RGIII on "The Herd" This Morning

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

RGIII on "The Herd" This Morning

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 am

ESPN News 572 on FIOS ... @ 11:00 am.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:22 am

Needless to say - a real good interview.

When asked about his role:

"My job is to be the point guard of the team and throw out assists."

When asked about the all-star game, Bryce Harper, and will he watch:

"Baseball is the first sport I ever played."

"I was a homerun hitter."

When asked about being a presenter for the Gatorade Athlete of the Year:

"The Gatorade Athlete of the Year, of course, I won, um, you know, back, uh, actually when I was a a junior, um, you know, for track and field, and uh, it just, to me, it's just great to to be able to go out and uh give an award that not only, you know, showcases your skills on the field or on the track or whatever sport it is that you do, but um, also what you do in the community, uh, and for your school. So, you know, I take pride in that and I'll be excited to go out and be a presenter and be a part of the show."

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:14 pm

i just knew in my brief time away.. my boy darth would have the latest and greatest updates on our boy RGIII!
Nice work buddy!

but.. uh.. um... wheres the link???
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:14 am

I would have enjoyed hearing this...especially with some of the thoughts that herd has had on the Redskins chances this season.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:i just knew in my brief time away.. my boy darth would have the latest and greatest updates on our boy RGIII!
Nice work buddy!

but.. uh.. um... wheres the link???

I just listened and did my best Closed Captioning ... but I just found this:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8147101

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Don't kill me for this but I would really be happy if RG3 was 100% focused to working with the WR's and learning the offense. He may be doing this. I'm not sure b/c I'm not in the building or privy to what he's doing. But just this week, I've seen where he's doing a ton of interviews and tweeting out VET players asking why they play. If RG3 had been in the league a few years and been productive, I'd be ok with it but until he plays, I'd love for his focus to be 100% on making sure the job gets done and we win games.

Not blasting the guy but something I don't really care for from Rookies in general.

Please don't kill me!!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Don't kill me for this but I would really be happy if RG3 was 100% focused to working with the WR's and learning the offense. He may be doing this. I'm not sure b/c I'm not in the building or privy to what he's doing. But just this week, I've seen where he's doing a ton of interviews and tweeting out VET players asking why they play. If RG3 had been in the league a few years and been productive, I'd be ok with it but until he plays, I'd love for his focus to be 100% on making sure the job gets done and we win games.

Not blasting the guy but something I don't really care for from Rookies in general.

Please don't kill me!!!!

+100

I told my wife a while back, I think RG3 was on some late night talk show or something.. I said to her, I'd rather him NOT be doing anything at all except learning our playbook, and learning about the Skins FANS culture around here.

GREAT POST FRANK!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:55 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Don't kill me for this but I would really be happy if RG3 was 100% focused to working with the WR's and learning the offense. He may be doing this. I'm not sure b/c I'm not in the building or privy to what he's doing. But just this week, I've seen where he's doing a ton of interviews and tweeting out VET players asking why they play. If RG3 had been in the league a few years and been productive, I'd be ok with it but until he plays, I'd love for his focus to be 100% on making sure the job gets done and we win games.

Please don't kill me!!!!

+100

I told my wife a while back, I think RG3 was on some late night talk show or something.. I said to her, I'd rather him NOT be doing anything at all except learning our playbook, and learning about the Skins FANS culture around here.

GREAT POST FRANK!

Shoot!

Does that mean we can't kill him now.....?????

:roll:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:19 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Don't kill me for this but I would really be happy if RG3 was 100% focused to working with the WR's and learning the offense.

Well he's already held a private camp with our WRs, which is more than any other quarterback (let along a rookie) has ever done. And from all reports he's learned the playbook faster than anyone anticipated.

It's not at all clear that he'd have gotten more accomplished had he done no interviews or not played videogames or done whatever else he does to unwind every now and again. People need their downtime; they can't literally be working on one thing 24/7.

Because his progress has been so visibly solid, I don't see why we should assume he's not doing everything in his power to prepare. Let's revisit this subject if it turns out he's really struggling to pick up an NFL offense.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:31 pm

You have to remember that this young man is graduating with his Masters... He is someone who is extremely intelligent, learns very quickly, has a mastery of interpersonal interactions, and knows how to use his time efficiently.

I have no concern, at all, that he is not all over his own development... just wait.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Countertrey wrote:You have to remember that this young man is graduating with his Masters... He is someone who is extremely intelligent, learns very quickly, has a mastery of interpersonal interactions, and knows how to use his time efficiently.

I have no concern, at all, that he is not all over his own development... just wait.

Also graduated from High School a semester early. For what that's worth.

I do agree with Frank, in spirit at least, that I'd like him to be only focused on his job. . . as I sit at work typing this post.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Countertrey wrote:You have to remember that this young man is graduating with his Masters

He is someone who is extremely intelligent, learns very quickly, has a mastery of interpersonal interactions, & knows how to use his time efficiently.

I have no concern, at all, that he is not all over his own development ... just wait.

+ 1000

thanks CT - I'm not concerned either

there's ABSOLUTELY no reason to think RGIII is not doing all he can - END OF CONCERN

this is the worst time of year - I cannot wait to get some real news and some real perspective of how things are going
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Goodness gracious, you guys have such unrealistic expectations of someone that you spend ABSOLUTELY NO TIME WITH.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:00 pm

I heard RG3 can shoot flames from his eyes and launch fire balls from his hands.

We really should not be concerned.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:49 pm

:shock: I'm not concerned - this kid is NOT Superman - he's just going to be a really good QB - nothing more and nothing less :lol:

in time, he could even be great .... AND he's a Redskin .... how good is that :lol:

man oh man .... some of you guys are just so over the top ....

let it be :roll:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football