Training Camp Daily Report Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Huh.. is that a knock on good ol D Hall?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Huh.. is that a knock on good ol D Hall?
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:17 pm

^Not a knock on Hall. Iwatched the video. Notice that Keim left out something in the quote by putting the dots. What was said were words to the effect, when you are at the corner, you are isolated one-on-one so it is hard to be a ballhawk when you are looking at the WR. He was praisiing the fact that D. Hall can play both safety and corner.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/v ... 489848d6e4
Last edited by Red_One43 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:18 pm

That's why I asked... A lot of stuff is taken out of context and then turned into "news" . Ohhhh and of course "countroversy" smh

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Can I get some updates here Red1??? I HATE to do my own research lol

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:56 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Can I get some updates here Red1??? I HATE to do my own research lol

I wish I could. With Training camp over, the info is sparse. No more practice reports, because only the walk throughs are open to the media. Only thing out there are injury reports and feel good stories. Today, the Skins held their welcome back banquet, so no news. I posted the surprise choice of Fred Davis as the Offensive Player of the Year even though he got busted. At least we know his treammates are still behind him.

Yesterday, Portis was the focal point of all the twitter accounts and Redskin reports.

After the game tomorrow, I will get info, but a lot of that will be posted on the post game thread.

Thanks for asking, though. I miss reading those practice repoart.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm

You and I both.. I saw some article about HT being the fro.t runner, I suppose ill post it here.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Never mind its whack.. he's just the only one healthy enough to play sat not counting morris. No news here.

http://aggbot.com/Washington-Redskins-N ... e/17647842

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:25 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Never mind its whack.. he's just the only one healthy enough to play sat not counting morris. No news here.

http://aggbot.com/Washington-Redskins-N ... e/17647842

The coaches are high on Tristan Davis with his speed. He needs the reps tp be a better ZBS runner; however, it ifhe starts looking too good, other teams might start taking notice and make it harder for him to get to the PS.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Ya I'm for developing him this year on the PS unless injury brings him up sooner kinda seems that's part of the shannaplan.
I think this is make or break for HT, which isn't a knock on him. I love homegrown players who have a passion for the city and team, stand up characters, and of course hard workers all of which describe HT. He wants to be here but tomorrow is his chance to show he deserves to be here. He had some good runs last preseason so I hope him the same success. The reality, tho, is if he's just ok and Morris continues his good game streak he might be gone. -unless either Helu or Roysters injuries are worse then we know.
I posted earlier, who knows where, that day one very well could be:
Royster, Morris, HT with Helu to IR
Royster and Morris doing the RB by committee thing we saw last year, Shanny going with the hot hand. And HT coming in when needed mainly the 3rd down back.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Keim's Three Things I learned

Santana Moss gets an assist for his development. Crawford, a seventh-round pick who emerged as one of the bigger surprises in camp, has worked hard on being patient in press coverage. It shows, too. Crawford mirrors receivers off the line, not opening up too soon and allowing his man to make the first move. Then he reacts. Credit Moss. Crawford covered him in the slot all spring and much of the summer. “Santana was always talking to me and he was like, ‘You have to be more patient.’ I wasn’t always this patient… Santana is a real shifty guy; Pierre is different. He’s more speed release, muscle release. But it takes time to be patient and not go for the first move. So it took a while with me getting comfortable.”

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football