Hall: RGIII is worst QB until he proves otherwise

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Hall: RGIII is worst QB until he proves otherwise

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 pm

No word on when DeAngelo Hall plans on proving that he's not the worst — oh, sorry, wrong thread for that. :whistle:

Just kidding. He's actually rather positive on the young man.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... ll-insider

DeAngelo Hall: Robert Griffin III is worst QB in NFC East until he proves otherwise

Washington Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III has impressed teammates and coaches alike with his poise on and off the field, and with the glimpses of ability he has shown during offseason practices. But Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall says that although he thinks highly of his new teammate, the rookie still has much to prove – especially in the highly competitive NFC East.

Griffin will face defenses led by pass-rushers like DeMarcus Ware of the Cowboys, Jason Pierre-Paul and Osi Umenyiora of the Giants, and Jason Babin of the Eagles. Griffin also will engage in duels with Pro Bowl quarterbacks Eli Manning, Michael Vick and Tony Romo.

So Hall cautions that expectations should be tempered despite Griffin’s impressive college resume, the hype and the infusion of life Griffin has given the Redskins.

“He’s probably right now, the worst quarterback in our division. He hasn’t taken a snap,” Hall said bluntly. “He has that title until he takes a snap and goes out and proves he’s something.”

Hall also said, “It starts in our division, man. We ain’t looking at nobody else. Our division is so tough. Great quarterbacks. … We have to prove we can get past our division first. We get past our division and we make the playoffs, and the last couple years, we haven’t been able to do that. That’s why we haven’t been in the playoffs.”

Hall said that he does believe that in Griffin, the Redskins finally have a quarterback who will give them a chance to become contenders. But it will be a process.

“I guess it all starts at quarterback is what everybody always says. We’ve finally got one that we feel can hold his own against some of these other guys in the league, and you put that together with offensive line, receivers, defense, we have a chance to compete,” Hall said. “But none of that means nothing unless you can go out and play.”

Hall anticipates that in time, Griffin will create nightmares for opposing defenses.

“Just watching him, making throws and things like that, you can tell the kid can make every throw on the field and use his legs to help extend the play,” Hall said. “As a DB, you hate that. You hate to see a quarterback, where you feel like, ‘Oh, man, we got him,’ and then the play’s still going on. He brings that dynamic to the game.”

Inside linebacker London Fletcher agrees, and likens Griffin’s potential impact to Vick’s.

“Any time you have a quarterback that can extend plays, or make plays that are off-schedule, so to speak, when things don’t go the right way; a quarterback that can buy time, has the threat to make plays outside the pocket, defensively, you’re kind of always on your heels, because you don’t know if he’s going to run the ball or throw it. … You see stuff like that with Michael Vick now – once he got to Philadelphia. Now, when he gets outside the pocket, you don’t know if he’s going to run the football, or if he’ll continue to look down the field and throw the football. Robert, he’ll be able to do those things as well.”
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:53 am

Finally DeAngelo Hall opens his mouth and says something I agree with. I think that's the best attitude for a rookie QB to have. You are the worst QB until you prove otherwise.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 am

And RGIII stated as such a month for two ago...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:04 am

I said I agreed with him, not that what he said was original.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:I said I agreed with him, not that what he said was original.

That wasnt really aimed at you.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piglet

Postby SkinsWild » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:49 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:Finally DeAngelo Hall opens his mouth and says something I agree with.

Ditto here. Some corner backs should be seen and not heard.

I couldn't be higher on LGIII.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:37 pm

DeAngelo is da man. Tell him like it is D !!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

SkinsWild wrote:I couldn't be higher on LGIII.

Who?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsWild wrote:I couldn't be higher on LGIII.

Who?

Had a 3GLTE once...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby the poster » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm

the gamble:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-g ... --nfl.html

and yes, i'm aware they didnt mention the 5th round pick nobody adam gettis.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 pm

A bias article by a SKINS hater like your self, and it told us nothing. The gnats, decals, and pukes all have similar o line woes. Losing so much cap may have prevented us from addressing it better but Williams is a pro bowler and the rest are average. Nothing new.
But wow such a hater always has Sooooo much time to search for crap on us? Sfu go to the SMACK forum. There is already a welcoming thread for ya homegirl
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby the poster » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:19 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:A bias article by a SKINS hater like your self, and it told us nothing.

your team gave up 41 sacks last year. but yeah, youre right, lets not let the facts get in the way, its simply that anyone who sees the redskins for what they are, like me, are biased or a "hater".

meanwhile, 5 wins last year. 6 the year before.

The gnats, decals, and pukes

really? are you serious? what are you like, 12 years old?

but Williams is a pro bowler

without ever being to one....that's great......keep the redskin fan stereotype strong....talk first and have your team try to back it up second.

and the rest are average. Nothing new.

no, the rest SUCK.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:53 pm

My bad *fecals.
The average time rex held the ball and his rubberband legs fed that stat. Any half wit football fan or beat writer aut ta know that.
Blah blah, blah blah blah,
*smack*
Cmon down princess
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby the poster » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:13 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:My bad *fecals.
The average time rex held the ball and his rubberband legs fed that stat. Any half wit football fan or beat writer aut ta know that.

of course it was. The only thing I'm upset about is that i didnt write in YOUR response before YOU did....because it's that predictable.

yes, i know, its all last year's QB's fault. That's nice and easy for you. You know why? Because it saves you the responsibility of judging your team honestly and perhaps harshly.

i have good news for you. You have another built in excuse this year! Hey, RG3's just a rookie, you have to expect growing pains. (meanwhile, Jason babin is using whoever the RT is as a turnstile)

with this, you have excuses every single year. your team is in last place every year. and it's always the fault of somebody that the redskins will have fixed for the upcoming year.

i wonder who is going to be the culprit for this year's losing team? I guess I can place my bets now.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:16 pm

*smack*

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football