Toe in the water

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:If we force the Saints to pass by shutting down the run we win.

Totally wrong.. we WANT them to run the ball my friend. You do not WANT Brees to throw the ball, have you bumped your head bro? :lol:

Maybe you didn't see the list of his weapons man, I 100% would rather them run the ball vs throwing. Brees had over 5,000 yards last year throwing the ball.. the brother does that extremely well.

Wrong, any time you can force a team to become one dimensional it is better, no matter how well they throw. If our front 3-4 can keep the pressure on Brees we win. The Cardinals run defense looked like garbage. I have more faith in our guys up front.

P.S. Stop trying to steal Megatron from me!
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:11 am

ATX_Skins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Totally wrong.. we WANT them to run the ball my friend. You do not WANT Brees to throw the ball, have you bumped your head bro? :lol:

Maybe you didn't see the list of his weapons man, I 100% would rather them run the ball vs throwing. Brees had over 5,000 yards last year throwing the ball.. the brother does that extremely well.

Wrong, any time you can force a team to become one dimensional it is better, no matter how well they throw. If our front 3-4 can keep the pressure on Brees we win. The Cardinals run defense looked like garbage. I have more faith in our guys up front.

You sir are indeed a mad man.

I'd rather have the ball in the hands of people like Sproles/Starks/Ridley vs Brees/Rogers/Brady.

Anyday, all day.

Not stealing, just negotiations. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:18 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

You sir are indeed a mad man.

I'd rather have the ball in the hands of people like Sproles/Starks/Ridley vs Brees/Rogers/Brady.

Anyday, all day.

Not stealing, just negotiations. :lol:

The Saints are not the Pats or Packers. Those teams you don't even need to shut down the run, they do it for you.

I do not want to see Ingram, Thomas, and Sproles getting numbers on us. Brees has the same options at WR -1 this year. I think the passing numbers for that team goes down this year.

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:51 am

27-13 saints.

the typical redskin fan only bothers to study their own team. they have no real idea just how far they have to go. they are miles behind teams like the saints and packers and even the niners, eagles, and cowboys. they will rarely slow the saints offense down.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:01 pm

:roll: The Saints do not use the run to set the pass up. They use the pass to set the run up.

Please put the smoke down it's frying your brain.

If we win against the Saints it will be because of a good offensive showing, good pass rush , and maybe some good secondary play for a change from the defense . I'm with the other guys I would rather see it in the running backs hands any day... than Brees . The saints go to handing the ball off a lot than it means our defense will be doing a hell of a job at keeping Brees in check.

Plaese run it all you want Saints.

The Saints did lose there head coach and Wr depth but I bet you anything Brees is already finding a favorite second WR. I stick with my view if the saints keep it on the ground it can only play to our favor. It will be Rg3 first regular season game and the rookie nerves will probably be there also.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:18 pm

skinpride1 wrote::roll: The Saints do not use the run to set the pass up. They use the pass to set the run up.

If we win against the Saints it will be because of a good offensive showing, good pass rush , and maybe some good secondary play for a change from the defense . I'm with the other guys I would rather see it in the running backs hands any day... than Brees . The saints go to handing the ball off a lot than it means our defense will be doing a hell of a job at keeping Brees in check.

The Saints did lose there head coach and Wr depth but I bet you anything Brees is already finding a favorite second WR. I stick with my view if the saints keep it on the ground it can only play to our favor. It will be Rg3 first regular season game and the rookie nerves will probably be there also.

You will see this year, this is not the same Saints team.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:21 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:You will see this year, this is not the same Saints team.

LMAO!! If I had a dollar everytime I heard that during the offseason.

Why is that? Cuz of the coach? Cuz Meacham is gone?

Rogers/Brady/Brees... they are in a class by themselves because they can run their offenses themselves. (Peyton with Colts too)

What changed bro, please tell me because I'm extremely curious.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:24 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
skinpride1 wrote::roll: The Saints do not use the run to set the pass up. They use the pass to set the run up.

You will see this year, this is not the same Saints team.

I hope you are right ...I'm wrong cause they might be a W for the skins. I will be wrong any day for that.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 pm

The crowd goes crazy as RG3 seals the saints fate w a 21 point lead and three to play.. you'd think they were in Fed ex!
Youre exactly right Jim.. this kid is special and even Noleans can agree.. whata a show.
And he's just going to get better!
That's the scary part!

Skins smash em.. pumped up D vs a demoralized D losing a lot of its mojo.. a not so committed breezy vs a young phenomenon..

Skins win. And win BIG.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:19 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:You will see this year, this is not the same Saints team.

LMAO!! If I had a dollar everytime I heard that during the offseason.

Why is that? Cuz of the coach? Cuz Meacham is gone?

Rogers/Brady/Brees... they are in a class by themselves because they can run their offenses themselves. (Peyton with Colts too)

What changed bro, please tell me because I'm extremely curious.

What changed? You named two things already... I think Ingram, Thomas and Sproles will play more of a role in that offense than everyone thinks. The NFC as a division is getting stronger and I don't think they can afford to have big shootout games like before. I see them managing the clock more by running the ball. Of course Brees will put up numbers, he is a great QB, I just have a feeling for the reasons above that it won't be the insane passing numbers like before.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Ok ATX.. let me give you 1 single reason that they'll continue to pass the ball and maybe even moreso.

Their defense sucks. Also with the Vilma situation, that defense sucks a little more. What does defense have to do with it? Well they won't be able to stop teams from scoring and running the ball won't get them points.. launching that sucker down the field will get them those points.

Falcons- can run up the score
Panthers- can run up the score
Bucs- weeeeeeeell, they almost did a rebuild so that's a wait and see.

..but I think you get my point bro. :lol:

Either way though, I hope my fellow Skins fans don't think like you and sleep on these Saints.. they are still dangerous and actually probably even more because they have a serious chip on their shoulders and Drew has something to prove.

LET'S GO SKINS!!!!

I had the same log in issues...

Postby onebighog » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 pm

So I too had to re-register.

We want Griff to appear as though he has command of the offense, just this for now.

What I dont want to see is him trying to hold on to the ball and try to make a "miracle play" to extend. No "johnny football" or "Rothlisburger" (sp?) type plays until he fully understands what it will take to make a play happen without the possibility of an injury.

This wont come about until early in the regular season IMHO.

HAIL all!!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 pm

I think RGIII will have has off days and will struggle as he comes to terms with the NFL, he is a rookie and if he does half as well as Cam last year then that's fine.

However, I see his problems coming midway through the season, as teams prepare for him and watch him on film having seen what he's capable of, try to confuse him, try to ruffle him.

I see him starting well, finding an early groove as the offense will be tailored to his strengths at that moment. I think we'll beat the Saints as I said, but don't confuse that with a blind belief that a run to the big one is on the cards.

But isn't it great to feel this optimism..? We'll be watching games knowing that on our day we could beat anyone, which is a step up from last seasons 'We'll give teams a good game on our day'.

After that it's all about being more consistent, more ruthless. And that comes from experience.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:54 pm

RGIII is going to become a great QB - this team will be more competitive - we might win 8 and maybe even as many as 10 games this year

not sure the rest of the team is ready to go but the play from the QB will be markedly better than we've seen here for a long while

beating the Saints in the first game will be easier than beating the Giants in two games that they absolutely wanted to win last year :D
no team wants to start their season with a loss AND at 6-6 the Giants certainly did not want to go to 6-7
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Ok ATX.. let me give you 1 single reason that they'll continue to pass the ball and maybe even moreso.

Their defense sucks. Also with the Vilma situation, that defense sucks a little more. What does defense have to do with it? Well they won't be able to stop teams from scoring and running the ball won't get them points.. launching that sucker down the field will get them those points.

Falcons- can run up the score
Panthers- can run up the score
Bucs- weeeeeeeell, they almost did a rebuild so that's a wait and see.

..but I think you get my point bro. :lol:

Either way though, I hope my fellow Skins fans don't think like you and sleep on these Saints.. they are still dangerous and actually probably even more because they have a serious chip on their shoulders and Drew has something to prove.

LET'S GO SKINS!!!!

How do you keep your own defense off the field? Cam off the field? Falcons and Julio Jones? Clock management right? They will be running, more than you think.

I'm not sleeping on the Saints, but they have a beast backfield that will get lots of work this year.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football