Post Game Thread Redskins vs Bears

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Post Game Thread Redskins vs Bears

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Dropped interceptions - what is going on?

It's preseason, but this was going on last season as well.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:44 pm

That game reminded me of Bruce Lee's sister...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Somebody should be working the jugs machine this week.

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Positives:

"Captain" Kirk
Aldrick
Briscoe
Banks Punt TD

Negatives:

Lack of Consistency with 1st team Offense
Orakpo and Meriweather Injuries?
Dropped INTs
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Unfortunately I was unable to watch the game out here in Utah ( one downside to being in the Air Force ) for some reason they dont care that I cant watch my Redskins in the preseason!

Could I please get a brief description of the key points on the game and players performance.. I have read through the posts from the game thread but its hard to really get an idea.. from what I read this what I got..

Orakpo and Merriweather both suffered what sounded like serious injuries? I heard they said Orakpo was just a should sprain? any updates? and I heard it looks like an ACL/ MCL for Merrieweather?

Also sounds like Bob Griffin III struggled against the Bears D and that Kirk had a great game against the Bears reserves

Banks also brought back a Punt? how did he look as a receiver and how were our other receivers looking to make a good impression

any signs of life from Cooley?

How did the RB's look?

Was our D as bad as it seems against the 1st stringers of the Bears O ? seems that our secondary really struggled....

I know I am asking alot and Im sure people just talking about the game on here will help to answer alot of my questions but I am very grateful for any questions you all can answer until I am able to catch the game on NFL Network tomorrow.. Thanks and HAIL!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 pm

With RGIII coming out of that game unhurt, that type of game will go a long way towards the his maturing as a QB. I rather him face that in in the second preseason game than to get the Bills' version again.

O line got good expereince and Shanny has more of an idea of what we need to work on.

Cousins and co. made the game exciting. It would have been nice to win, but it's preseason.

Hog

Postby Krisk86 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:51 pm

I don't know how he would do against the 1st string D, but Cousins looked like a NFL QB. Kinda reminded me of Matt Flynn taking over for Rogers and now look where he is at. If Cousins keeps this up other teams are going to want him.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:53 pm

The QB controvery will find its origin in this game.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Hearing that Orakpo injured same pec muscle as last season.

Shanahan is seemingly elusive when talking about London's missed game. Not sure what's up there.

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:The QB controvery will find its origin in this game.

No QB controversy. RG3 played against a good 1st unit D and held up quite well. O-Line is garbage.

Kirk played against back-ups and Bears were playing soft with big lead late. I like what I see, but nothing to get crazy about.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Cousins!! He provided a little excitement in an otherwise lackluster performance of the first team .... robbed of a comeback win by a three wood down the middle. :lol:

Even though it's just the preseason, that o-line really played poorly in the 1st Q ... and it's not a good sight to see RG3 running for his life like that.

But is it me or is Captain Kirk for real? He really looks sharp ... with quick decisions and a very quick release, with accuracy. Could he be one of those sleepers like Brady that fell to the 6th round?

Just sayin' :lol:

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:56 pm

spudstr04 wrote:Hearing that Orakpo injured same pec muscle as last season.

Shanahan is seemingly elusive when talking about London's missed game. Not sure what's up there.

Hearing from where? THN "sources" have been fairly poor lately.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:58 pm

spudstr04 wrote:

No QB controversy. RG3 played against a good 1st unit D and held up quite well. O-Line is garbage.

Kirk played against back-ups and Bears were playing soft with big lead late. I like what I see, but nothing to get crazy about.

When has that logic ever extinguished the burning desire of this city to root for the 2nd string QB? Lol

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:Hearing that Orakpo injured same pec muscle as last season.

Hearing from where? THN "sources" have been fairly poor lately.

Rich Campbell, Grant Paulsen

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:

When has that logic ever extinguished the burning desire of this city to root for the 2nd string QB? Lol

True, but this is RG3, not Rex/Beck. The city is crazy for RG3, not so much for Rexy. I think Cousins can surely play Qb in the NFL, but I have a strong feeling that he will be starting with another team within 2 years.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football