Rumour Mill: Hankerson & Cooley

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Rumour Mill: Hankerson & Cooley

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:22 pm

So, take it with a grain of salt. BUT ... rumour has it that

1) Hankerson will not be ready to start this season. Worse, there seem to be indications that he may not heal fully to play without risk of serious re-injury.

2) Cooley, it seems as if that nagging injury is not going away either.

Hankerson definitely might be out but Cooley's health situation (and his cap number) are still under consideration.

Of course, I do not have a link. So, do not ask for one. :wink:

You know that I would not post this if I had not had at least a credible source (but no independent confirmation). Please do not ask for it either. :cry:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Will be interesting and can change the roster quite a bit if Hank isn't healthy. If Cooley can't go, that'll leave room for Paulsen as well or one of the other guys we brought in. Have no question in my mind that Paul will be on the 53. Shanny loves his skillset.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:21 pm

This certainly suggests that Hankerson's injury was more than a torn labrum...as they had reported...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Re: Rumour Mill: Hankerson & Cooley

Postby Skeletor » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Hankerson definitely might be out

as long as you are absolutely sort of positively but not quite sure about this...

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:So, take it with a grain of salt. BUT ... rumour has it that

1) Hankerson will not be ready to start this season. Worse, there seem to be indications that he may not heal fully to play without risk of serious re-injury.

2) Cooley, it seems as if that nagging injury is not going away either.

Hankerson definitely might be out but Cooley's health situation (and his cap number) are still under consideration.

Of course, I do not have a link. So, do not ask for one. :wink:

You know that I would not post this if I had not had at least a credible source (but no independent confirmation). Please do not ask for it either. :cry:

The Cooley thing is news to me. Every report I have heard on him is he feels better than he has felt in years.

The Hankerson thing was expected. He was still on crutches like a month ago.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 pm

I could see them starting the year on PUP and coming in after week 6. Davis will be fine at TE and we have enough WR to cover the Hankerson injury for the time being.
XVII XXII XXVI

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:03 pm

It makes me think that the Hankerson thing may have been a BUST move...
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Skeletor wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:

as long as you are absolutely sort of positively but not quite sure about this...

You are right. No independent confirmation yet. It will come after training camp starts in a few days.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:50 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:It makes me think that the Hankerson thing may have been a BUST move...

Can't say it's a bust because in the one season he's played and saw significant snaps, he was proactive.

Now, if you're speaking about avoiding surgery, that's not a bust move - it just didn't work. Anytime you open the body up and do a procedure, your likelihood of recovery is lessened. Now, if it's an injury that requires surgery then that's what you have to do (ex: ACL). In his situation, he went to the best Dr. and they said hold off. They did and it didn't work. He had surgery and now it appears they are constantly evaluating him and being safe. It's good that they're doing that. Last thing we need to do is have another Malcolm Kelly situation on our hands where we rush him back on the field and he get's hurt again. The kid is talented and lets make sure he gets healthy before he's on the field. He's a vital tool to our future success.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Terrible news, but I'll hold out hope. Mike said that the kid could have participated during mini-camp, so unless he re-injured himself, I don't see the need to mislead us about his availability.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Skeletor wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:

You are right. No independent confirmation yet. It will come after training camp starts in a few days.

Wow! I have no idea where you're getting your information but I will be impressed if you're right.

Bummer if its true though. I wouldn't be entirely surprised or concerned about Hankerson. But it would be really bad news for Cooley IMO.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Both are non factors anyways.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:31 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:Both are non factors anyways.

That's a stupid stance to take on it.

Using that train of "thought", Jarvis Jenkins would be a non-factor for the 2012 season if he got injured, right? :roll:

This is a main reason why I support players getting paid whenever they can.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:Both are non factors anyways.

That's a stupid stance to take on it.

Using that train of "thought", Jarvis Jenkins would be a non-factor for the 2012 season if he got injured, right? :roll:

This is a main reason why I support players getting paid whenever they can.

It's not stupid if I didnt expect them to do much when healthy anyways. This has nothing to do with Jenkins.

Cooley has been banged up for a while, Hankerson didnt play when healthy.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:27 pm

He was a rookie who was considered to be Raw coming in. So, the first real opportunity he had, he got over 100 yds receiving vs a VERY good Miami 2ndary. Unfortunately he got hurt in the same game. Too bad.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football