Post Game Thread Redskins vs Bears

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:32 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Did he play? I don't recall seeing him out there.

Cutler and the Bears' receivers said the same thing. :)

^^^^^^^
Posts: 8987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Richard Crawford (CB) had a good game. Wouldn't mind seeing him play vs the 1st this week.

DJ Gomes also got hurt and his ankle was in a boot after the game.

Hog
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Postby the poster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 pm

the redskins were outclassed in every facet of the game; which is a clear sign of things to come. they were blown out during the starters portion of the game.

their offensive line is AWFUL, incapable of sustained pass protection and as i said earlier this offseason, probably the worst running team on first down in the league. they were pathetic for the majority of this game, constantly getting 0 yards, -2 yards , etc on first down.

they dont know who their rb is going to be, the qb has no feel for the TE yet, and their line SUX. they will struggle.

defensively, is the bigger problem. because too many overrate their defense. it is indeed one of the most overrated defenses in the sport and it was on display tonight. right from the beginning, first bears offensive play, cutler when right after them with ease. no pass rush and they have a major problem in their secondary.

its likely going to be a real long year for them, but i knew that all along. they are trying to cover their offensive woes with a rookie qb and that wont work. their o-line is atrocious. simply garbage. they have trent williams and NOTHING else.

its another losing season coming up. but then again, thats all they ever do is have losing , last place seasons, so im sure youre ready for it.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Re: Post Game Thread Redskins vs Bears

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Dropped interceptions - what is going on?

It's preseason, but this was going on last season as well.


ESPN 980‏@ESPNRadio980

#Redskins dropped three interceptions tonight (Kehl, Crawford, Wilson) plus 2 last week. This will be the difference in at least 1 gm in '12

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 pm

John Keim's RGIII Report - Bears Game

One of my favorite throws was the 16-yarder to Santana Moss on a third and three in the first quarter. Adam Gettis was beaten on the play so Griffin was under some duress. But he threw from an excellent base and threw over the top of the rush as a defender was about to hit him. Never flinched.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Dan Graziano - Observation deck: Redskins-Bears

As much as everybody tries to read meaning into the on-field results of preseason games, the only thing that truly matters to the teams is getting through them healthy.

Remember, we absolutely cannot make long-term predictions based on these games. We don't know what we're watching. Some teams game-plan for opponents in preseason, other teams don't. Much of the decisive action comes against third-teamers that won't see the field all year. All we can do is evaluate one night's performance for what it is, and to that end ...
Last edited by Red_One43 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16741
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:03 am

If you need a bright spot....

Marshall and Cutler are Shanahan guys :cry:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:13 am

1niksder wrote:If you need a bright spot....

Marshall and Cutler are Shanahan guys :cry:


I thought Polumbus, Adam Gettis & Josh Leribus played well. This line has some young depth. Gettis & Leribus look capable of starting.

Your favorite WR Banks played well too. For the first time in many years, it looks like the Redskins will have to cut a WR that can make another team's roster.

Call me crazy, but I also think Richard Crawford & Brandyn Thompson deserve to make the 53. Cedric Griffin probably makes it due to experience, but they are both outplaying him so far.


One thing that is concerning is the safety position. They threw D Hall back there. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry in the middle of the field.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16741
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:33 am

The Hogster wrote:
1niksder wrote:If you need a bright spot....

Marshall and Cutler are Shanahan guys :cry:


I thought Polumbus, Adam Gettis & Josh Leribus played well. This line has some young depth. Gettis & Leribus look capable of starting.


Polumbus got away with a massive hold on one play only to repeat it on the next play and get caught, Gettis got blew up on RGIII's 14 yard run. Other than those three plays I agree considering they were playing against seasoned starters

The Hogster wrote:Your favorite WR Banks played well too. For the first time in many years, it looks like the Redskins will have to cut a WR that can make another team's roster.


Banks isn't my favorite although I like him more this year than I did last year, and more this week than last :D I could see them going with seven this year. But that makes AAA the odd man out.

The Hogster wrote:Call me crazy, but I also think Richard Crawford & Brandyn Thompson deserve to make the 53. Cedric Griffin probably makes it due to experience, but they are both outplaying him so far.


They brought Griffin in to play the nickle but Crawford played there for the first time (ever) tonight and looked damned good


The Hogster wrote:One thing that is concerning is the safety position. They threw D Hall back there. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry in the middle of the field.


I've been saying for a year and a half he should be playing safety for the Skins or corner somewhere else, Hall is a liabilty at CB but has the ability to be a playmaker as a "centerfielder", the injury to Meriweather might be a issue.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 am

1niksder wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
1niksder wrote:If you need a bright spot....

Marshall and Cutler are Shanahan guys :cry:


I thought Polumbus, Adam Gettis & Josh Leribus played well. This line has some young depth. Gettis & Leribus look capable of starting.


Polumbus got away with a massive hold on one play only to repeat it on the next play and get caught, Gettis got blew up on RGIII's 14 yard run. Other than those three plays I agree considering they were playing against seasoned starters

The Hogster wrote:Your favorite WR Banks played well too. For the first time in many years, it looks like the Redskins will have to cut a WR that can make another team's roster.


Banks isn't my favorite although I like him more this year than I did last year, and more this week than last :D I could see them going with seven this year. But that makes AAA the odd man out.

The Hogster wrote:Call me crazy, but I also think Richard Crawford & Brandyn Thompson deserve to make the 53. Cedric Griffin probably makes it due to experience, but they are both outplaying him so far.


They brought Griffin in to play the nickle but Crawford played there for the first time (ever) tonight and looked damned good


The Hogster wrote:One thing that is concerning is the safety position. They threw D Hall back there. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry in the middle of the field.


I've been saying for a year and a half he should be playing safety for the Skins or corner somewhere else, Hall is a liabilty at CB but has the ability to be a playmaker as a "centerfielder", the injury to Meriweather might be a issue.


Trent Williams has looked better especially physically. He can dominate if he stays motivated. I'm also intrigued/encouraged that we haven't seen Fred Davis utilized yet, or seen any zone read, option, or pistol formations. This offense has some interesting wrinkles now.

I agree on Gettis. He plays too high, and needs to hone his skills in pass protection, but I do like how he gets to the second level and moves fast downfield. Leribus is agile and strong too. They are players that I wouldn't feel nervous about playing if we need them. I'm not the biggest Mo Hurt fan right now. He gets pushed to the ground too much. Maybe it's his injury, but Leribeus shows more to me.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16741
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:12 am

The Hogster wrote:Trent Williams has looked better especially physically. He can dominate if he stays motivated.


I think Trent is still hurt and probably could have used the night off

The Hogster wrote: I'm also intrigued/encouraged that we haven't seen Fred Davis utilized yet, or seen any zone read, option, or pistol formations. This offense has some interesting wrinkles now.


Cooley said the first team is getting reps at wrinkles that may be additions to the playbook (mostly plays they pulled from Baylor's "non playbook"), he says you have to look at the second team to see what the offense will really look like when the season starts.

I paid a lot attention to what Cousins did when he took over for RGII last night and half his passes in the second quarter went to TEs, and a third of all of his passes went to TEs.

Paul and Paulsen both looked good tonight but I doubt either will come anywhere near matching the YAC that Davis and Cooley will produce


The Hogster wrote:I agree on Gettis. He plays too high, and needs to hone his skills in pass protection, but I do like how he gets to the second level and moves fast downfield. Leribus is agile and strong too. They are players that I wouldn't feel nervous about playing if we need them. I'm not the biggest Mo Hurt fan right now. He gets pushed to the ground too much. Maybe it's his injury, but Leribeus shows more to me.


You must be mistaken, haven't you heard :?: The Redskins traded away their future to get RGIII and did nothing to address the offensive line :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

B-rad
Posts: 3036
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am
Location: De La War

Postby brad7686 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:36 am

I don't know what O-line some of you were watching, but they were horrible. I saw Gettis get stood up and ruin multiple run plays, Polumbus made Idonije look like Jason Pierre-Paul. It's gotta improve or it will be a struggle.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:06 am

Observations

Last night confirmed that:

1. The Bears are much better than the Bills.

2. The OL is fragile. Williams wasn't 100%, and we're seeing glimpses from Polumbus, Gettis, Hurt but their play isn't consistent enough. I think Kory will return and make a difference but we're looking at youngsters getting experience here so errors will occur and we will be enduring that throughout the season.

3. Briscoe and Robinson look reliable and capable WRs and will make the 53.

4. Banks can still return with the best of them. Will probably make the 53, I suspect Shanny will mix him into the offense for reverses and such like.

5. Niles Paul can indeed catch the ball. Paulsen looks capable also. How many TEs will we roll with...? 3 I guess, so Paulsen to the PS...?

6. Morris is a strong, steady runner. If Hightower or Helu remain unfit he can certainly contribute.

7. Captain Kirk is a far better prospect to back up RGIII than Grossman could ever hope to be. I guess as soon as Shanny feels captain has the offense nailed down Sexy will be #3.

8. Raheem Morris has a lot of work ahead of him. I could elaborate here but I'm going to leave it there and say its a work in progress that is bound to improve.

9. Fletcher makes the D tick, when he's missing we look rudder-less out there.

10. It was only a preseason game, result unimportant but good to see a bit of fight from the backups.

11. Whilst uncomfortable to watch, it is good that RGIII was under pressure and the team stuttered against the Bears. Coaches have plenty to work on now, but better to work on it now then after the Saints game.

12. Finally, children under the age of 3 do not understand that Daddy was up until 4am watching the game and needs sleep and quiet....

:!:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

**ch44
Posts: 2360
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:08 am

Was it as bad on tv as it was in person? Our line was disappointing after a great outing in Buffalo. D Hall is an embarrassment.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

tribe
Posts: 6095
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:59 am

Crawford was quick, decisive.... and looked awesome on those Blitz packages. He was in the QBs face in a hurry.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football