Mike Shanahan Rules Out Five For Bills, Including Hightower

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Mike Shanahan Rules Out Five For Bills, Including Hightower

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Head coach Mike Shanahan said on Tuesday that five players will not play in the first preseason game Thursday at Buffalo.

Running back Tim Hightower (left knee), receiver Anthony Armstrong (right shoulder), left guard Kory Lichtensteiger (right knee), right tackle Jammal Brown (hips) and fullback Darrel Young (left hamstring) will be on the sidelines. Shanahan also said right guard Chris Chester, who sprained his left ankle in practice Monday, is “a longshot” to play.

“I don’t want to rule him out because I don’t know for sure how he’s going to be tomorrow, but it doesn’t look good,” Shanahan said.

Link
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Triple A out should = a heavy dose of BB and Robinson after the first right??
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Cooley sits out practice but will play vs. Bills

When the Redskins open the preseason Thursday in Buffalo, they’ll do so missing a few key players.

At least two of the five starters along the offensive line – guard Kory Lichensteiger and tackle Jammal Brown – will be sidelined against the Bills, while guard Chris Chester is a long shot to suit up, according to Coach Mike Shanahan. Chester sprained his left ankle Monday and did not participate in Tuesday’s practice.

Shanahan also Tim Hightower, ranked atop the team’s depth chart at running back, has been ruled out, as has fullback Darrel Young. Hightower still is recovering from knee surgery, while young is nursing an ailing hamstring.

“Hopefully he keeps on making progress and will be able to play by the third game,” Shanahan said of Hightower.

Shanahan said Josh Morgan will be available to play, barring a setback. The wide receiver returned Monday from a weeklong layoff due to a hamstring.

Chris Cooley did not practice Tuesday but will play, Shanahan said.

“He’s been going to pretty hard,” Shanahan said of his tight end. “He needed a day of rest.”

Cooley joked that the day off was a privilege of being in the "30+ Club". He turned 30 last month.

A couple of more notes of interest from Shanahan’s practice news conference:

--Shanahan said the dueling kickers – Graham Gano and Neil Rackers – will alternate kicks.

“Whoever kicks off, will have the next field goal or extra point, whatever it is,” Shanahan said. “That’s the way we’ve tentatively talked about it.”
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:39 pm

I am really looking forward to seeing what chemistry has developed so far between "Bob" (hehehe) and the receiver corps. I sure hope "Hank time" is gonna shine.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:57 pm

HarleyHog wrote:I am really looking forward to seeing what chemistry has developed so far between "Bob" (hehehe) and the receiver corps. I sure hope "Hank time" is gonna shine.

I'm with you on that one . Hank could be the surprise of the year... Garcon, Hank and Moss could be a good trio.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:13 pm

so we will be missing both guards and a tackle. Run Bob, Run
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:12 am

brad7686 wrote:so we will be missing both guards and a tackle. Run Bob, Run

The way I see it we are missing one guard.

Way back in March I wasn't expecting CL to be healthy for the start of the season (and I still don't) let alone the start of the pre-season. I wasn't counting on JB being on the team in September (and I still don't).

So as far as I'm concerned we have our starting LG and RT on Thursday. The team counting on CL on JB to be starters for the season was a HUGE risk, borderlining on irresponsible. That is why we needed to sign a high quality FA OG and RT.

We didn't so we have who we have.

Hopefully, Mo Hurt has improved or one of these two guards we drafted is capable of being a starter. And it would be nice if CL gets healthy enough to be the #6 OL by the start of the season.

I'm not concerned with W. Smith or Pollumbis (sp?), I'm concerned with who comes in if they get hurt.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am

Who's CL...?

Chris Luva...???

:hmm:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:06 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Who's CL...?

Chris Luva...???

CL is KL aka Kory
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Chris Luva...???

YES :!:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Postby Matugi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
I'm not concerned with W. Smith or Pollumbis (sp?), I'm concerned with who comes in if they get hurt.

I'd be concerned with both. Polumbus, in particular, got abused during the second Giants game last year. He's gonna have a hard time in this division with pass rushers because of his height.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 pm

1niksder wrote:

Chris Luva...???

CL is KL aka Kory

Yes, that is who I was taking about. Forgot he it was Kory and not Cory.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Matugi wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

I'd be concerned with both. Polumbus, in particular, got abused during the second Giants game last year. He's gonna have a hard time in this division with pass rushers because of his height.

I know he is a little taller than normal, but that shouldn't hurt him. If he struggles it is lack of talent, not height.

My point was, he isn't a drop off from a gimpy Brown.

The Skins made their bed by not addressing the possition in FA, more they have to lie in it.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:11 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
1niksder wrote:

Chris Luva...???

CL is KL aka Kory

Yes, that is who I was taking about. Forgot he it was Kory and not Cory.

Sorry fella, I worked that out after I posted, wasn't having a dig at you.

:wink:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football