Gano Cut - Cundiff Signed/Cut - Kai Forbath Signed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:15 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I liked Gano's leg but he made me a lot more unsure about making FGs than Billy Cundiff

I might have said the same thing before the Tampa game. :twisted:
Also, I never woried about distance with Gano, like I do with Cundiff. With Gano, it was right or left, with Cundiff, it's right or left and maybe short too. :shock:

we're all seeing the games - why is Billy Cundiff here instead of Gano?
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I liked Gano's leg but he made me a lot more unsure about making FGs than Billy Cundiff

Also, I never woried about distance with Gano, like I do with Cundiff. With Gano, it was right or left, with Cundiff, it's right or left and maybe short too. :shock:

I'm casting a Brewster's Millions vote...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

You tell me, you're the one with the FO insight. :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:43 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I wish this thread read: "Cundiff cut -- Gano signed"........

Regardless, we need to make finding a kicker a key offseason priority. Why teams don't put emphasis on finding kicking I have no idea. They make or break AT LEAST 3 games a season --- and have determined the outcome of, I beleive, 2 SBs in the past 10.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

You tell me, you're the one with the FO insight. :P

This is just a 'maybe' ...

maybe - because the guys in charge thought that Cundiff is a better kicker

that's just a maybe ... :roll:

or

they could have brought in Cundiff because they did not like Gano as a kicker

:twisted:

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:05 pm

I liked Gano but I'm glad we don't have to watch him kick FGs for this franchise anymore

I hope he gets work soon :P

LET's GO KAI :D

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:58 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I liked Gano but I'm glad we don't have to watch him kick FGs for this franchise anymore

LET's GO KAI :D

Yep,I hated seeing the guy make 15 of his last 16 kicks that was so boring compared to Cunwiff. Who needs a young kicker that turned the corner.

I'm glad we signed another young kicker to replaced the has been (actually Cunwiff almost qualifies as a never was), instead of some other has been.

I hope Kai is good out of the gate or we'll suffer through his growing pains and then like Gano, they wil cut him just as he has gotten his S straight, only to replace him with a worse kicker.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Cundiff sucked

But so did Gano

That's why Kai is now the Guy. 8)
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:04 am

SkinsJock wrote:I liked Gano but I'm glad we don't have to watch him kick FGs for this franchise anymore

Giants? Cowboys?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Giants? Cowboys?

:shock: not that that's a bad thing

just because he wasn't good for us does not mean he can't get it together somewhere else ... :wink:

same holds true in reverse - good/great player leaves one team and 'disappears' on another - Mario Williams

OR

player signs a huge contract and stops playing - Chris Johnson/Titans, Haynesworth/Redskins, AND Williams/Bills

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 am

SkinsJock wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Giants? Cowboys?

:shock: not that that's a bad thing

just because he wasn't good for us does not mean he can't get it together somewhere else ... :wink:

same holds true in reverse - good/great player leaves one team and 'disappears' on another - Mario Williams

OR

player signs a huge contract and stops playing - Chris Johnson/Titans, Haynesworth/Redskins, AND Williams/Bills

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I still feel that Gano can still make it in the NFL. There is no doubt he has NFL distance, he just needs to work on the trajetory of his kicks. If he is able to do that, he'd be a solid kicker. But, being a kicker in the NFL may be one of the most difficult and stressful jobs around. If you are waived, it is hard to get back in the league without connections or something crazy like what we have going on with Cundiff.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 pm

there's more to the Gano 'story' than we've been told

they 'apparently' approached him this week and then withdrew the possibility of his coming back

I always hoped that Gano could work out because the ball seemed to jump off his boot ...

however

these guys are not going to wait very long to see if you're THE guy - results are all that counts and it seemed apparent that Danny and Mike did not have confidence that Gano had become more reliable

pointing to the success rate as a reason he should NOT have lost his job is not going to hold water IF Gano did not clearly demonstrate to these guys that he was better than they'd seen from the past 2 years

hopefully these guys (Cundiff and Gano) get another shot somewhere

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:03 pm

According to a league source, the Patriots worked out three veteran kickers -- Billy Cundiff, Neil Rackers and Graham Gano. The Patriots also worked out running back Lorenzo Booker, punters Chas Henry and Ryan Donahue, guard Ryan Durand, long snapper Bryce Davis and wide receiver Jarred Fayson.

ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:24 pm

1niksder wrote:
According to a league source, the Patriots worked out three veteran kickers -- Billy Cundiff, Neil Rackers and Graham Gano. The Patriots also worked out running back Lorenzo Booker, punters Chas Henry and Ryan Donahue, guard Ryan Durand, long snapper Bryce Davis and wide receiver Jarred Fayson.

ROTFALMAO

They've been all over our sloppy seconds lately. Not sure what's up with that, but that's not how I would try to improve my team.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:27 pm

1niksder wrote:

ROTFALMAO

Being that Belichick owes Cundif his last trip to the Super Bowl, that's the least he could do for Billy.

Rackers? Not a bad pick up in an emergency situation.

Gano? Looking at Swishy and Akers, that's a smart move to look at Gano.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football