RGIII is a Rookie, Garcon Stands Out

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

RGIII is a Rookie, Garcon Stands Out

Postby 1niksder » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Washington Redskins’ First Open Practice: RGIII is a Rookie, Garcon Stands Out

We finally got a chance to see Robert Griffin III, live and throwing. After a short glimpse of heaven, we started to feel the other side of that coin; 100-plus degree temperatures. It was a packed first day. Everyone was excited to see the new stars, but several vets were showered with love too.

Now, getting into the notes:

Pierre Garcon and Josh Morgan are going to be the two starting, outside receivers. Both made some great, tough catches, but it was Garcon who really stood out. If I had to pick someone to be RGIII's "early favorite," it would be Pierre. RGIII's first completion was to form Indianapolis receiver, down the sideline, over the shoulder–beautiful throw and catch.

Robert Griffin III had some accuracy issues throughout the day. For what reasons, I couldn't tell you. He did, however, hit many of his timing throws from under center and showed great body posture throughout the practice. I'm a little afraid that fans will want perfection out of RGIII early in the season, without ever giving him time to be a rookie. Let's all remember that he is.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DarthMonk

Re: RGIII is a Rookie, Garcon Stands Out

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 pm

1niksder wrote:Washington Redskins’ First Open Practice: RGIII is a Rookie, Garcon Stands Out

We finally got a chance to see Robert Griffin III, live and throwing. After a short glimpse of heaven, we started to feel the other side of that coin; 100-plus degree temperatures. It was a packed first day. Everyone was excited to see the new stars, but several vets were showered with love too.

Now, getting into the notes:

Pierre Garcon and Josh Morgan are going to be the two starting, outside receivers. Both made some great, tough catches, but it was Garcon who really stood out. If I had to pick someone to be RGIII's "early favorite," it would be Pierre. RGIII's first completion was to form Indianapolis receiver, down the sideline, over the shoulder–beautiful throw and catch.

Robert Griffin III had some accuracy issues throughout the day. For what reasons, I couldn't tell you. He did, however, hit many of his timing throws from under center and showed great body posture throughout the practice. I'm a little afraid that fans will want perfection out of RGIII early in the season, without ever giving him time to be a rookie. Let's all remember that he is.

Link is whack.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Worked fine for me :shock:<----- try this one.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 pm

If Hankserson is healthy he should be starting alongside Garçon. I'd much rather see him get the chance to learn on the job instead of Morgan taking his snaps.
Suck and Luck

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Morgan will impress.. bank on it.. but ya ima long term Hanktime hopefull too.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piglet

Postby SkinsWild » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Yikes Morgan. I would feel better about RGIII if he had more weapons, but I still think he will find a away to get it done. I think the defense will be the weak link to determine how far the Redskins make it this season.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Trolling? Or... Garsçon, Moss, Davis and helu/Hightower/ Royster are all pretty good weapons to me. How much should a team have? Add Hanktime Cooley and Morgan that's a lot better then most recent skins qbs had.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:If Hankserson is healthy he should be starting alongside Garçon. I'd much rather see him get the chance to learn on the job instead of Morgan taking his snaps.

](*,)

GARCON/MORGAN/MOSS.. anything else is just.. well.. its wack.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:If Hankserson is healthy he should be starting alongside Garçon. I'd much rather see him get the chance to learn on the job instead of Morgan taking his snaps.

With Morgan being injured, it looks like Hankerson is getting his chance to make the case for starting alongside Garcon . . . and all reports are that he's taking advantage of the opportunity.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Most here realize that RGIII is a rookie and that he'll make some mistakes as he becomes the great QB that most here expect him to be

NOBODY (well most of us) expects him to be a great NFL QB this season

RGIII is a rookie QB that is going to be a great QB ........... it will take time :D
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:37 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Most here realize that RGIII is a rookie and that he'll make some mistakes as he becomes the great QB that most here expect him to be

NOBODY (well most of us) expects him to be a great NFL QB this season

RGIII is a rookie QB that is going to be a great QB ........... it will take time :D

With his cost, I EXPECT him to be the next Joe Montana.. RIGHT NOW!!!!

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:57 pm

there is no way this kid will not be really good :D

His talent is going to be a huge help here but it's still a team game

If Joe Montana was playing here with the same group around him as RGIII is going to have - it would not change things too much

I do think he's a huge upgrade over what we had last year :roll:

I'm very excited about RGIII playing here but there's only so much we can expect with what we have right now
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:15 pm

I spent last Sunday watching YouTube videos of RGIII. There's some great vids that show only his plays, good, bad, warts and all.

I needed to see him throw some interceptions. I needed to see him float an incompletion and get sacked and fumble etc, because I gotta tell you, I was starting to believe this kid could walk on water.

Do yourself the favor and check them out by searching for "Robert Griffin III vs"

Some things I did notice from the videos I watched:

His O-Line SUCKED (that should help him here)

Even when it looked like he could run for 10-15 yards, he's usually looking for the deep route.

His feet are always moving. I went back and watched highlights of Rex from last year for comparison and Rex might as well have been a statue comparatively.

He usually hits his receivers in stride. Again, looking at last season, Rex was hitting stationary receivers a lot. This is why RGIII has so many passing yards, it YAC.

Check out the videos if you haven't already.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm expecting seeing an upgrade at QB but I don't expect this kid to be the best QB in the NFE East as soon as many others here

he's a rookie ....

it's certainly not going to be too difficult for him to show that he's a better QB than we've had in some time here

at the same time

it's still going to take some time for RGIII to be a great NFL QB :roll:

HAIL

Currently 50-41

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:29 am

Didn't Morgan smoke us last year? I know Garcon did last time we played the colts. Maybe that's why we got em. I'm sure they can just play whoever's healthiest between Morgan and Hankerson.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football