This is all we need right now....RG3 hasn't signed yet.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:54 pm

See the problem is that if they just agree to his entire contract being guaranteed, going forward, agents will use this as a reference point that all contracts are guaranteed regardless if the player in on the team or not.

Now, it would be safe to assume that then VET players would like to do the same.

Could you imagine the dead cap monies that would be go against the cap and limit what teams could do? It wouldn't work and this agent is not being wise in representing his client. The best contract RG3 can get is the contract that slotted for his draft position. Then it's up to RG3 to go in and perform to get the real contract after year 3.

This is not good for NFL teams in any way, shape or form and I for one would fully support the Redskins holding off if that is going to be there position.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:29 pm

This explains both sides of the coin.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:09 pm

good read. Offset Language or not, If I'm the team, I don't want to pay for a guy who's getting paid somewhere else.

Postby Jak101 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:11 pm

RGIII absolutely needs to be building a relationship with the WRs right now. I don't like this one bit.
-Jacqueline

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Jak101 wrote:RGIII absolutely needs to be building a relationship with the WRs right now. I don't like this one bit.

The only players he could be building a relationship with right now are other rookies and players with less than one accrued year in the NFL.
The only WRs on that list would be Darius Hanks, Lance Lewis, Brian Hernandez, Samuel Kirkland, and Hankerson if he wasn't still rehabbing. He's not missing much considering the WRs spent time with him in Waco during the break after OTAs
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:05 pm

I would say the benefit of being there right now would be executing the offensive plays. It may not be a bad thing for Cousins to get a few reps as well.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 pm

imo this needs to be done RIGHT, but the missing of Rookie camp isnt a big deal.. as was said he already has been developing continuity w the WR he will be throwing to... and if anyone thinks this kid isnt going to study the playbook while not at camp you are trippin.
had all the vets been there this week then ya sound the alarm.. as of now? its just business dont trip
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:07 am

frankcal20 wrote:good read. Offset Language or not, If I'm the team, I don't want to pay for a guy who's getting paid somewhere else.

If RGIII is on another team in 4 years, there will be a lot worse things going on than some money...

There is no reasonable circumstance in which he will not be on this team in 4 years.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 am

I agree with you but keep in mind that this offset language applies to all draft picks. Not just RG3. Like Josh LeRibus all the way down to the 7th round pick.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:39 am

frankcal20 wrote:I agree with you but keep in mind that this offset language applies to all draft picks. Not just RG3. Like Josh LeRibus all the way down to the 7th round pick.

Ahhh... Good point, I didn't think about that.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:I agree with you but keep in mind that this offset language applies to all draft picks. Not just RG3. Like Josh LeRibus all the way down to the 7th round pick.

Which is why the team can't let the precedent be set. As much as I want RGIII to sign, it's in the team's best interests not to cave on this issue.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:13 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Which is why the team can't let the precedent be set. As much as I want RGIII to sign, it's in the team's best interests not to cave on this issue.

But it seems as though the Panthers have already set it... I can't see a 9th round pick getting a better deal than those below him.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:21 am

The Panthers set it for the Panthers. They also didn't include offset language in Cam's contract last year. There are still nine of the top 11 picks unsigned. That means that other teams are still debating if they want to follow that trend.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Hang on. Are you saying that if they allow the offset language into griffin's K, they are legally mandated (by CBA) to put it into every other pick's K (either this year or every year after)? Or are you saying that If they give on the OFfset language with their presumed franchise qb that other draft picks will want to argue that a precedent has been set and they should get it to.

I thought you were saying the latter previously, but now it sounds as if you are saying the former. If it is the former, my bad, I missed that and I change my stance, Skins should hold firm. IF it is just their (and your?) presumption that they'll lose leverage with other players' contracts (be it future #1s (of which we have none for 2 yrs, btw) or other picks this year (of which there's only one not signed right now), or all draft picks till the end of time), then I maintain my original stance.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby spenser » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm

1niksder wrote:
Jak101 wrote:RGIII absolutely needs to be building a relationship with the WRs right now. I don't like this one bit.

The only players he could be building a relationship with right now are other rookies and players with less than one accrued year in the NFL.
The only WRs on that list would be Darius Hanks, Lance Lewis, Brian Hernandez, Samuel Kirkland, and Hankerson if he wasn't still rehabbing. He's not missing much considering the WRs spent time with him in Waco during the break after OTAs

Yea, What he said

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football