Training Camp Daily Report Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Postby yupchagee » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:42 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:Rich Campbell 8/3 Practice Report

Baker got under Cook’s pads, pancaked him and then stood over him to taunt him. It was domination.

Baker has flashed against the Redskins’ reserves. It's time to see him against better competition.
Baker has showed progress and says a lot of it comes from rehabbing with Jenkins. Cook is on his last leg

Cook got simply abused yesterday more than once. I agree. He' outta here.

He got abused when he played last year. He's toast.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:09 am

Not sure if this is comforting:

“All this stuff is gonna get hammered out in the next couple weeks,” quarterback Rex Grossman said. “He does so many good things that they have plenty to work with. … I don’t see anything he can’t do.”
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:10 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:LeRib? Is that a mcribb in Françe?

Oui
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:17 am

Red_One43 wrote:Redskins.com 8/4 Practice Report

On the next play, veteran quarterback Rex Grossman hit a wide open Logan Paulsen down the near sideline, who raced toward the end zone. Paulsen would not have scored on the play, were it not for a key block by receiver Brandon Banks, who successful stonewalled cornerback Brandyn Thompson.

BRANDON!!!

YES:

●Orakpo and Williams should be well prepared for the season after duking it out all camp. Both are playing well. Orakpo got the best of Williams during their first one-on-one matchup of the day. Next time around it was Williams who came out on top.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:36 pm

First, i appreciate the tc update posts and those who take time to provide these.

Of all the reports i have read so far....think the player i am most suprised with would be Banks. Personally i thought he was a dead man walking due in part to his size, his lack of production at wr, and the competition at wr. From what i have read, seems like he has picked up Shanahan's gauntlet of challenge and is making plays.....alibet in tc. His speed was never a doubt for me....but other factors about his ability as anything other then a returner had me thinking that he was about to become an ex Redskin. Maybe i was wrong.....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Rich Tandler's 8/6 Practice Report

Adam Gettis was listed as the second team right guard on the dept chart that came out before practice. And, sure enough, when starter Chris Chester went out with a mild ankle sprain about midway through practice, Gettis was in at right guard with the first team the rest of the day.

Chris Baker got a few series spelling Barry Cofield at nose guard. He has flashed some ability and I think they might have to find a roster spot for him.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Redskins.com 8/7 Practice Report

On the next drive, Rex Grossman failed to convert until third down, when he found receiver Brandon Banks in double coverage down the sidelines. Banks hauled the pass in inside the 10-yard line, and twirled his way past Brandyn Thompson and Reed Doughty to the end zone.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Rich Campbell's 8/7 Practice Report

Of course, the Redskins won’t run a lot of the option concepts they plan on employing during the regular season, so it’s not going to be a proper measure of how Griffin has progressed mechanically with the different things the Redskins are asking him to do after the snap. But Thursday’s game should provide him valuable game experience playing behind a shorthanded offensive line. He’ll get to see some basic coverages and get a feel for the game

Thompson’s coverage against WR Brandon Banks on a go route was fine – he was running a half-step behind Banks – but Banks jumped up and took the ball off Thompson’s helmet for a long completion. Thompson would have broken up the pass if he turned and found the ball. Instead, Banks, who is 5-foot-7, jumped up and took it from him.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks for this, Red_One. I appreciate the effort you're putting in to keep us updated with these links.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 am

You're welcome Pulp. It has been fun keeping up with training camp. Thanks for the feed back.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football