Kirk Cousins - a Stand Up Guy

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:37 am

I think that the Shanahans are customizing their offense to fit each guys talents. They are very different QBs. RG3 is similar to Steve Young to me (QB style not success) and Cousins in college and preseason seems more like a Matt Schaub QB who can maneuver in the pocket and get out and run a little if need be but not going to be a running threat.

Postby kmiec » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:27 am

It seems to me that what Cooley alluded to is correct. Whatever plays they were running with RGIII didn't seem as natural to the players and didn't set up as fast as when cousins was in there. Maybe it is just me but cousins reps seemed more like what RGIII ran in the first PS game. We'll see if they game plan some for the 3rd Game and see a more Reg. Season offense by the first stringers.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:30 am

Doubt it.. it seems to me they are keeping a lid on this rgiii fella everyone is talking about... A tight lid.
Through two games he has less then half the passes of people like Luck, Manning, tannehill etc etc etc etc etc
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

emoses14 wrote:He mentioned that the offense being run by the second/third team is a lot closer to what our offense looks like and that what the first team is running is something different (or something to this effect). I wonder, then, what role that plays in your assessment. That's more a rhetorical than practical question. When I saw that I remember thinking, well, hell, how are we supposed to judge his handle of the offense then? I'm sure there's a perfectly legitimate reason for running the preseason this way (not the least obvious of which is that MS doesn't want to show his entire hand in preseason), but I do wonder what our offense looks like with Robert running it, cause I don't think that is what we're seeing.

He's talking about the offense being tailored for RGIII. Cousins played in a more pro-style offense in college. They are adding tweaks for RGIII, that are not part of Cousins' training at QB. That's why the first team and backup squads are running different plays. So, what you're seeing from RGIII right now is a vanilla form of what you will be seeing in the regular season.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Deadskins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:He mentioned that the offense being run by the second/third team is a lot closer to what our offense looks like and that what the first team is running is something different (or something to this effect). I wonder, then, what role that plays in your assessment. That's more a rhetorical than practical question. When I saw that I remember thinking, well, hell, how are we supposed to judge his handle of the offense then? I'm sure there's a perfectly legitimate reason for running the preseason this way (not the least obvious of which is that MS doesn't want to show his entire hand in preseason), but I do wonder what our offense looks like with Robert running it, cause I don't think that is what we're seeing.

He's talking about the offense being tailored for RGIII. Cousins played in a more pro-style offense in college. They are adding tweaks for RGIII, that are not part of Cousins' training at QB. That's why the first team and backup squads are running different plays. So, what you're seeing from RGIII right now is a vanilla form of what you will be seeing in the regular season.

Muchisimas Gracias.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby kmiec » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:44 am

Deadskins wrote:

I don't quite read it like that. I read it like this: The second and third string are running what the vast majority of the regular season offense will look like. The first team is running new hybrid versions of Baylor's/skins playbook for RG3 to see how the team reacts and to see what will work. Or am I just missing it all together?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 am

kmiec wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I don't quite read it like that. I read it like this: The second and third string are running what the vast majority of the regular season offense will look like. The first team is running new hybrid versions of Baylor's/skins playbook for RG3 to see how the team reacts and to see what will work. Or am I just missing it all together?

Nope... that's the jist of it... What the first team is running is what will be filtered and incorporated into Shanahan's playbook. It's a option they didn't use with McNugget and with RGIII's skill set if they didn't go this route they (the Shannies) should both shot, then fired :twisted:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:07 am

Wait, I'm confused. :? I thought that MS/KS couldn't adapt the playbook to the players. I thought he was too arrogant and rigid to acknowledge that any variation to his exact plan and vision was to admit failure and men don't do that!

Or are we to believe that a washed up qb might be a bit bitter about being so decidely dismissed for sucking?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 am

emoses14 wrote:Wait, I'm confused. :? I thought that MS/KS couldn't adapt the playbook to the players. I thought he was too arrogant and rigid to acknowledge that any variation to his exact plan and vision was to admit failure and men don't do that!

Or are we to believe that a washed up qb might be a bit bitter about being so decidely dismissed for sucking?
:D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 am

kmiec wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Isn't that what I said? :hmm:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football