah that's how you are...
Enjoy your victory... I look forward to finding whom you blame when the deficit screams up by another 10 Trillion...

Yup... you got me again. :roll:

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:Yup... you are.. You have discovered the key to the treasury. It will be over soon enough. You know nothing of the Constitution, and expect the Federal government to take care of you.

You should actually read the constitution... instead of what Nancy Pelosi tells you it says.

Personal Responsibility??? Seriously??? 53% of the adult population does not pay taxes... that means that 47% are carrying the load. You want personal responsibility? Then expect EVERYONE to pay for it.

EVERYONE.

What? crickets...

Yeah that's how you are...
Enjoy your victory... I look forward to finding whom you blame when the deficit screams up by another 10 Trillion...

Yup... you got me again. :roll:

Haha. I actually take care of myself, own my own house, pay my own taxes, and have my own healthcare, but yeah, I expect the government to take care of me :roll: Did you not see my indirect reference to the individual mandate that requires everyone to pay for their healthcare ie personal responsibility? That would mean everyone has to pay for insurance who can pay for it. Those who can't will have medicaid.

I know nothing of the Constitution? haha. Yeah, I just listen to the talking heads on the news...sure. It's not like I've never taken US history classes before and its not like they were recent either /sarcasm And the US Supreme Court just declared the healthcare law Constitutional soooooo.....moving on.

You sound like one of those right-winged Christians who are all about "God and Country" (which is an oxymoron in itself), but be damned if we are to make sure affordable healthcare is available to everyone. Jesus healed the sick and cured diseases, but it seems as though his followers didn't get the message that they should do whatever they can to help thy neighbor.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:44 pm

The Supreme Court is not infallible... that is the case here. This is clearly beyond the authority of the Federal Government... fine... we'll fix it at the ballot box... You may not have a problem with 53% of the population getting a free ride... but I do. You can continue to press for confiscatory and oppressive Federal policies... but that will continue to drive the nation into bankruptcy. Clearly, you DON'T get it. Somebody has to pay for it... and more and more of that 47% is getting sick of it.

You clearly listen to Pelosi (I wasn't aware that you considered her a talking head on the news... but whatever... ) instead of actually reading the Constitution... as you don't even realize that civil rights are NOT granted by the Federal Government... but the Constitution... which is expressly designed to LIMIT the powers of the Federal Government... not expand them, as you "progressives" intend. BTW... did you realize that "progressives" first introduced the concept of forced sterilization of the developmentally disabled? What an enlightened social philosophy!

Yup... Capster got me... I must be one of those "right-winged Christians who are all about "God and Country""...

Disagree with Obama, and I am clearly a bigoted, reactionary John Bircher, who tithes 40% to some backwoods fundamentalist sect...

libertarianism... look it up. I expect you to carry your own weight... trust me... do you seriously believe that 53% of Americans are incapable of paying for their own healthcare? That's what you are claiming...

I have no intention of paying for them. I want your hands out of my pockets...

Feel free, however, to pay as much of your own as you want.

You'd best fix it fast... or we are killing it, begining January 2013...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Countertrey wrote:You'd best fix it fast... or we are killing it, begining January 2013...

That'll never happen. They've already crossed the bridge. No way does Romney kill it, even if he did get elected. They talk a good game, but the government never gives up a power that it's taken. :idea:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Oh... it'll happen. They will have no choice. The 47% who pay taxes are about done. I'm sick of supporting the government, while layabouts demand more from me. Done.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm

And what comes after "Done?"
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Use your imagination... you will anyway...

heh, heh, heh...

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:53 am

Countertrey wrote:The Supreme Court is not infallible... that is the case here. This is clearly beyond the authority of the Federal Government... fine... we'll fix it at the ballot box... You may not have a problem with 53% of the population getting a free ride... but I do. You can continue to press for confiscatory and oppressive Federal policies... but that will continue to drive the nation into bankruptcy. Clearly, you DON'T get it. Somebody has to pay for it... and more and more of that 47% is getting sick of it.

You clearly listen to Pelosi (I wasn't aware that you considered her a talking head on the news... but whatever... ) instead of actually reading the Constitution... as you don't even realize that civil rights are NOT granted by the Federal Government... but the Constitution... which is expressly designed to LIMIT the powers of the Federal Government... not expand them, as you "progressives" intend. BTW... did you realize that "progressives" first introduced the concept of forced sterilization of the developmentally disabled? What an enlightened social philosophy!

Yup... Capster got me... I must be one of those "right-winged Christians who are all about "God and Country""...

Disagree with Obama, and I am clearly a bigoted, reactionary John Bircher, who tithes 40% to some backwoods fundamentalist sect...

libertarianism... look it up. I expect you to carry your own weight... trust me... do you seriously believe that 53% of Americans are incapable of paying for their own healthcare? That's what you are claiming...

I have no intention of paying for them. I want your hands out of my pockets...

Feel free, however, to pay as much of your own as you want.

You'd best fix it fast... or we are killing it, begining January 2013...

You do realize the why that the Constitution expanded Federal powers over that of the Articles of Confederation, right? Anyway, maybe healthcare is a bad thing. You know like keeping old folks alive is just keeping our society stagnant with their antiquated philosophies.

I can see that this is an impasse. You think I want an overly powerful Federal government just, because people need to pay for the healthcare that the receive. Got it.

Return to The Lounge