So that is the kirk cousins you guys rated high?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

So that is the kirk cousins you guys rated high?

Postby funsho2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:19 am

9/22 74yards 1int ...bwhahahahaha

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:40 am

Those who actually watched the game were impressed. I would explain why, but it's obvious how much good that would do.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 am

Yeah, our third string QB had a bad stat line playing with guys who won't be on the team in a few weeks. I'm sooooooooooo upset. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:59 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Those who actually watched the game were impressed. I would explain why, but it's obvious how much good that would do.

:up:
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

---

Re: So that is the kirk cousins you guys rated high?

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:03 am

funsho2 wrote:9/22 74yards 1int ...bwhahahahaha

:lol: :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Re: So that is the kirk cousins you guys rated high?

Postby the poster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:28 am

funsho2 wrote:9/22 74yards 1int ...bwhahahahaha

Completely unimportant. A third string rookie QB's first game ever in the pros.

what redskin fans OUGHT to be concerned about, and I get that it's just first game/first impression, but they look like the exact same team from a year ago just with a flashy new QB. They were a run down toyota corolla last year. and the year before that. and the year before that. and most years since 2000.

they look like a run down toyota corolla with flashy new rims now.

* Their offensive line still looks horrible. They have been one of the worst running teams in the sport on first down going back to Gibbs in 2004 and after but one preseason game, looks like the same. their O-Line gets no push whatseover in the running game. watch this year how often on 1st down and 10 they run the ball for 1 yard, 0 yards, -2 yards....

* Their backs are small and mediocre. no Stephen Davis here. Bad O-Line and mediocre backs plus a rookie QB doesn't usually equal much.

* Their defense looks the same to me. I think their defense gets overrated by their fans. You can run on them if you stick to it. Check out the eagles, vikings, and giants games last year. Giants gave up on their run and nobody knows why but they ran all over the redskins.

* Pass rushing is the same. They get to the QB when the QB holds the ball for awhile. Otherwise, they really do. They have to blitz a lot. They even blitzed a lot in the game against Buffalo last night.

Orakpo just runs into his assigned pass blocker, that's all he really does. And that works maybe 10 times a year. Which is not good enough. He's not a game changer, he's not someone you have to account for quite like a DeMarcus Ware, Jason Pierre-Paul or Jason Babin.

* Their secondary..........eek.....that secondary. Their fans will learn more in the weeks to come when teams challenge those safeties. It goes without saying that this team misses Sean Taylor a great deal. His presence made their defense for the few short years he was there and now, playcallers like Andy Reid have no fear going right after the safeties. They used to have fear because of #21. Not anymore. DeAngelo Hall was back to his typical trailing the receiver by 2-3 steps on 12 yard slants last night.

My description is It's a permissive secondary with a decent pass rush and average against the run. it can beat the seahawks and the rams but against offenses like the Eagles or saints (or the offensively led playoff teams, it's not effective. Yes, cue the Giants game last year comments. The answer to every question)

* 7-6 final score Really. 7-6. They still cant move the ball into the endzone. Obviously, need to see RG3 play more (man, he looks TINY out there and I cant believe he's going to play 16 games a year too often) but I'm aware the pats and saints played to the same score. But those offenses have proven themselves over the years.

Bottom line is, the Redskins need to start proving themselves with their play and not the media's or fans's words because not much looks different so far.

*Note that the one player that stood out (at least in my mind) was Pierre Garcon, who I am on record here of saying could be a breakout star. Hmm, there's goes that stereotype of just being negative. And look what happens, in week one. As I said before, I'm not negative...I'm just RIGHT all the time.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 am

Derp
XVII XXII XXVI

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:12 am

LOLOL Amazing...

An uninformed poster being picked apart by another uninformed poster. :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:14 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:LOLOL Amazing...

An uninformed poster being picked apart by another uninformed poster. :lol:

Yep. This whole thread is . . . well, sometimes all you can do is laugh. :lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:23 am

:lol:

that 'lol' emoticon will be my response to all Troll posts from now on.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:32 am

Omg did he suck, the o-line sucked and is it just me or did RG3 look like a little girl out there? I know I've said it before and Im going to keep saying and saying it and saying it :-({|= Someone needs to find new words for his song....

Hog

Postby the poster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:58 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Omg did he suck, the o-line sucked and is it just me or did RG3 look like a little girl out there? I know I've said it before and Im going to keep saying and saying it and saying it :-({|= Someone needs to find new words for his song....

you're absolutely right. and that somebody has to be your team. nobody here can do it.

because the main theme of mine is the inconguency between the fans of this team and the play of it.

i love how I'm out of line, I'm a troll, and your team is IN LAST PLACE EVERY YEAR.

Shutting me up is EASY. START WINNING GAMES IN THE FALL!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Does anyone know how little the preseason matters or counts????

The fact that anyone would put down a third string QB for his preseason performance only shows how little they know or understand NFL football.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Its just football

Hog

Postby the poster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:16 pm

besides, the most important thing about last night's game is your best offensive player, LT Trent Williams, was hobbling after the game with a foot injury. He said he's allright, but I wouldnt be surprised if he's out next week.

with your offensive line the way it is, you cant lose him. ever. he's all you got.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football