Injury Updates

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Injury Updates

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:43 am

Redskins returning to health

--WR Anthony Armstrong (sprained shoulder) only played only one down Saturday, but is expected to suit up Saturday vs. the Colts. “We took the [no-contact] yellow jersey off of him today,” Shanahan said.

Armstrong is battling Aldrick Robinson, Brandon Banks and Dezmon Briscoe for one of the final two wide receiver spots.

--RB Tim Hightower (grandfather’s funeral), RB Roy Helu Jr. (Achilles’ tendons), SS Brandon Meriweather (knee), CB Morgan Trent (knee, shoulder), WR Lance Lewis (groin) did not practice.

--Helu said both of his sore Achilles’ tendons are feeling better, but it’s too soon to make a decision about Saturday’s game. On Tuesday, Helu was limited to warmups. “It started out with being tight, then [after] playing through it, it strained a little bit,” Helu said.

--Fullback Darrel Young (hamstring) practiced today but is not expected to play Saturday, Shanahan said. “It’s not completely healed, but it’s getting better,” the coach said.

Young did not suit up in the first two preseason games, but might play a series or two in the fourth game if he’s ready, Shanahan said.

--Right guard Chris Chester (ankle) should make his preseason debut against the Colts. “I expect him to be able to go full speed,” Shanahan said.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:32 am

When you look at injury reports around the league, I'd say the Redskins are healthier than average. Aside from the O-line, which is a major concern, all of the injuries are either minor or in positions where we have plenty of depth. Hardly any starters are ailing (again, apart from the O-line).
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Re: Injury Updates

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 am

Armstrong is battling Aldrick Robinson, Brandon Banks and Dezmon Briscoe for one of the final two wide receiver spots.

That's assuming there are only two more spots. Shanny kept 8 WR + Banks last year. No reason to just assume he won't keep seven this year including Banks.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 am

LPJ- hit funnybone (elbow jonx) and it hurts like hell.. and its not funny.

Most likely out 4-6 hours.

No replacements at this time.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:LPJ- hit funnybone (elbow jonx) and it hurts like hell.. and its not funny.

Those 4-6 hours are crucial. Can't make the club in the tub! Get healthy real soon!

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 am

Any updates on Orakpo? Also what is the latest on Brown? He is anywhere close to being able to return?

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:53 am

Red_One43 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:LPJ- hit funnybone (elbow jonx) and it hurts like hell.. and its not funny.

Those 4-6 hours are crucial. Can't make the club in the tub! Get healthy real soon!

He is a bum anyways :lol:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:36 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

Oh das f*%^ up!!! :lol:

Even Special Teamers can't get a break huh? :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:54 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

Lmao, you beat me to the punch, good job sir- miss...

Brown is probably out till the season opener at the very least..
Glad Rak isn't on that list, I'd sit em regardless but an update should be issued I'd think?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:When you look at injury reports around the league, I'd say the Redskins are healthier than average. Aside from the O-line, which is a major concern, all of the injuries are either minor or in positions where we have plenty of depth. Hardly any starters are ailing (again, apart from the O-line).

We are only missing one OL (Chester) that I expected to be ready for the opening game and he gets back Saturday. After that we are back to what I expected their full strength to be.

Even if you expected KL to start (unlike me) we will be down only one when Saturday comes.

Tyler Polumbus is our starting RT. He is the only guy that we could have projected as our starting RT. I don't want to hear that Jamal Brown is our starting RT or that anyone truely counted on him to be the starting RT. He will never play anothe rdown for the Redskins, if any NFL team.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Doesn't sound like it about Brown. I don't expect to see him back. It's not his fault. He didn't do anything to prevent his injury from getting back. Sometimes it just doesn't heal.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Keim's 8/22 Injury Report

Shanahan said that neither Helu nor Hightower could play right now. And he said of his confidence they’ll be ready for the Sept. 9 season opener: “I really don’t know yet….You never know; they could be fine by the first game. Keep our fingers crossed.”

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Kory Lichtensteiger doesn't sound ready. He said he couldn't do a full team practice today because he's "Not there yet."

To me, that means he's a little farther along. Usually athletes are more optimistic even when they are hurt. For him to say that gives me some concern that he won't be ready to start and play a full game by the beginning of the season.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:48 pm

That could all just be coach speak meaning, he's not ready today but could be ready tomorrow. Let's just wait and see how it pans out. Shanahan is trying to get these young guys playing experience and I think there's no better time than in the preseason.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:51 pm

I agree!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football