Fred Davis' Choices

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Fred Davis' Choices

Postby rick301 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 pm

As talented as FD is, he doesn't always make the best decisions. There was his suspension for repeatedly failing drug testing. Now there's this:

Redskins’ Fred Davis’s Legal Mess: Harassment Suit, Restraining Order
http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/capitalcomment/local-news/redskins-fred-davis-legal-mess-harassment-suit-restraining-order.php

FD has to watch his back and get himself some good legal advice.

The 'female' in the article really seems like a piece of work and gold digger.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:02 pm

He's clueless... a lawyer isn't going to help that.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Even the best attorneys can't really counsel stupid...

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:52 pm

He needs to drop whatever friends he's been hanging out with, and join a church where he can find a role model. Otherwise he'll either be kicked out of the league or broke by the time he retires.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:42 am

As a Skins faithful I am trying my best to like FD. I love his play on the field. His life choices make me think what an idiot. Seriously I would prefer not to hear about his personal life. Yet he cant help but bring attention unto himself by making these buffoon choices.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 am

Irn-Bru wrote:He needs to drop whatever friends he's been hanging out with, and join a church where he can find a role model. Otherwise he'll either be kicked out of the league or broke by the time he retires.

hahahaha

This made me bust out laughing. The biggest low lifes I've ever known in my entire life also happen to be bible thumpers on Sundays.

Want to find all the hot chicks in Austin who have been doing blow all weekend, go to the church in Westlake on Sunday...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:25 am

Fred Davis will mature. It takes time but he doesn't strike me as a thug.

Maybe with the arrival of Mr. Griffin he will learn a few things.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:25 am

I've seen no one use any terminology to suggest "thug". I used "clueless"... PE used "stupid". The commentary is on his ability to make choices... and apparent lack of awareness regarding the concept that actions have consequences...

Yes... Davis will mature. Someday. That leaves a pretty big window...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:31 am

Countertrey wrote:I've seen no one use any terminology to suggest "thug". I used "clueless"... PE used "stupid". The commentary is on his ability to make choices... and apparent lack of awareness regarding the concept that actions have consequences...

agreed - Davis is in for a rude awakening - like many, he seems to think he doesn't have to make a huge effort to be a success in the NFL

hopefully he gets with the program soon - these coaches will cut anyone on our squad that thinks they don't have to give 110% to make the roster

We are not good enough to have players like that

get with it Fred or get lost
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Countertrey wrote:I've seen no one use any terminology to suggest "thug". I used "clueless"... PE used "stupid". The commentary is on his ability to make choices... and apparent lack of awareness regarding the concept that actions have consequences...

Clueless and stupid are also looped into my definition of thug.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:59 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:He needs to drop whatever friends he's been hanging out with, and join a church where he can find a role model. Otherwise he'll either be kicked out of the league or broke by the time he retires.

hahahaha

This made me bust out laughing. The biggest low lifes I've ever known in my entire life also happen to be bible thumpers on Sundays.

Want to find all the hot chicks in Austin who have been doing blow all weekend, go to the church in Westlake on Sunday...

Meh. He needs a positive influence from someone, and I'm guessing that he might not have many people in his family who can give that to him. Maybe some former coaches / mentors from college or a Redskins alumn could step in more. And regardless of whether he finds religion by going to church, he'll be able to get some guidance and direction by doing so.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Davis just needs to man up, grow up, sack up, whatever you want to call it.

I really do think that in the next few years, maybe even this year too you will see RG3's positive influence spread throughout this team.

If I was around someone like that, I could see myself reflecting the same behavior. Fortunately all of my friends although not very nice to talk to, love drinking beer and picking up strange. We get along great.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:27 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:Davis just needs to man up, grow up, sack up, whatever you want to call it.

He does, but "just needs to" isn't going to leave him with very good odds. I think he'll be much better off by seeking help. For whatever reason, the traditional places to find that help (family, friends) are failing him — and, I bet, in the case of friends harming him. He needs to take positive action to avoid future problems.

I really do think that in the next few years, maybe even this year too you will see RG3's positive influence spread throughout this team.

Agreed.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:21 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:

Clueless and stupid are also looped into my definition of thug.

Then your definition needs serious work... how would I describe it?... clueless and stupid come to mind... :twisted:

Postby yupchagee » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:23 pm

We all hope so, but while growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football