It's that time... Final 53 Projections 2012

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

It's that time... Final 53 Projections 2012

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:17 am

Well training camp is a week old, the first pre-season game is less than a week away. The coaches and front office have about a month to get the current 90 Man Roster down to the final 53.

Most of us (SJ not included) seem to think we are smarter than the guys running the team so...

It's time to post your predictions for the Redskins final 53.

Not only are we smarter than the front office we are all smarter than everybody else. So as we declare our fellow mastermind's final rosters completely idiotic, let at the least have a replacement for the foolish chose that is being pointed out.

Here's my list:

Offensive Total … 26

Quarterbacks (3)
Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, and Rex Grossman

Halfbacks (3)
Roy Helu Jr., Alfred Morris, and Evan Royster,

Fullbacks (1)
Darrel Young

Wide Receivers (6)
Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, Brandon Banks, and Dezmon Briscoe

Tight Ends (3)
Fred Davis, Niles Paul, and Chris Cooley

Offensive Lineman (10)
Trent Williams, Willie Smith, Tyler Polumbus, Maurice Hurt , Will Montgomery, Kory Lichtensteiger, Chris Chester, Josh LeRibeus, Adam Gettis, and Tom Compton

Defensive Total …. 24

Linebackers (8 )
London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Perry Riley, Rob Jackson, Markus White, Lorenzo Alexander, and Keenan Robinson

Defensive Backs (10)
Josh Wilson, DeAngelo Hall, Cedric Griffin, Madieu Williams, Kevin Barnes, Brandon Meriweather, Reed Doughty, DeJon Gomes, Brandyn Thompson, and Richard Crawford

Defensive Lineman (6)
Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen, Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Chris Baker, and Chris Neild

Special Teams Total …. 3

Teams
Graham Gano, Sav Rocca, Nick Sundberg

Post and Compare
Last edited by 1niksder on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:34 am

Looks good, but you appear to have a RB too many, and I don't see Jackson in your list of DBs, is that deliberate or an oversight...?
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 am

This is a bit premature ... there is talk of bringing Cedric Benson for a try to investigate whether he has a chance to revive his career or not.

Cedric Benson, Ryan Grant reportedly in Redskins' mix

I am not sure why we get these rumors about the RB insted of the OL position but here you have it. :roll:

I will wait a little longer to make my prediction. :twisted:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:44 am

Seems pretty solid to me. Looks like you've got Shanny practically cleaning house at WR. What are you betting is going to happen with Jammal Brown?

btw Since you mentioned that pre-season game. I didn't want to start an entire thread just to ask this question, but does anybody know how to watch those games if you're not in DC? I'm in Boston for a few more weeks, wasn't sure if I would have any options. Really want to see RGIII's debut.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:55 am

w/out looking at the list, I agree with whatever 1Niks has. :lol:

.. and a sidenote, I really like Cedric Benson. Not sure what happened with him in Cincy but he's a really good RB who can pound the ball. I think he'd be an excellent compliment to our young & fast RBs.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 am

Is Morris suppose to be under fb?? Like was said, your math is off there lol

Halfbacks (3) Tim Hightower, Roy Helu Jr., Alfred Morris, and Evan Royster,
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:40 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Looks good, but you appear to have a RB too many, and I don't see Jackson in your list of DBs, is that deliberate or an oversight...?

&

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Is Morris suppose to be under fb?? Like was said, your math is off there lol

Halfbacks (3) Tim Hightower, Roy Helu Jr., Alfred Morris, and Evan Royster,

I had TH on my final 53 then replaced him with Morris and forgot to take Hightower off. I think Jackson gets caught in a numbers game.

Redskin in Canada wrote:This is a bit premature ... there is talk of bringing Cedric Benson for a try to investigate whether he has a chance to revive his career or not.

Cedric Benson, Ryan Grant reportedly in Redskins' mix

I am not sure why we get these rumors about the RB insted of the OL position but here you have it. :roll:

I will wait a little longer to make my prediction. :twisted:

Benson and Grant are old rumors and before the team seemed to have falling in love with Morris.

riggofan wrote:
btw Since you mentioned that pre-season game. I didn't want to start an entire thread just to ask this question, but does anybody know how to watch those games if you're not in DC? I'm in Boston for a few more weeks, wasn't sure if I would have any options. Really want to see RGIII's debut.

Firstrow sports for all your viewing needs
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Wow, you think Hightower is done in DC?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:Wow, you think Hightower is done in DC?

I think so

They like Morris as a HB that can play FB, with the Young injury they're looking at two back formations with Morris at FB.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Wasn't Hightower considered a good blocker when we snagged him from Arizona?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:Wasn't Hightower considered a good blocker when we snagged him from Arizona?

I'd say Shanny considered him good at pretty much everything. Now he has a bad wheel and some young guys are stepping up. I'm curious about his cap situation and how much he will have been paid by us if he were to depart soon. I hope it's enough to set him up for life.

He's a good guy but seeing him go should not be shocking. How likely would he be to clear waivers if wavied? More likely than Helu, Royster, or Morris?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm thinking Hightower makes it and either Briscoe or Banks doesn't. Three HBs and two FBs wouldn't be that big a stretch.

I'm thinking if the choice came down to Briscoe or Hightower, Briscoe is cut first

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:I'm thinking Hightower makes it and either Briscoe or Banks doesn't. Three HBs and two FBs wouldn't be that big a stretch.

I'm thinking if the choice came down to Briscoe or Hightower, Briscoe is cut first

So you're saying two FBs and only five WRs, although you have Morris at HB and Cooley at TE and they both can fill the backup FB role?

If that's the case then I'd more than likely keep Banks over Briscoe if no one else stands out in the return game
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

1niksder wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:I'm thinking Hightower makes it and either Briscoe or Banks doesn't. Three HBs and two FBs wouldn't be that big a stretch.

So you're saying two FBs and only five WRs, although you have Morris at HB and Cooley at TE and they both can fill the backup FB role?

If that's the case then I'd more than likely keep Banks over Briscoe if no one else stands out in the return game

That's what I'm thinking. I heard a rumor they told Banks he would have to make the team as a WR and not just a Special Teamer. I can't imagine them letting his return talents go for nothing unless they were really pressed for space. Sounds to me like he needs to beat out Briscoe which I believe will be slightly weighted in his favor because of his returning ability.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football