Training Camp Daily Report Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Lpj hates on Hanktime and all our other bum receivers.. right?

Correct!!! I'm rooting for the best of the bums!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:Lpj hates on Hanktime and all our other bum receivers.. right?

Correct!!! I'm rooting for the best of the bums!!!

You are aware that Hankerson has been working opposite of Garcon, right? :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:42 am

And tearing it up for that matter lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 am

I hate all you non-haters.. *cough cough CLL*

:lol:

Before ya'll get on my case, I never cared for the guy. I have him pegged as the next Devin Thomas but I'll be moooore than happy if the kid can prove me wrong. I don't mind being and admitting I'm wrong but he has to show and prove! Granted, last year is not a good gauge considering the injury so in all fairness I have to give him this season.

Was dat one ok CLL? LOL
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 pm

Tristan Davis activated

The Washington Redskins have activated running back Tristan Davis from the Physically Unable to Perform list eight days into training camp. Meanwhile, safety Tanard Jackson is expected to practice for the first time after spending the first three training camp practices on the PUP list and then going through conditioning work the last three days.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:02 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I hate all you non-haters.. *cough cough CLL*

Before ya'll get on my case, I never cared for the guy. I have him pegged as the next Devin Thomas but I'll be moooore than happy if the kid can prove me wrong. I don't mind being and admitting I'm wrong but he has to show and prove! Granted, last year is not a good gauge considering the injury so in all fairness I have to give him this season.

Was dat one ok CLL? LOL

Watch out, CLL will start asking you "yes or no" questions.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:23 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:I hate all you non-haters.. *cough cough CLL*

Was dat one ok CLL? LOL

Watch out, CLL will start asking you "yes or no" questions.

ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Chris Baker is aiming for a spot in defensive line rotation

The Washington Redskins’ entire front seven returns for a second consecutive season, but players are battling for spots in the defensive line rotation. Making a strong case for himself is third-year nose tackle Chris Baker.

A late-preseason addition last season, Baker spent all of last season on Washington’s practice squad. The team finally activated him on Dec. 7, but hours later, Baker tore a quad, had to have surgery and went on injured reserve. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan revealed Wednesday that Baker suffered the injury trying to dunk a basketball prior to one of the team’s indoor practices at a nearby gym.

Baker described the development as crushing. But it served as motivation as well.

“It fueled me a lot,” Baker said

In addition to working out twice a day with Redskins strength coach Ray Wright, Baker said he changed his diet as well. As a result, the 6-foot-2 former Hampton University standout dropped his weight from 335 pounds to 323.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Who's our current Nose tackles? Colfield and JJ both alternating at End too w carriker and Bowen right? Dunno who he can beat out, although JJ isn't getting as much praise this summer. Damnit!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:26 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Banks' one-handed catch:

Not only does Banks catch 'em with one hand, he can fly as well!!!
How about an 80 yard TD!!!

Redskins‏@Redskins

#Redskins QB Rex Grossman hits WR Brandon Banks for an 80-yd score in full-team drills. Throws ball to cheering fans

Grant Paulsen‏@granthpaulsen

#Redskins have refs at today's practice. Brandon Banks just got behind Kevin Barnes & Tanard Jackson for a home run ball from Rex Grossman.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 pm

1niksder wrote:Chris Baker is aiming for a spot in defensive line rotation

The Washington Redskins’ entire front seven returns for a second consecutive season, but players are battling for spots in the defensive line rotation. Making a strong case for himself is third-year nose tackle Chris Baker.

A late-preseason addition last season, Baker spent all of last season on Washington’s practice squad. The team finally activated him on Dec. 7, but hours later, Baker tore a quad, had to have surgery and went on injured reserve. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan revealed Wednesday that Baker suffered the injury trying to dunk a basketball prior to one of the team’s indoor practices at a nearby gym.

Baker described the development as crushing. But it served as motivation as well.

“It fueled me a lot,” Baker said

In addition to working out twice a day with Redskins strength coach Ray Wright, Baker said he changed his diet as well. As a result, the 6-foot-2 former Hampton University standout dropped his weight from 335 pounds to 323.

The daily reports from the beat writers have been saying that he is outplaying Chris Neild.

Here's one from today:

Grant Paulsen‏@granthpaulsen

Chris Baker has had a strong camp and could very well make the team as the #Redskins' back-up NT. Can play DE in 3-4 as well.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:01 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football