White Guys are Rooting for Kirk Cousins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

White Guys are Rooting for Kirk Cousins

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 am

LMAO. I think most of us agree Skip Bayless is a cretin. But this story is the tops.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... _blog.html

Skip Bayless on RGIII, Kirk Cousins: ‘It’s human nature if you’re white to root for the white guy’
By Sarah Kogod

(John McDonnell - THE WASHINGTON POST)

Skip Bayless says dumb things. This thing is one of them.

On ESPN’s First Take this morning, Bayless, who is still irrationally angry about the Redskins drafting Kirk Cousins, made up a Redskins quarterback controversy and proceeded to debate it with the classiest of arguments:

“Some foolish Redskins fans – fans, foolish, doesn’t that go together, right? – they’re gonna sit back and say, ‘God, RGIII was struggling. He fumbled, he threw a couple of bad passes. Maybe Kirk Cousins is better right now. Maybe we should go with Kirk.’ NO! I don’t want to see that. I don’t want to set up that dynamic.

“I’m going to throw it out there,” Bayless continued. “You also have the black/white dynamic and the majority of Redskins fans are white and it’s just human nature if you’re white to root for the white guy. It just happens in sports. Just like the black community will root for the black quarterback.

“I’m for the black guy. I’m just saying I don’t like the dynamic for RGIII. It could stunt his growth in the NFL.”

What an idiot. You know who I am rooting for, Skip? The guy we spent three first round draft picks on to acquire. I'm rooting for THAT guy.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 pm

This guy is colassally stupid. He should be fired for making such a stupid comment, then again he makes numerous stupid comments every day. ESPN has become unwatchable in the last 5 years.

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 pm

what a maroon!

I like Capt. Kirk, he will be a swell backup. He will also probably garner trade value well above the draft pick we spent on him in a year or two, which is wonderful.

RGIII didn't light up the night with his showing against da' beers, but he also didn't turn in a disaster of a performance either. He has poise. He has accuracy. He is fleet of foot. He cost us a LOT. He isn't Wrecksy, but he's also not superman (yet). I have no concerns about his development so far.

3% of our DNA seperates us from chimpanzees.
any idiot who thinks that they are racially pure simply has neglected to look far enough up the old geneological tree. If your gonna be a racist, remember your race is human.
just sayin. . .
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 pm

I have to say, this sounds a lot like it could be Obama's fault.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 pm

I stopped watching that show once he became a regular. Just can't agree with any of his comments. He's become the guy who's always throwing crazy stuff out there hoping to be talked about.

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 pm

I have no loyalties to either QB.. I would love for RG3 to pane out considering the price it cost to get him BUT all I care about is the Redskins finding the franchise QB we have been so desperately craving .. If its RG3 great if
its Kirk Cousins great .. Just give me a QB who can successfully lead this team
for the foreseeable future and I am happy

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:18 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I have to say, this sounds a lot like it could be Obama's fault.
ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

Well played.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:25 pm

[-X I root for every player that goes to war on Sundays for the Redskins

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 pm

First, Bayless made the statement to get press. Secondly, Bayless (via the statement) is basically saying he's a racist. And no, the "I'm for the black guy" doesn't nulify the comment (after all, it's "human nature, right...... :roll: )

I think that I speak for most skins fans when I say we don't care what color the player is -- we want everyone to succeed. In this case, RGIII is the starter -- so that is the person we want to be the most successful. It's not a black or white issue and the fact Bayless is making it one just shows the kind of person he truly is.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:04 pm

I'd like to know which NFL team's fans AREN't "mostly white".

What a douchebag thing to say. It's like saying "I'm not racist, I love [insert ethnic slur here], but those guys over there; they're racist."
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:17 pm

HarleyHog wrote:what a maroon!

... and black!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:I'd like to know which NFL team..'s fans AREN't "mostly white"

I'm sorry I don't think that is factual. I don't know what the demographic of tgs Skins fan case is but I guarantee the it isn't accurate inside the capitol beltway.

As a kid that grew up in PG county in the 70s and 80s I was part of the minority; white. I can't imagine it has gotten any better. In high school I applied for a minority scholarship. My guidance counselor was offended, but being a minority in school all my life I didn't know any better.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:51 pm

I doubt there are very many fans who'd prefer Jimmy Clausen over Cam Newton regardless of how white he is. Fans prefer the better QB. Sure, there are some lingering stereotypes. And, if someone is a racist, well duh--they prefer all white people. :shock: But, Skip is an idiot if he thinks that the Skins Fans want RG3 to fail just so we can give Cousins or Grossman a go.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 pm

So now i know what Larry Michael was referring to on Redskin Nation as he would not say the name of the reporter.

How does clueless keep his job uttering such nonsense? What next, black Redskin fans supporting Raheem Morris to supplant Shanahan as head coach? Clueless really offends across the board here.....blacks, whites, and more importantly, Redskin Nation as a whole..

So...if it is human nature to support folks who are the same color as you are, but clueless is supporting RGIII.....what does that say about clueless? Maybe he isn't a human?

As much as he talks about race, i begin to wonder about his motivation.....of course, i am sure he has plenty of black friends........

Dumb***
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:17 pm

I have yet to hear one Redskins fan who says we should go with Cousins. Not one. I have no idea what this idiot is blathering about.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football