Griffin III signs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Griffin III signs

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:From Twitter

Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII
Well people....It's Time to go to Work!!! Off the unemployment line and oh yea

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Good morning: Redskins signed Robert Griffin III.

John Keim ‏@john_keim
As confirmation, which we probably didn't need, but was told Robert Griffin III has agreed to terms. Signing this morning. #redskins

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell
Source confirms RG3 is signing his deal this morning. No word yet on the status of offset language in the deal. #Redskins

Well, he's ALMOST signed ;-)

:up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:33 am

Great! Time to go to work.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:50 am

Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 am

Well that was easy! :up:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:03 am

LETS DO THIS RG3!!!

piggie

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:05 am

Is he reporting to camp this morning?

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:07 am

That's a safe assumption.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:14 am

I figured that the Redskins would cave-in... It was dumb for them to make this an issue as it pertained to RGIII specifically.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:22 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/quarterback-robert-griffin-iii-signs-four-year-21-million-contract-with-redskins/2012/07/18/gJQA3DbLtW_blog.html?wprss=rss_football-insider

No offset clauses apparently....

Can someone post what it says plz. I'm at work and the pc I'm using sucks. It wont load the page.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:28 am

Quarterback Robert Griffin III signs four-year, $21 million contract with Redskins
By Mark Maske and Mike Jones

Quarterback Robert Griffin III has agreed to a contract with the Washington Redskins.

Griffin. the second overall selection in the NFL draft in April, agreed to the contract late Tuesday night and is expected to join other Redskins rookies at the team’s training facility, a person familiar with the deal said.
Quarterback Robert Griffin III makes it official. (via @redskins )

The second overall pick of the NFL Draft, Griffin tweeted Wednesday morning, “Well people.... It's Time to go to Work!!! off the unemployment line and oh yeah HTTR!!!!"

Under the terms of the sport’s rookie pay system, Griffin’s deal is for four years and contains a fifth-year option. It is expected to be worth about $21 million and to be fully guaranteed, with a signing bonus of $14 million.

Griffin was expected to sign the contract Wednesday morning before joining other rookies at Redskins Park, the person familiar with the deal said.

Griffin was absent Monday and Tuesday when other Redskins rookies gathered for conditioning workouts and classroom work prior to next week’s opening of training camp.

Redskins veterans report to camp next Wednesday and the opening practice of camp is scheduled for the following day.

Griffin, the Heisman Trophy winner at Baylor last season, already has been named the Redskins’ starter by Coach Mike Shanahan.

The team's final unsigned rookie is its third-round pick, guard Josh LeRibeus.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:28 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/quarterback-robert-griffin-iii-signs-four-year-21-million-contract-with-redskins/2012/07/18/gJQA3DbLtW_blog.html?wprss=rss_football-insider

No offset clauses apparently....

Can someone post what it says plz. I'm at work and the pc I'm using sucks. It wont load the page.

Quarterback Robert Griffin III agrees to four-year, $21 million contract with Redskins

Quarterback Robert Griffin III has agreed to a contract with the Washington Redskins.

Griffin. the second overall selection in the NFL draft in April, agreed to the contract late Tuesday night and is expected to join other Redskins rookies at the team’s training facility, a person familiar with the deal said.

The second overall pick of the NFL Draft, Griffin tweeted Wednesday morning, “Well people.... It's Time to go to Work!!! off the unemployment line and oh yeah HTTRR!!!!"

Under the terms of the sport’s rookie pay system, Griffin’s deal is for four years and contains a fifth-year option. It is expected to be worth about $21 million and to be fully guaranteed, with a signing bonus of $14 million.

Griffin was expected to sign the contract Wednesday morning before joining other rookies at Redskins Park, the person familiar with the deal said.

Griffin was absent Monday and Tuesday when other Redskins rookies gathered for conditioning workouts and classroom work prior to next week’s opening of training camp.

Redskins veterans report to camp next Wednesday and the opening practice of camp is scheduled for the following day.

Griffin, the Heisman Trophy winner at Baylor last season, already has been named the Redskins’ starter by Coach Mike Shanahan.

The team's final unsigned rookie is its third-round pick, guard Josh LeRibeus.

I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:32 am

:D Thanks

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:45 am

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:09 am

Good deal!

Man I'm trying hard to enjoy the summer, beach, etc; But I cannot WAIT to see this kid playing this fall.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:15 am

btw I am really loving the top two headlines on ESPN NFL right now:

Redskins sign Heisman-winning QB Griffin III

Police: Dez Bryant allegedly assaulted mom

LMAO!!!!! Go Boys!!!

I wish the third top story was

Source: Vick to retire early to attend veterinarian school

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football