Post Game Thread Redskins vs Bears

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Deadskins wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:REED DOUGHTY.....

Give the guy a roster spot. I love tenacity and ball-hawking - swat ball, cause FUMBLE....!!!

frankcal20 wrote:Coaches have praised him b/c while he may not be the most athletic guy, he's always in the right spot. His biggest downfall is coverage but he's REALLY good in run support and always seems to be involved in the tackle when it's in the secondary.

And he's the best tackler on the team, and always hustles his butt off.

Ahem. . . 2nd best
-L.Fletcher
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Nope. I didn't say most prolific, I said the best, as in the surest.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:Nope. I didn't say most prolific, I said the best, as in the surest.

+1 - that's a big deal with this fan

defensive guys that can make tackles are a big plus
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Deadskins wrote:Nope. I didn't say most prolific, I said the best, as in the surest.

Yeah he had like 191 tlk one year. The guy is always around the ball

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'd agree also - I know that he's a rookie but I expect him to be a HUGE addition to our offense early

and

getting better as the season goes on :lol:

I'm not expecting great things from the O line but I do not expect it to be a disaster either

the O line will be fine and will have good depth

I agree also. last year when we had a bunch of back ups in there it took several games before they looked ok. I expect more of the same this year.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:46 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

+1 - that's a big deal with this fan

defensive guys that can make tackles are a big plus

The problem still is- there isn't a position he is built physically for.. he can just be a st guy, and facts are facts, he's a crappy safety and that isn't going to change.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Fair enough.

Doesn't change my comment.

Ahem. . . 2nd best
-L. Fletcher
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm ckr and I support this ^ message.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:19 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

+1 - that's a big deal with this fan - defensive guys that can make tackles are a big plus

The problem still is - there isn't a position he is built physically for .. facts are facts, he's a crappy safety and that isn't going to change.

I"m not sure who is going to make the roster but if you have a guy that is one of the best tacklers on the team playing a position that it is important to be a good tackler, then you keep him

We had a safety once with a body that did not fit the position and he's still one of the best safeties we ever had - including you know who

see Coutertrey's avatar :wink:

"it's not the size of the man in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the man" or something similar = Rocky Marciano
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:22 pm

I hear that.. but another fact is Tanard Jackson is a much better safety- for that matter Gomes and every other safety on the roster are better @ the position too.

I'd rather save the roster spot for the other little guy... Brandon

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't like Reed because he is constantly getting burned. I love Reed because he is a fighter, scrapper and the kind of guy I want on my Redskins.

Unless there are 4-5 clearly better safeties on the team, he'd make my 53.

Oh, and I think that's a Mark Twain quote: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:15 pm

There's a reason he keeps making the team. Coaches trust him. Plain and Simple!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Reed is on this roster unless there are 3-4 guys better - I understand he is not a great safety but he's got to be doing something right

and thanks for straightening me out on the quote - Rocky M. did alude to it once :oops:

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:55 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Oh, and I think that's a Mark Twain quote: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

you sure it wasn't Mike Vick? :roll:
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 pm

emoses14 wrote:I don't like Reed because he is constantly getting burned. I love Reed because he is a fighter, scrapper and the kind of guy I want on my Redskins.

Unless there are 4-5 clearly better safeties on the team, he'd make my 53.

I think we're whistling past the graveyard in regard to the whole defense. We're simply not as good as advertised, nor even good. I think the Bears showed that--the absence of Fletcher was not that important. The Bears would have scored over forty on us if it had been a regular season game, and the Bears are not that good on offense. The offense may come around, but the defense won't. We're going to have to have big games offensively to win.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football