Post Game Thread Redskins vs Bears

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 pm

everydayAskinsday wrote:Unfortunately I was unable to watch the game out here in Utah ( one downside to being in the Air Force ) for some reason they dont care that I cant watch my Redskins in the preseason!

Could I please get a brief description of the key points on the game and players performance.. I have read through the posts from the game thread but its hard to really get an idea.. from what I read this what I got..

Orakpo and Merriweather both suffered what sounded like serious injuries? I heard they said Orakpo was just a should sprain? any updates? and I heard it looks like an ACL/ MCL for Merrieweather?

Don't know about Merriweather, but here is the latest on Rak.
Tarik El-Bashir‏@TarikElBashir

Brian Orakpo said injury is to same pec he hurt last year. Gets an MRI tomorrow. #Redskins

Also sounds like Bob Griffin III struggled against the Bears D and that Kirk had a great game against the Bears reserves

RGIII played in a muddy pocket the entire night. He looked good at times in his movement in that muddy pocket. He really had no chance to set and throw. He did make one real nice throw to Moss, but even on that one, he faced pressure.

Banks also brought back a Punt? how did he look as a receiver and how were our other receivers looking to make a good impression

Banks didn't play receiver.

any signs of life from Cooley?

Except for the interview, not really

How did the RB's look?

Morris first carry 20 yrds. Looked great until the O line just stopped blocking. Tristan DAvis looked good as well with the little room he had. Tavon(?) Bailey fumbled away his chances of making it.
Was our D as bad as it seems against the 1st stringers of the Bears O ?

seems that our secondary really struggled....

GRiffin looked horrible out there. Hall missed a key open field tackle. Josh Wilson dropped an easy INT. Receivers were wide open. "Seems" is putting it mildly. The reserves looked good.

I know I am asking alot and Im sure people just talking about the game on here will help to answer alot of my questions but I am very grateful for any questions you all can answer until I am able to catch the game on NFL Network tomorrow.. Thanks and HAIL!

Hope that helps

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 pm

What up with RG3....during press con, always picking his eye-boogers and rubbing nose, and touch his locks........ Hey man, you look fine.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Krisk86 wrote:I don't know how he would do against the 1st string D, but Cousins looked like a NFL QB. Kinda reminded me of Matt Flynn taking over for Rogers and now look where he is at. If Cousins keeps this up other teams are going to want him.

With the pressure that RGIII faced, I doubt if Cousins would have done any better. He migh have gotten killed. He hung in there and took some shots from the reserves. RGIII showed the importance of being elusive back there. He never took straight on shot.

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:07 pm

thanks for answering my questions Red_one... big help!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Kirk Cousins will either be this team's very capable backup, or someone to turn into a very high draft pick in the future
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 pm

everydayAskinsday wrote:thanks for answering my questions Red_one... big help!

Anytime! Used to live in outside the area - hated not being able to see the Redskin games.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm

My only real concern with this team is the secondary. I actually think Brandon Thompson should make this roster as he shows that he can be an very good cover corner. Tanard Jackson looks to be working off some rust.

Tyler Polumbus played well. And Leribus looks very capable at G as well. Gettis is coming along too, but from my vantage point he's got to play a little lower. If he's a hard worker, he'll be a steal one day who could eventually start.

Briscoe is better than I even thought, but not playing ST might hurt him. For the first time in years, this team will have to cut a WR that can actually make another team.

Alfred Morris probably goes to the practice squad, but he trucked Lance Briggs which was impressive. It looks like Niles Paul might need a year of playing at this weight. If he can keep running 4.4 at the weight he's at, he's going to pose problems for defenders.
Last edited by The Hogster on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:19 pm

The Hogster wrote:My only real concern with this team is the secondary. I actually think Brandon Thompson should make this roster as he shows that he can be an very good cover corner. Tanard Jackson looks to be working off some rust.

Tyler Polumbus played well. And Leribus looks very capable at G as well. Gettis is coming along too, but from my vantage point he's got to play a little lower. If he's a hard worker, he'll be a steal one day who could eventually start.

Briscoe is better than I even thought, but not playing ST might hurt him. For the first time in years, this team will have to cut a WR that can actually make another team.

Alfred Morris probably goes to the practice squad, but he trucked Lance Briggs which was impressive.

Thoughts on Cedric Griffin?
Last edited by Red_One43 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby Krisk86 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
Krisk86 wrote:I don't know how he would do against the 1st string D, but Cousins looked like a NFL QB. Kinda reminded me of Matt Flynn taking over for Rogers and now look where he is at. If Cousins keeps this up other teams are going to want him.

With the pressure that RGIII faced, I doubt if Cousins would have done any better. He migh have gotten killed. He hung in there and took some shots from the reserves. RGIII showed the importance of being elusive back there. He never took straight on shot.

He had to be elusive the O-line was horrible against the first string D. Cousins had great protection and plenty of time to find his target and throw, but that was 3rd and 4th stringers not start NFL players

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:My only real concern with this team is the secondary. I actually think Brandon Thompson should make this roster as he shows that he can be an very good cover corner. Tanard Jackson looks to be working off some rust.

Alfred Morris probably goes to the practice squad, but he trucked Lance Briggs which was impressive.

Thoughts on Griffin?

He looked pretty good to me. Stands in the pocket. Moves around in the pocket. He felt the pressure today though. But overall, he looked good. He also was not playing with the starting line intact or with the starting receivers for a good part of the game.

London Flethcher makes this defense work. The difference between him and the other inside backers is off the charts. Not only does he play his spot well, he gets others lined up and it showed in his absence.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:24 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

Thoughts on Griffin?

He looked pretty good to me. Stands in the pocket. Moves around in the pocket. He felt the pressure today though. But overall, he looked good. He also was not playing with the starting line intact or with the starting receivers for a good part of the game.

London Flethcher makes this defense work. The difference between him and the other inside backers is off the charts. Not only does he play his spot well, he gets others lined up and it showed in his absence.

My bad, I meant Cedric Griffin. I went back and edited hoping to catch you before you saw it. I agree with you on your analysis of RGIII and Fletch.

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Brian Orakpo wants #Redskins fans to know he's okay. He said it was scary at first and he's getting an MRI tomorrow, but he should be fine.

From Homer McFanboy's Twitter Feed
#21 = Forever in our hearts

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

Thoughts on Griffin?

My bad, I meant Cedric Griffin. I went back and edited hoping to catch you before you saw it. I agree with you on your analysis of RGIII and Fletch.

Cedric Griffin had a bad game. I actually prefer Brandyn Thompson to him. He is a bigger corner, but he got worked by bigger receivers in the first half. Alshon Jeffery ate his lunch.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Nevermind...too little of sleep.
Last edited by frankcal20 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

Thoughts on Griffin?

Cedric Griffin had a bad game. I actually prefer Brandyn Thompson to him. He is a bigger corner, but he got worked by bigger receivers in the first half. Alshon Jeffery ate his lunch.

Agreed. I have Cedric on my 53 and after the 2 bad preseason games, I am dropping him.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football