Skins sign WR Dezmon Briscoe

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Skins sign WR Dezmon Briscoe

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Skins claimed Dezmon Briscoe off waivers from TB. Only reason I can find that he was cut was b/c he skipped their workouts but it appears that he knew he wouldn't be back. Was a 6th round pick by Cincy out of Kansas. A guy on twitter said he led the Bucs in TDs last year.

Redskins claimed WR Dezmon Briscoe off waivers from the Buccaneers.
The Raheem Morris connection pays off for Briscoe. A talented but unfocused 22-year-old, Briscoe led the 2011 Buccaneers in touchdowns (6) and has some appeal as a red-zone threat. The new regime in Tampa Bay got rid of Briscoe because he skipped offseason workouts and failed his conditioning test to open training camp. Briscoe will battle for a roster spot in Washington.

Updated

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:34 pm

He was the go to guy at Kansas.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Based on what I've read, if he can get his head out of his butt, he can stay on the roster here. Competition isn't a bad thing.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:40 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Based on what I've read, if he can get his head out of his butt, he can stay on the roster here. Competition isn't a bad thing.

100% agree.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:53 pm

he's no Jabar Gaffney...

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:55 pm

What are his measurements?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:What are his measurements?

From the who stays who goes thread....

1niksder wrote:How about this?

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
#Redskins claimed WR Dezmon Briscoe off waivers from the Buccaneers, source confirmed

Briscoe is listed as 6'2, 210 lbs from Dallas, TX. Played at Kansas and was drafted in the 6th Rd by Cincy.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey, that was my tweet!!!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Just read on twitter that WR Brian Hernandez was released to make room.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Hey, that was my tweet!!!!

It was quicker than Google :lol:

frankcal20 wrote:Just read on twitter that WR Brian Hernandez was released to make room.

He practice early, now we know why
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:12 pm

1niksder wrote:

It was quicker than Google :lol:

frankcal20 wrote:Just read on twitter that WR Brian Hernandez was released to make room.

He practice early, now we know why
He left practice early....Trying to help.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Got you covered on the "Who Stay..." thread
Jake Russell‏@_JakeRussell

RT @frankcal20 Briscoe is listed as 6'2, 210 lbs from Dallas, TX. Played at Kansas and was drafted in the 6th Rd by Cincy

Red_One43 wrote:
Looks like we just added a new player to our thread.

You go Jake and look at Frank on the ball.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:35 pm

It won’t help his cause that Briscoe failed to show up to Bucs camp in good enough shape to pass Greg Schiano’s conditioning test, according to the Tampa Bay Times. He wasn’t a regular attendee at the team’s offseason workouts so that failure likely amounted to the last straw for Schiano, who has spent much of the offseason clearing the roster of players from the Raheem Morris years.

Morris is now in Washington, of course, which probably helped Briscoe land on his feet. Given the looks of things on the depth chart, Briscoe, who had 35 catches for 387 yards last season and led the Buccaneers with six touchdown catches, will need more of that help to wind up on the 53-man roster.

Shanny doesn't cut guys who faile to show up for OTAs and fail the conditioning test. He just makes them take it over and over till they pass it. :wink:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... f-waivers/

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:26 pm

John Keim

Staff Reporter - Washington Redskins
The Washington Examiner
E@john_keimDJohn on FB

“The conditioning test, not everyone passed. I feel that was a big reason [for the release]. It stuck out with me not passing because I wasn’t there in the offseason training. They made it seem like I was out of condition which I’m not. I just have to take advantage of my opportunity now.”

Briscoe said he had to take care of a personal situation in the spring, causing him to miss the workouts. He was involved in a Twitter fiasco with his reality TV star girlfriend, Royce Reed, and an ex-girlfriend, Christina Nero (also the mother of his son). Nero claimed that he and Briscoe were still involved in a relationship.

“I always want to be around my team but the situation that I had back at the house I felt at the time was more important,” Briscoe said. “I made sure I made the mandatory things.

“If Raheem was still there I’d still be there. … With the discipline program they’re running down there and me not showing up to voluntary workouts that made a big difference why I’m not there now.”

But the 6-foot-2 Briscoe, only 22, is not here for anything other than to see if he can help the Redskins’ receivers.

“There’s not many big guys [here],” he said. “Usually it’s speedier, craftier route-running guys here traditionally. Just come in and be a big receiver, make plays, go up over guys and score touchdowns.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/new-redsk ... le/2503409

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Chris Russell‏@Russellmania980

Per a source @ESPNRadio980 has learned that new WR Dezmon Briscoe was also claimed by Dallas, Philly, Cincinnati. #Redskins had top priority

Interesting trivia.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football