1st Preseason GameDay Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:If you're reading camp reports about our o-linemen being man-handled in indiviual drills, please take into consideration the following...

- We specifically choose smaller/lighter/versatile linemen.
- We run a 3-4, which means HUGE BODIES, especially on the line.
- Individually, those small linemen will have trouble against the big bodies. But working as a cohesive unit, they'll use leverage and assistance to their advantage.

That explains why they looked better than the local reporters would lead you to believe. Not saying they're great.

Maybe the plan is for the defensive front seven to manhandle anybody in front of them, kind of like they manhandled the Bills last night. :D

Say what you want about the O-line, RGIII didn't have to get out of the dirt once last night and the Bills spent good money this off-season on their D-line. If defenses are ahead of offenses, why did the Bills defense go without a sack against depleted O-line that they should already be ahead of.

Maybe last night's Redskins starting offensive line was ahead of the Bills defensive line, maybe people will figure out the two guys that every talking head in front of a camera are saying will be the key to the Redskins having a good offensive line are the same two guys that weren't there for most of last season. Maybe people will realize the starting O-line last night is the same starting O-line the team closed last season out with. Once you consider adding T. Williams for his undrafted replacement from the last 4 games last season you actually can argue they've up graded.

Maybe people will look at the rest of the NFC East and realize the Washington Redskins are the only team returning the same O-line as last season, and remember ANY change in the starting five will effect the other four.

I'd like to see the line look bad before I label them... which might be why I have said they look real good :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football