It's that time... Final 53 Projections 2012

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:30 am

Fellas, any news on that 6'7 TE? I can't remember his name.

If he shows an inkling of potential we need to stash him away.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:22 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Fellas, any news on that 6'7 TE? I can't remember his name.

I have read just about every report out there and can only remember his name mentioned once. It was along the lines of - he is an interesting project. I would bet that he is on the PS.
Beau Reliford is his name.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:53 am

Red_One43 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Fellas, any news on that 6'7 TE? I can't remember his name.

I have read just about every report out there and can only remember his name mentioned once. It was along the lines of - he is an interesting project. I would bet that he is on the PS.
Beau Reliford is his name.

I appreciate that bruh.

I'm sure it's hard for him to get much practice time with even the 2's. I think he's 5th deep on the roster.

But, this is why I love the preseason games. I'll keep an eye out for this kid. The problem is, if he does anything but look absolutely atrocious in these games... I doubt he'll clear waivers. The league has migrated towards utilizing freakish TE's.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:02 am

Rich Tandler's comment on the WR battle today, kind of along the same lines as 1snikder's point:

Battles at wide receiver

I’m beginning to think that there are two separate battles brewing for the last two wide receiver spots. The locks are Garçon, Hankerson, Moss, and Morgan. It looks like the fifth receiver also will serve as the kick returner. That battle appears to be between Brandon Banks and Aldrick Robinson. There is a long way do go there as Robinson needs to do some returning during a game and both need to show that they can get open and catch passes with any degree of consistency.

The other battle is for the sixth wide receiver, who likely will be inactive on many game days unless one of the top four is ailing. That one is between Anthony Armstrong and the newly acquired Dez Briscoe.

I don’t want to leave Terrence Austin out of the picture here. He could potentially fit into either role.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:38 am

riggofan wrote:
1niksder wrote:I agree on some points, but Briscoe would more than likely be behind Hankerson and Josh Morgan while Banks would be behind Moss and Garcon, but also returning kicks. I like Briscoe's size, youth and what he may be able to do in the redzone, but simply being a redzone receiver may be less of a need than a guy that simple returns kicks.

Good point. How important is kick returner at this point though with the new kickoff rule? Seems like the KR just needs to be somebody capable of standing in the end zone and waving for a fair catch. I'll take the redzone target and a backup for Hankerson.

Also, I see a lot of people here predicting Morris will get a roster spot. I really haven't read anybody in the press/blogs making that prediction the last two weeks. I think its more likely he'll go the Royster route and end up on the practice squad.

This is an excellent point. Exactly how important is the role of a KR? Maybe they break one 2-3 times a year if you are lucky. Should a legit red zone threat have more importance than a KR? 2 years ago I may have said no, but right now my answer is yes.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:45 am

It's also PR.. I think BB attempted more then anyone last year on kickoffs.. either way the respect he takes from all kickers and coaches is something no one else on our roster has returning kicks.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:10 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:It's also PR.. I think BB attempted more then anyone last year on kickoffs.. either way the respect he takes from all kickers and coaches is something no one else on our roster has returning kicks.

Thats true, if they do not trust anyone else to do punt returns then yes, there is a reason to keep him. I'm just thinking the NFL is changing by the year quickly and having a surplus of WR's is going to be essential to teams mid-deep in the year.

Hey, at least we aren't the Cowboys who don't even have enough options to put a decent third receiver on the field.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: It's that time

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:54 pm

1niksder wrote:Well training camp is a week old, the first pre-season game is less than a week away. The coaches and front office have about a month to get the current 90 Man Roster down to the final 53.

Most of us (SJ not included) seem to think we are smarter than the guys running the team so...

It's time to post your predictions for the Redskins final 53.

Not only are we smarter than the front office we are all smarter than everybody else. So as we declare our fellow mastermind's final rosters completely idiotic, let at the least have a replacement for the foolish chose that is being pointed out.

OK a week has past and a preseason game as been played...

1niksder wrote:Here's my list:

Update #1

1niksder wrote:Offensive Total … 26

Quarterbacks (3)
Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, and Rex Grossman

Halfbacks (3)
Roy Helu Jr., Alfred Morris, and Evan Royster,

Fullbacks (1)
Darrel Young

No changes in the above groups so far, this depends on the health of both Hightower and Helu

1niksder wrote:Wide Receivers (6)
Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, Brandon Banks, and Dezmon Briscoe

Banks is slipping while Aldrick Robinson is rising AAA is still in the mix for one of the last two spots

1niksder wrote:Tight Ends (3)
Fred Davis, Niles Paul, and Chris Cooley

Offensive Lineman (10)
Trent Williams, Willie Smith, Tyler Polumbus, Maurice Hurt , Will Montgomery, Kory Lichtensteiger, Chris Chester, Josh LeRibeus, Adam Gettis, and Tom Compton

I'm thinking about dropping a O-lineman and adding Logan Paulson as the 4th TE. Compton would be the odd man out but wouldn't be surprised if he stays and Willie Smith goes at this point.

1niksder wrote:Defensive Total …. 24

Linebackers (8 )
London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Perry Riley, Rob Jackson, Markus White, Lorenzo Alexander, and Keenan Robinson

Here I have Markus White dropping and Chris Wilson rising

1niksder wrote:Defensive Backs (10)
Josh Wilson, DeAngelo Hall, Cedric Griffin, Madieu Williams, Kevin Barnes, Brandon Meriweather, Reed Doughty, DeJon Gomes, Brandyn Thompson, and Richard Crawford

I'm moving Brandyn Thompson off and T. Jackson onto the roster

1niksder wrote:Defensive Lineman (6)
Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen, Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins, Chris Baker, and Chris Neild

Neild has landed on IR and opened up the roster spot for Kedrick Golston.

1niksder wrote:Special Teams Total …. 3

Teams
Graham Gano, Sav Rocca, Nick Sundberg

No change here but Rackers is pushing Gano
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:11 pm

^^^^ have at it
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Not much I'd mess with at this point.. when is the cut down to 53?
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:20 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Not much I'd mess with at this point.. when is the cut down to 53?

Sept. 2, but they have to be down to 80 in two week
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:38 am

Any people not on your 53 that you'd.like to see hit the ps but fear they wont? I think any of our wr.. from Dez to Austin, I think any of them are in trouble.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:08 pm

OFFENSE
Quarterbacks (2) Last yr - 2
Griffin, Cousins

I am going to go radical and go two here. Cousins will beat Rex out in the 4th preseason game. If Shanny can have an emergency QB plan last year, then he will have one this year.

Running backs (5) Last year - 4
Tim Hightower, Evan Royster, Helu, Alfred Morris and Darrel Young (FB)

I am not keeping Morris just because he won't making to the PS. I expect him to give us an opportunity to win with his bull style of running.

Tight ends (3) Last yr- 4
Fred Davis, Chris Cooley, Niles Paul.

Just could not keep Paulsen. Good Blocker, but an average TE (maybe someone might give a 7th rounder for him). We will have Reilford on the PS to develop.

Receivers (7) Last year- 8
Garcon, Hankerson, Moss, Morgan, Briscoe, Robinson, Banks

If Robinson turns out to be an explosive returner then Banks is expendable opening up another slot.

Offensive line (9) Last yr - 8
Williams, Lichtensteiger, Montgomery, Chester, Polumbus, LeRibeus, Gettis, Hurt, Compton

LeRibeus and Gettis are guard back ups and LeRibeus is the primary C back up. Compton ( I am hearing that he is passing up Willie Smith) is the LT back up and Hurt is the RT back up, but also can fill in at G.
Jordan Black depending on his progress is still in the running to make my 53. He would be the swing tackle. Compton or Hurt would be removed if I add Black.

DEFENSE
Defensive line (6) last yr- 6
Cofield, Carriker, Bowen, Jenkins, Golston, Baker

Nothing needs to be said with this group

Linebackers (9) Last yr- 9
Fletcher, Riley, Orakpo, Kerrigan, Alexander, K. Robinson, Jackson, C. Wilson, White

Lots of of ST with this group.

Cornerbacks (5) Last yr- 5
Hall, Wilson, Griffin, Barnes, Crawford,

Not set on Griffin yet
Still looking at Thompson

Safeties (4) Last year- 4
Merriweather, Williams, Jackson, Gomes.

Doughty's time is up. These guys are more athletic than him and lend to more options.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Punter (1)
Sav Rocca.

Kicker (1)
Neil Rackers.

Long snapper (1)
Nick Sundberg.
Last edited by Red_One43 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Help for deciding your 53? Try this link. John Keim's 53 to be udated weekly.

Notable Cuts by Keim:

Briscoe, Cooley and Rackers

As with our 53's, Keim's is subject to change.
Last edited by Red_One43 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:43 pm

TE – In: (3) Fred Davis, Niles Paul, Logan Paulsen. Out: Chris Cooley, Richard Quinn, Beau Reliford. Analysis: Cooley would be a surprising cut, but not stunning. And this is far from finished. But he's an expensive backup with concerns over his ability to last 16 games. Davis is capable of big numbers while Paul has shown promise moving over from wide receiver. Paulsen is a blocking tight end. Cooley's versatility helps (he can play fullback in a pinch), but others can learn that spot, such as Paul.

:evil:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football