ACW's Fantasy League (nfl.com)

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:30 am

Hey Commish, why do you have FA locks on? You should be able to pick up a FA at any time.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:11 am

Deadskins wrote:Hey Commish, why do you have FA locks on? You should be able to pick up a FA at any time.
They lock at gametime. All should be open now.

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:13 am

Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:Dominating win it looks like despite Stafford doing jack. Thank you Reggie Bush.

You should be thanking me for not starting RGIII. :roll:
Nah dude. Even if you had started him and Smith over Moore, I still would've won. Stafford needs to step it up though.

You didn't take McGahee into account, though. Still, you won fair and square.
That is true about McGahee. Who knew though? In my other league, I lost because I started Rodgers over luck (10 vs. 18 points; lost by 2).

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 am

ACW wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Hey Commish, why do you have FA locks on? You should be able to pick up a FA at any time.
They lock at gametime. All should be open now.

Yes, I know. I'm saying you should change that setting to no locking on FAs.

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Ya but locking em prevents people from grabbing players who do well during a game right away... waiting until the lock was lifted today I added a lot of.players that wouldn't have been there.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:14 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Ya but locking em prevents people from grabbing players who do well during a game right away... waiting until the lock was lifted today I added a lot of.players that wouldn't have been there.

I know. That's the same argument I gave for having at least some waiver period for dropped players, but that gets shot down every time I bring it up. But FAs are just that, Free Agents. They are on the open market and it should be first come, first served. Dropped players, should go through the process, and allow the worst team (or the next in the waiver order) first crack. My 2 cents

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:Ya but locking em prevents people from grabbing players who do well during a game right away... waiting until the lock was lifted today I added a lot of.players that wouldn't have been there.

I know. That's the same argument I gave for having at least some waiver period for dropped players, but that gets shot down every time I bring it up. But FAs are just that, Free Agents. They are on the open market and it should be first come, first served. Dropped players, should go through the process, and allow the worst team (or the next in the waiver order) first crack. My 2 cents

Sounds like "someone" will he a commissioner next year.. :idea:
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm already a Commissioner. One league is enough. But I do try to steer my fellow Commishes in the right direction. :wink:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Oh come on people, isn't it already enough that I don't require waivers? :P

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:07 pm

ACW wrote:Oh come on people, isn't it already [bad] enough that I don't require waivers? :P

Yes, and you compound the problem by locking FAs. Free Agents should be free to sign with whoever, and dropped players must clear waivers first. It's standard football.

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:Oh come on people, isn't it already [bad] enough that I don't require waivers? :P

Yes, and you compound the problem by locking FAs. Free Agents should be free to sign with whoever, and dropped players must clear waivers first. It's standard football.

I actually like this and agree.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 am

Well, you know what, it's my league, and if you don't like it...

I apolotgize and will try to do better next time :lol:

(Though I DO believe I asked everyone to look at the rules before the draft...).

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 am

ACW wrote:(Though I DO believe I asked everyone to look at the rules before the draft...).

I did look at the scoring, and proposed changes, which you made. I didn't really look at the waiver/ FA thing though. I'm not sure I would have noticed the FA lock though, having never played the NFL's FF before. It's not too late to make the change if the majority of the owners vote for it. :wink:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:(Though I DO believe I asked everyone to look at the rules before the draft...).

I did look at the scoring, and proposed changes, which you made. I didn't really look at the waiver/ FA thing though. I'm not sure I would have noticed the FA lock though, having never played the NFL's FF before. It's not too late to make the change if the majority of the owners vote for it. :wink:
Alright, let's vote. I'll put the poll up (keeping the no waivers though).

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Jus keep it... Might as well get used to a different way of doing things I say

Return to General Manager's Office